Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 663 of 714 FirstFirst ... 163 563 613 653 661 662 663 664 665 673 713 ... LastLast
Results 16,551 to 16,575 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Traveler Sai Niki is on a distinguished road

im on my 3rd journey to the tower. currently at the point where Roland and Eddie are in Maine getting Calvin to sign him over the empty lot with the rose.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Started The Stand. Second read and since I read a lot of books on Kindle it is nice to have that big beautiful brick in my hand once again while I read! Loving it!

Traveler Sai Niki is on a distinguished road

I love the stand! Cant wait to see the new show cbs is making.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Started The Stand. Second read and since I read a lot of books on Kindle it is nice to have that big beautiful brick in my hand once again while I read! Loving it!
    Original or uncut?

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Original or uncut?
    The Big Boy! Ha!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I just started The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton, which I've never read before, despite its status as a classic, and one that is often assigned reading in high school, and the fact that I am of advanced age.

So far, so good. Nothing wildly tremendous about the writing, but it's an engaging story that makes you care about the characters while flowing right along. As teen-oriented fiction goes, it (so far, anyway) beats the absolute living shit out of the wildly awful The Catcher In The Rye.
    In the village all the children running home

- they sing hymns that haunt them when they're all alone.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am reading Name of the Wind and loving it.. is the second one good as the first?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I am reading Name of the Wind and loving it.. is the second one good as the first?
    It sure is. Enjoy!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Finished The Silent Patient the other day. After reading a handful of these books in a row last year I came to realize that they are all exactly the same, and not my cup of tea. And this one was exactly the same as those

Currently reading Ararat. It'll be my last winter horror read for the year. Really enjoying it so far. Although I am slightly creeped out because I just recently finished reading a book about a girl who is posessed by a demon, and right away that obscure name of the demon popped up in this book.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Finished The Silent Patient the other day. After reading a handful of these books in a row last year I came to realize that they are all exactly the same, and not my cup of tea. And this one was exactly the same as those
    I know exactly what you mean! I was thinking the same thing earlier this year when every book synopsis I was reading sounded similar and found out it's actually its own genre ("domestic suspense"). Unreliable, alcoholic female narrators, secrets, crappy husbands...they're all the same.

Currently reading Ararat. It'll be my last winter horror read for the year. Really enjoying it so far. Although I am slightly creeped out because I just recently finished reading a book about a girl who is posessed by a demon, and right away that obscure name of the demon popped up in this book.
    I enjoyed Ararat. It was very "wintery". Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. And if you like it, there's a "sequel" coming out soon that features one of the characters from Ararat. I don't want to say who because then you'll know that he/she survives the book.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I know exactly what you mean! I was thinking the same thing earlier this year when every book synopsis I was reading sounded similar and found out it's actually its own genre ("domestic suspense"). Unreliable, alcoholic female narrators, secrets, crappy husbands...they're all the same.

I enjoyed Ararat. It was very "wintery". Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. And if you like it, there's a "sequel" coming out soon that features one of the characters from Ararat. I don't want to say who because then you'll know that he/she survives the book.
    I already heard about the sequel, so I know who survives

And The Silent Patient was different in that it was primarily her male physician that narrates it, but both are somewhat unreliable which drives me crazy with these books. They're super fomulaic, and I also feel like they have a somewhat slow start and then about 3/4 of the way in they just toss all these crazy twists in to purely shock you, yet because you know it's coming it's not shocking and sometimes they're super absurd (thinking of Behind Her Eyes right now )
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I’ve really got to catch up on reading Barker.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I recently finished The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton.

It did a great job of illustrating the helplessness of childhood, a time when the comprehension of the world vastly outstrips the ability to take meaningful action – a great recipe for profound frustration, at a time in life when aggression runs high.

It executed the dual trick of depicting a believable/credible us/them dynamic (greasers and socs) while illustrating the common ground that went unseen by most members of both groups.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I recently started My Mostly Happy Life: Autobiography of a Climbing Tree by Shelly Reuben.

It's written in the first person, through the POV of a tree in a park. The title and cover suggest it was written for children, but I'm not sure it was; it's not quite as lighthearted as that might suggest, with themes that I'd call "human" but not necessarily "adult" in the sense of excluding young readers. It moves right along; so far, so good.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I recently started My Mostly Happy Life: Autobiography of a Climbing Tree by Shelly Reuben.

It's written in the first person, through the POV of a tree in a park. The title and cover suggest it was written for children, but I'm not sure it was; it's not quite as lighthearted as that might suggest, with themes that I'd call "human" but not necessarily "adult" in the sense of excluding young readers. It moves right along; so far, so good.
    That actually sounds like a really cool concept. I'm sure there's a lot of interesting things that can be done with that premise

As for me I just finished Revival for the first time. I really enjoyed it, and had always heard good things about the ending, which I loved. This would make a great HBO adaptation

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    ...I just finished Revival for the first time. I really enjoyed it, and had always heard good things about the ending, which I loved.
    King readers have been pretty split about the ending, but like you, I really liked it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So.... getting pretty deep into Name of the Wind and the more I read the more I’m impressed and immersed into this story. I’m very excited to see how this turns out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    ...I just finished Revival for the first time. I really enjoyed it, and had always heard good things about the ending, which I loved.
    King readers have been pretty split about the ending, but like you, I really liked it.
    It had Pet Semetary and Frankenstein vibes to me, which I really appreciated. It would make for quite the scene visually if they adapt it

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Just finished 48 Hours by William Forstchen. Kick ass book, very scary and too real.
    I quite liked his One Second After (but have yet to finish that series).
    I read 48 Hours and thought it was very realistic and possible. I just finished One Second After and enjoyed it. Looking forward to starting One Year After to see what happens next.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    I read 48 Hours and thought it was very realistic and possible. I just finished One Second After and enjoyed it. Looking forward to starting One Year After to see what happens next.

I recently got my hands on One Year After and The Final Day and will read them very soon (should start OYA this week).

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I recently finished My Mostly Happy Life: Autobiography of a Climbing Tree by Shelly Reuben.

As previously stated, it is first person from the POV of a tree in a park.

One of the categories listed on the edition notice is “adult fable,” and that’s as good a description as any I can think of. Nice story, simple and appealing. Lots of man's better nature, with a sprinkling of adversity to make the point.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I recently began Come Home. Love, Dad by Shelly Reuben.

Similar to Reuben's My Mostly Happy Life: Autobiography of a Climbing Tree (in that it is bursting with positive vibes, lighthearted, amusing), except that this is non-fiction, consisting of letters from her father (written decades ago) interspersed with her own present day commentary.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

After waiting months for it to come out in Canada, finally reading Doctor Who: Scratchman. While I adore the TV show, I must admit, I don't often read that many books based on it partially due to being a slow reader and partially because it's one of my least favorite mediums for the series. But this book, written by Tom Baker himself, is absolutely fantastic so far. It has one of my favorite teams, it's deeply rooted in horror, and it has so much of what I love about the show. Definitely a fantastic take on the show.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I just finished Come Home. Love, Dad by Shelly Reuben. Nothing to add beyond my comments above, other than that I liked it, and it was a bit sad.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just started One Year After by William Forstchen.

OYA is a sequel to One Second After (which I read last summer), and second book in the trilogy, which concerns the aftermath of an EMP attack on the US (in short, no electricity).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 663 of 714 FirstFirst ... 163 563 613 653 661 662 663 664 665 673 713 ... LastLast