Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 647 of 714 FirstFirst ... 147 547 597 637 645 646 647 648 649 657 697 ... LastLast
Results 16,151 to 16,175 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Just started Gone Girl the other day. A bunch of friends were raving about Gillian Flynn so figured it was time to finally check out some of the books.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's good and twisted, but the hype definitely had my expectations way high.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    It's good and twisted, but the hype definitely had my expectations way high.
    Is the book different from the movie, or do they follow pretty closely?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There's some changes and trims (and not everything happens exactly like in the book), but it's one of the best adaptations I've ever seen in terms of following the source material, acting, atmosphere, and suspense. I read the book before the movie came out and was still hooked by the movie even though I knew what was going to happen.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Manitou Doll by Guy N. Smith. Also started Books of Blood Vol. 1.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just started Wayward. Hoping this one is as good as Pines

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The Wise Man's Fear.

Rothfuss is amazing
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Just started Wayward. Hoping this one is as good as Pines
    It just keeps getting better IMO.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    The Wise Man's Fear.

Rothfuss is amazing
    My copy should be delivered this week and I will start next week...I can't wait (a shame he seems to be dragging his ass on book 3).
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I recently finished One Second After by William Forstchen. As previously mentioned, it is about the aftermath of an EMP attack on the US.

The writing is not great, but is good enough, given that I'm reading more for the topic than for a great story (this is definitely not for readers who aren't already interested in EMP attacks and their aftermath). The story and characters are fine, good enough to serve the purpose of the information the author wants to convey (to be fair, passages with key deaths were suitably moving; I don't want to damn Forstchen's writing skills as bad as it may appear). It is the first book of a trilogy and was good enough that I will continue with it.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Today I started Patrick Rothfuss' The Wise Man's Fear (the second book of his Kingkiller Chronicle).

I loved The Name Of The Wind (KC book #1) and expect this to be just as good (I'm only 19 pages in; so far, so good).

This guy can write.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally got around to reading/finishing The Outsider. I loved it. Yes, it felt like two separate narratives, but it really worked for me. The subject matter of the first half was pretty dark for a father with children. I really enjoyed reconnecting with Holly - she is one of King's more interesting creations, even more so with Justine Lupe's fine portrayal in the Mr. Mercedes series.

Now I am on to the most recent Lee Child, The Midnight Line. The Jack Reacher series is one of my favorites (not a fan of the Tom Cruise movies). Stephen King recommended Child years ago in an issue of Entertainment Weekly, and on his recommendation I picked up Killing Floor, the first Jack Reacher novel. I loved it and have been hooked since. 30 pages in and it's like hanging out with an old friend.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Today I started Patrick Rothfuss' The Wise Man's Fear (the second book of his Kingkiller Chronicle).

I loved The Name Of The Wind (KC book #1) and expect this to be just as good (I'm only 19 pages in; so far, so good).

This guy can write.
    I am gonna pick this series up. I have heard nothing but wonderful things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Is Kingkiller a trilogy?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Is Kingkiller a trilogy?
    Yes, but an as-yet unfinished one. The in-progress third book is tentatively titled The Doors Of Stone.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

I recently finished One Second After by William Forstchen. As previously mentioned, it is about the aftermath of an EMP attack on the US.

The writing is not great, but is good enough, given that I'm reading more for the topic than for a great story (this is definitely not for readers who aren't already interested in EMP attacks and their aftermath). The story and characters are fine, good enough to serve the purpose of the information the author wants to convey (to be fair, passages with key deaths were suitably moving; I don't want to damn Forstchen's writing skills as bad as it may appear). It is the first book of a trilogy and was good enough that I will continue with it.
    I felt the same about Forstchen's writing style but the subject and storyline was compelling enough to slog through the series.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Is Kingkiller a trilogy?
    Yes, but an as-yet unfinished one. The in-progress third book is tentatively titled The Doors Of Stone.
    I really feel like Name of the Wind is probably the best Fantasy novel written since Lord of the Rings.. and they are not the same type of fantasy novel. I think you will enjoy WMF. As to the wait for book three.. I generally hold the same stance that I do with GRRM and the Song of Ice and Fire... if/when book 3 comes out doesn't matter that much to me. It doesn't take away the feeling I first had when reading Name of the Wind. I'd love a conclusion but it doesn't lesson my reading experience at all.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished Circe by Madeline Miller. I strongly recommend it to anyone but especially if you are at all interested in Greek Mythology. Even if you only have a passing interest/knowledge of Greek mythology there are enough tidbits to really get your interested. I really didn't think I would enjoy this book as much as I did.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    I just finished Circe by Madeline Miller. I strongly recommend it to anyone but especially if you are at all interested in Greek Mythology. Even if you only have a passing interest/knowledge of Greek mythology there are enough tidbits to really get your interested. I really didn't think I would enjoy this book as much as I did.
    A group of high school juniors I teach read this for book club last spring and really enjoyed it, as did I.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Started Dark Matter by Blake Crouch and I really like it so far. Pretty non-stop chaos. somewhat predictable so far.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    Started Dark Matter by Blake Crouch and I really like it so far. Pretty non-stop chaos. somewhat predictable so far.
    Now I am 2/3 of the way through. Hard to stop reading. Will probably finish tonight after work. Excellent!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now I am 2/3 of the way through. Hard to stop reading. Will probably finish tonight after work. Excellent!!
    yeah he is a GREAT story teller
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

What I love too about him, is he's a very fast paced storyteller. Normally it takes me forever to read a book, but his you can just fly though. So glad you're enjoying it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Just started “The Descent” by Jeff Long and so far it’s really good!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Karma sutra. Im stuck on page one, I'll have too stretch more for page two!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 647 of 714 FirstFirst ... 147 547 597 637 645 646 647 648 649 657 697 ... LastLast