Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 637 of 714 FirstFirst ... 137 537 587 627 635 636 637 638 639 647 687 ... LastLast
Results 15,901 to 15,925 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    I just finished ‘The Listener’ by Robert McCamman. My oh my was this a great book. Such an enjoyable read. Even though it was a different story, it had that Boy’s Life feel to it. This one was a 5 star for me. If you like McCammon, I highly recommend. If you’ve never read McCammon, give it a shot.
    Coincidentally I read a few samples of his today and knew immediately he’s an author I’ll enjoy. Planning on starting with either Swan Song or the Matthew Corbett series.
    I always recommend Boy’s Life as a first read for McCammon. Now, it’s that or The Listener.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

I just finished ‘The Listener’ by Robert McCamman. My oh my was this a great book. Such an enjoyable read. Even though it was a different story, it had that Boy’s Life feel to it. This one was a 5 star for me. If you like McCammon, I highly recommend. If you’ve never read McCammon, give it a shot.
    Coincidentally I read a few samples of his today and knew immediately he’s an author I’ll enjoy. Planning on starting with either Swan Song or the Matthew Corbett series.
    I always recommend Boy’s Life as a first read for McCammon. Now, it’s that or The Listener.
    Interesting. Well, I’m not dead set on starting with the ones I mentioned so I’ll give Boy’s Life a read first. Thanks.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The Devil in the White City

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    The Devil in the White City
    Read this last summer. Really enjoyed the portions about H.H. Holmes. He was a scary guy. Can't believe he was able to get away with everything he did.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking for a GREAT read.... something that someone would love to show me. I was begged last night to read Into Thin Air but that will take a few days... thanks all.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The Bird Box - Malerman
    White and Other Tales of Ruin - Tim Lebbon. Similar to stories in Night Shift.
    Clive Barker - The Hellbound Heart

If you're a fan of short stories and novellas, check out Kealan Patrick Burke, John R. Little, Brian Hodge and Tom Piccirilli. They've all published with CD and the e-books are dirt cheap.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    The Bird Box - Malerman
    White and Other Tales of Ruin - Tim Lebbon. Similar to stories in Night Shift.
    Clive Barker - The Hellbound Heart

If you're a fan of short stories and novellas, check out Kealan Patrick Burke, John R. Little, Brian Hodge and Tom Piccirilli. They've all published with CD and the e-books are dirt cheap.
    Bird Box I am in for sure... thanks my Canadian friend!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Looking for a GREAT read.... something that someone would love to show me. I was begged last night to read Into Thin Air but that will take a few days... thanks all.
    Sci-fi/Fantasy: Really anything by Brandon Sanderson. I would start with Mistborn or Elantris
    Horror: Horns, Joe Hill
    Quick fun read: Ready Player One, Ernest Cline
    Graphic Novel: Locke and Key, Hill or From Hell, Alan Moore

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I second Bird Box, great short read. Same with RPO, a fun read as well.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I really enjoyed Into Thin Air. I'll third Bird Box. And recommend A Headfull of Ghosts if you have yet to read that one.

Finally got ahold of the audiobook of Sleeping Beauties from the library. I attempted to start to read it but struggled a bit so decided to wait for the audio version. Not really a fan of the narrator they chose, but she's not horrible so I can deal with that. The story however, is moving so slowly, and there's so many people to keep track of. And I'm not really feeling any connection with any of them yet, which is kinda weird for a King book. I'm a little more than a third of the way through,
    Spoiler:
    and there's still a ton of women awake? Based on the synopsis I was thinking they'd be wiped out from the get go, but I guess not.
    I really hope the story picks up soon.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Scream Quietly: The Best of Charles L. Grant. My first experience with this author and I can’t put it down.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Grant is a master. Check out his Oxrun novels.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Finally got ahold of the audiobook of Sleeping Beauties from the library. I attempted to start to read it but struggled a bit so decided to wait for the audio version. Not really a fan of the narrator they chose, but she's not horrible so I can deal with that. The story however, is moving so slowly, and there's so many people to keep track of. And I'm not really feeling any connection with any of them yet, which is kinda weird for a King book. I'm a little more than a third of the way through,
    Spoiler:
    and there's still a ton of women awake? Based on the synopsis I was thinking they'd be wiped out from the get go, but I guess not.
    This was a drag of a story for me. Curious what you think when you finish it.

WTB:

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Spoiler:
    This was a drag of a story for me. Curious what you think when you finish it.
    I have a pretty strong feeling that I'm not gonna be a fan unless the book drastically changes. And the premise sounded so intriguing to me. It's a bit of a letdown so far.

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Grant is a master. Check out his Oxrun novels.
    That’s up next! Maybe I just haven’t been paying attention or looking in the right places but I’m surprised to not see his name mentioned along with the greats like King more often. I hear he’s always been very underrated, but I’m just surprised by how much.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Interesting. Well, I’m not dead set on starting with the ones I mentioned so I’ll give Boy’s Life a read first. Thanks.
    Boy's Life for sure.
    And then come in here and post all your feelings about it. haha

Also, I really enjoyed the first Matthew Corbett book.

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Boy's Life for sure.

Haha will do. Not too pleased with the rest of the Corbett books or just haven’t read them?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Boy's Life for sure.

Haha will do. Not too pleased with the rest of the Corbett books or just haven’t read them?
    I just didn't get around to them yet. They're on my mental to-read list though.

Country
    Country Flag

Gotta add Listener to that mental list! Maybe even on the short list. Why? Because... Snootch to the Nootch! Need I say more?

WTB:

My Mood
    Chatty

Gotta add Listener to that mental list! Maybe even on the short list. Why? Because... Snootch to the Nootch! Need I say more?
    Are Jay and Silent Bob in it or something?

I mean, I guess I can't argue with that reasoning. haha

Can you imagine them popping up out of nowhere in a serious book? haha

My Mood
    Chatty

Haha it would earn an extra star if I was book critic.

That would be awesome

+ Reply to Thread
Page 637 of 714 FirstFirst ... 137 537 587 627 635 636 637 638 639 647 687 ... LastLast