Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 628 of 714 FirstFirst ... 128 528 578 618 626 627 628 629 630 638 678 ... LastLast
Results 15,676 to 15,700 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Awesome! That's how I immediately felt when I started it.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Just starting Boys Life... damm I am loving this book.... does it stay as good as the first 100 pages guys?

YES. Yes it does.
    I'm so glad you decided to give it a go and are enjoying it. You're in for such a treat.
    I love it... one of my favourite books in years. 300 pages in and loving every word!
    Awesome! That's how I immediately felt when I started it.
    Ditto to you both. I remember thinking, how the hell hadn't I heard of this or read this years ago.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally got around to picking up the Strain trilogy and giving it a shot. I'm not a huge fan of Hogan's writing style so far. It feels a little choppy and almost like a script.
    For example most people tend to flow dialog:
    "Do you like it?", asked PersonA
    "Yes," said PersonB. "I do like it."

Where as Hogan's is more
    PersonA asked "Do you like it?"
    PersonB said "Yes, I do like it."
    Just doesn't flow and interrupts the flow to tell you who they are up front. Other than that though I am enjoying the story so far.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love love LOVED Boys Life. What a great book. Made me smile the whole way through I am ready Gwendy next and man it is a quick read BUT I still have half way to go. I like it so far
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I love love LOVED Boys Life. What a great book. Made me smile the whole way through
    Awesome!

Were you a big weepy mess by the time it came to and end? Or was that just me?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love love LOVED Boys Life. What a great book. Made me smile the whole way through
    Awesome!

Were you a big weepy mess by the time it came to and end? Or was that just me?
    It made me miss being a kid... and the last epilogue.. was sad. Made me miss where I grew up. I LOVED IT.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Juggling a bunch of shit right now;
    • Rerereading Dark Tower V. Hopefully I'll get to actually finish the journey this time.
    • Boy's Life, based on Amanda's recommendation (100 pages in).
    • Nameless, by Grant Morrison. Love this man and his crazy ass work.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Juggling a bunch of shit right now;
    • Rerereading Dark Tower V. Hopefully I'll get to actually finish the journey this time.
    • Boy's Life, based on Amanda's recommendation (100 pages in).
    • Nameless, by Grant Morrison. Love this man and his crazy ass work.
    1. I don't know who this Amanda chick is, but she sounds like she knows what's up. You should take her advice on all reading matters.
    2. I've kinda been itching to do a Dark Tower reread, but I've got so much other stuff piled on my shelf. .....But the damn tower won't stop calling my name.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I just finished The Second World War, Volume II: Their Finest Hour by Winston Churchill.

Some fun quotes:

"...I said that I was not a military expert, but that my technical advisers were of the opinion that the best method of dealing with a German invasion of the Island of Britain was to drown as many as possible on the way over and knock the others on the head as they crawled ashore."

"Once Hitler was embroiled with Russia this happy state might have been almost indefinitely prolonged, with ever-growing benefits, and Mussolini might have stood forth in the peace or in the closing year of the war as the wisest statesman the sunny peninsula and its industrious and prolific people had known. This was a more agreeable situation that that which in fact awaited him."

Molotov, Soviet Minister of Foreign Affairs, "'expressed the warmest congratulations of the Soviet Government on the splendid succes of the German Armed Forces'. ...No recollection of their miscalculation and former conduct ever prevented the Soviet Government and its Communist agents and associates all over the world from screaming for a Second Front, in which Britain, whom they had consigned to ruin and servitude, was to play a leading part."

"...the Germans certainly read my war books with attention."

"The German Navy itself had been, as we have recorded, knocked about in a most serious manner..."

"When you have got a thing where you want it it is a good thing to leave it where it is."
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Based on the repeated raves on this thread, I think I will give Boy's Life a try. (I've read Swan Song and Baal, and while I could recommend them to others, I wasn't wild about them myself).
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

I've yet to read Swan Song, but I can say that Baal was pretty "meh" for me.
    I hope that if you do give Boy's Life a try, you end up liking it.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally getting around to reading Doctor Sleep. Pretty good so far.

I think that you will love Boy's Life - one of my favorites.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Finally getting around to reading Doctor Sleep. Pretty good so far.

I think that you will love Boy's Life - one of my favorites.
    I really enjoyed Doctor Sleep.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was very much pleasantly surprised with Doctor Sleep as well.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Just read The Handmaid's Tale, what a great book. Has anyone read any of her others?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Just read The Handmaid's Tale, what a great book. Has anyone read any of her others?
    The show was really good. Did you see that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yes, loved the show. It's what prompted me to read the book, and so glad I did. Have you read the book yet?

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, loved the show. It's what prompted me to read the book, and so glad I did. Have you read the book yet?
    No should I?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I'd definitely recommend it. I loved the style of writing. It's a quick read. The show is pretty different, they added in a lot of extra stuff, but both were good in their own ways.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Finally finished collected PKD vol. 1, now starting Ilium by Dan Simmons.

Country
    Country Flag

Default What are you currently reading?

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Finally finished collected PKD vol. 1, now starting Ilium by Dan Simmons.
    Ilium was the second book in my life I never finished.... other than the third book of the Southern Reach.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Paula Hawkins - Into the Water

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Reading Lord of the Flies for the first time and ready to throw it across the room. How can I not be enjoying it just 26 pages in?!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Reading John Gardner's, Grendel. Loving it. I have not read an existentialist novel is some time.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Paula Hawkins - Into the Water
    Gave up on page 55 or so. There are roughly ten characters, none of them are likeable and with all the jumping to and from all the POVs, I've forgotten that there was an actual mystery to be solved. I sort of felt bad about possibly missing out on some big reveal but after reading the less-than-kind reviews, I'm feeling better about quitting.

I think I need some good SF so I'm going back to the Best of Harry Harrison.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 628 of 714 FirstFirst ... 128 528 578 618 626 627 628 629 630 638 678 ... LastLast