Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 627 of 714 FirstFirst ... 127 527 577 617 625 626 627 628 629 637 677 ... LastLast
Results 15,651 to 15,675 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Another rec from King, another dud: The Poison Artist by Jonathan Moore. Some really good writing in there but the "twist" became apparent about 2/3 in. Reminded me of Michael Slade but with balls removed.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    So picked up Hyperion... finding it VERY hard to read. I am on page 30 or so when the Priest is starting his story. Will this get better? Or... is this read going to continue to be so difficult? Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was one of the hardest reads I had done when I read them. That said though I recommend you work through it. The story telling is amazing and after you finish the first 2 books there is such a reward. I enjoyed the hell out of it.
    So keep going eh?

Yeah I think it's worth it
    Quick question... did you read just the first two or all four?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You can't just stop after the second book. I mean, you can but the story isn't done.

Reading: Zelazny & PKD - Deus Irae

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

So picked up Hyperion... finding it VERY hard to read. I am on page 30 or so when the Priest is starting his story. Will this get better? Or... is this read going to continue to be so difficult? Thanks all

It was one of the hardest reads I had done when I read them. That said though I recommend you work through it. The story telling is amazing and after you finish the first 2 books there is such a reward. I enjoyed the hell out of it.
    So keep going eh?

I only read the first 2 so far. It was dense so I took a break and haven't made it back yet

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So keep going eh?

I only read the first 2 so far. It was dense so I took a break and haven't made it back yet
    Ok thanks!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've just finished, "Gwendy's" and man what a piece of crap. IMHO Read as a short story, King had an idea for and handed off to, Chizmar and said "finish it". It was the worst dreck by, King I have ever read!!!! What a piece of garbage!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I started The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul by Douglas Adams. I'm really liking it.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I started The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul by Douglas Adams. I'm really liking it.
    This was good stuff.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished To Be Continued by Robert Silverberg. A very satisfying first entry in the "collected Silverberg" series from Subterranean. It's hard to believe some of these stories were written by a college kid. Great story notes too.

Reading When the Great Days Come by Gardner Dozois.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    This was good stuff.
    I'm really liking it and have had to put the book down plenty of times just to laugh at a passage.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished a wonderful book entitled Gradle Bird written by an acquaintance of mine. In case someone is looking for a good story with interesting characters, it's available on Amazon.

GRADLE BIRD

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I just finished a wonderful book entitled Gradle Bird written by an acquaintance of mine. In case someone is looking for a good story with interesting characters, it's available on Amazon.

GRADLE BIRD
    I just looked it up and it sounds pretty interesting. I've added it to my to read list.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

GRADLE BIRD
    I just looked it up and it sounds pretty interesting. I've added it to my to read list.
    Sweet! Hope you enjoy it!

GRADLE BIRD
    Sweet! Hope you enjoy it!
    Me too. I'll be sure to let you know when I get around to reading it.

Started The Wolf's Hour by Robert McCammon last night. I thought Swan Song would be my next McCammon adventure, but I guess I'm sort of "saving" it since it's such a big book.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished Brian Evenson's "Last Days". Jeeeee...sus! I loved it.

Disturbing, original, written in an engaging, punchy crime noir style. I'm a little late to the party on this author but he's now in my top 10 contemporary horror/weird fiction writers. Just read the premise of the book. (And if you read the 2016 reissue with the Peter Straub introduction, save the intro until after - there are spoilers).

Gunslinger Apprentice kaufen is on a distinguished road

What it Was - George Pelacanos (re-read)

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I recently finished The Second World War, Volume I: The Gathering Storm by Winston Churchill. As I'd said before:

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Churchill's writing is dense (you need to be locked in and paying attention), but engaging (not fatiguing) - he whisks the reader through recent history and ongoing events, easily weaving causes, effects, and his own opinions (of course) into a seamless whole. Compelling and rich reading.
    To this I would add:

One might expect a book written by someone at the top of the leadership pyramid to be deep with detail, and this is, on all operations in which WC had a hand, which was basically everything - design and manufacture schedules for ships, political events (front page and back room), conversations with significant players, communications (often in the form of his own speeches and memos - don't skip the appendices here (of course, readers should never skip appendices anywhere)), and plans for military operations.

Churchill was skilled at criticizing the philosophies, programs and actions of others, all while managing to speak well of them as people - a gentleman warrior in the arena of public life.

Style is a matter of taste, and I do enjoy his:

"Thereafter mighty forces were adrift, the void was open, and into that void after a pause there strode a maniac of ferocious genius, the repository and expression of the most virulent hatreds that have every corroded the human breast – Corporal Hitler."

"So they go on in strange paradox, decided only to be undecided, resolved to be irresolute, adamant for drift, solid for fluidity, all-powerful to be impotent."

To sum up: the book was what I'd expected and hoped it would be, and more. Highly recommended for those who might have an interest.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I just started The Second World War, Volume II: Their Finest Hour by Winston Churchill.

Traveler amazinglostmc will become famous soon enough amazinglostmc's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished reading Reflections: An Oral History of Twin Peaks by Brad Dukes. Currently reading Lynch on Lynch by Chris Rodley. Nothing's better than a David Lynch kick, especially on dark and stormy nights, when it's almost feels like fall already.

Country
    Country Flag

PKD - The King of the Elves

Country
    Country Flag

Just starting Boys Life... damm I am loving this book.... does it stay as good as the first 100 pages guys?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just starting Boys Life... damm I am loving this book.... does it stay as good as the first 100 pages guys?

An easy yes! One of my all time favorites, enjoy!
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

YES. Yes it does.
    I'm so glad you decided to give it a go and are enjoying it. You're in for such a treat.

Country
    Country Flag

YES. Yes it does.
    I'm so glad you decided to give it a go and are enjoying it. You're in for such a treat.
    I love it... one of my favourite books in years. 300 pages in and loving every word!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 627 of 714 FirstFirst ... 127 527 577 617 625 626 627 628 629 637 677 ... LastLast