Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 620 of 714 FirstFirst ... 120 520 570 610 618 619 620 621 622 630 670 ... LastLast
Results 15,476 to 15,500 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

About to start Legion by William Peter Blatty

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just finished DT2. This is at least my 3rd read: first when the Plume trade (large) paperback came out, then some time after later books were released, and now.

Parts of this would look great on film (virtually every moment of Roland inhabiting the pusher, for example), but overall, I found this mainly veering between dull and over the top. On the other hand, it moves things along a bit, and does leave you wondering what's next.

Just started (and now almost 1/2 through) The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Interesting in its own way, but not normally what I look for in a book (I'm reading it because a fellow reader close to me insisted) and therefore isn't lighting me up.
    Last edited by St. Troy; 02-14-2017 at 10:26 AM. Reason: shave shave
    When they said how many dollars it would cost, I was amazed at how badly they'd overvalued it - then I realized they'd overvalued the dollars as well.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Just started "Horns" by Joe Hill.
    First book of his that Ive read...so far, Im enjoying it.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    You are in for such a great journey!!!!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Yup. I'm sure everyone's tired of hearing it from me. But that book is so good. I loved it.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Yup. I'm sure everyone's tired of hearing it from me. But that book is so good. I loved it.
    Can that be the next book from Suntup? I'm picturing bright red devil skin and horns coming off the cover. (Think Regulators lettered but red and horns)

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes I would love be to give that book special treatment.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just finished The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.

As mentioned before, this is not the type of thing I generally read (it was recommended to me). It does have a cumulative effect (building on the emotion of simple humanity and what people mean to each other), and I found that the characters ultimately meant something to me and I can say I enjoyed it. While I'm not in a mad rush to read something else of Hosseini's, I probably will eventually.
    When they said how many dollars it would cost, I was amazed at how badly they'd overvalued it - then I realized they'd overvalued the dollars as well.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Just finished The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.

As mentioned before, this is not the type of thing I generally read (it was recommended to me). It does have a cumulative effect (building on the emotion of simple humanity and what people mean to each other), and I found that the characters ultimately meant something to me and I can say I enjoyed it. While I'm not in a mad rush to read something else of Hosseini's, I probably will eventually.
    That's good to hear. My girlfriend is also a fan of that book.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Fritz Leiber - The Big Time

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Starting my first Sanderson novel. Elantris

Satanic Mechanic B Rag will become famous soon enough B Rag's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading Marrow by Robert Reed for the second time. It hasn't even been that long since the first time.
    Have you heard of people with short fuses? Well, I have no fuse at all, and there's a thousand could testify to it if I hadn't stilled their tongues for good.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker
    my itty bitty boy parts need the movie to grow
    You can't ignore my girth.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    About to start Legion by William Peter Blatty
    oh, please tell me when you start!! I've been wanting to reread it for ages, it's a fantastic book; would love to synchronize my reread with your read

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

you didn't read his first collection? why? it's one of the best short stories collection ever (bears think so)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just started Shakespeare's Insults by Wayne Hill & Cynthia Otchen, which is basically a 308-page long list. It is good, if you like this sort of thing.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm about 1/3 through Horns and loving it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Fritz Leiber - The Big Time
    Noooope. Not my thing. Moving on to The Best of Gregory Benford.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking of making The Terror by Simmons my next read.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I LOVED that book. I am envious you get to read it fresh! I could not put it down...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Well it's about time...
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Summer of Night is the only thing I've read by Dan Simmons. I really, really wanted to like that book, and I can probably list a dozen good things about it, but, while I can't explain it, the fact is I just didn't enjoy it that much. (I'm not criticizing Dan or the book; I'm disappointed in myself). Every time I see someone here discuss how much they enjoyed SON and others of his, I wonder if I should give it another try...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Summer of Night is my other favorite of his. I will say though, that The Terror is so different, don't let you're not liking Summer of Night deter you from reading that one. I would definitely recommend checking that one out at some point.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just finished Shakespeare's Insults by Wayne Hill & Cynthia Otchen; again, not bad for a list.

Just started Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Well it's about time...
    Lol yeah seriously. I've seen the title thrown around so often, the curiosity got the better of me.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Summer of Night is the only thing I've read by Dan Simmons. I really, really wanted to like that book, and I can probably list a dozen good things about it, but, while I can't explain it, the fact is I just didn't enjoy it that much. (I'm not criticizing Dan or the book; I'm disappointed in myself). Every time I see someone here discuss how much they enjoyed SON and others of his, I wonder if I should give it another try...
    Hyperion is the first - and only - Simmons I've read to date and I loved it. It's as hard a sci fi as you can hope for. It goes off the rails toward the end but the imagination on display is breath taking in scope.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 620 of 714 FirstFirst ... 120 520 570 610 618 619 620 621 622 630 670 ... LastLast