Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 714 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 562 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    Reading 'Salem's Lot, sent by the lovely LISA!
    That made me sound like a magicians assistant.

I'm rereading The Shining, I've only read it once before and that was 20 years ago, so it'll kind of be like the first time again

Along the Path of the Beam Vasagi is on a distinguished road Vasagi's Avatar

Book currently sitting on the throne: World War Z by Max Brooks

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    Reading 'Salem's Lot, sent by the lovely LISA!
    ...and I am reading Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone, also sent by the lovely LISA.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

...And now, for my next trick!...

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I'm reading Brice & Adumbros escalating war of words in the spoilers thread.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Entertaining wasn't it.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Without question. thanks for the free entertainment

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

*bows*

wait! free???

If you rescue me

i could send you a beambuck or two for it

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, one will do.

....just to save my ego from feeling cheap.

If you rescue me

Gunslinger Apprentice BlakeMP is on a distinguished road BlakeMP's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

First Meetings -- an anthology of short stories and novellas in Orson Scott Card's Ender universe. Not bad so far.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I reread The Mist yesterday, I hadnt read that in so long.
    I actually bought a new copy just to have it on the shelf.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Lost Boy Lost Girl by Peter Straub

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    ...Concurrently Reading:

1) DHARMA BUMS, by Jack Kerouac

2) THE PLANT, by Stephen King

3) THE SANDMAN, VOL. V - A GAME OF YOU, by Neil Gaiman
    I finished DHARMA BUMS. I liked it ok, but ON THE ROAD is far better, IMO.

Still working on the other two slowly.

Also now reading: NEVERWHERE by Neil Gaiman
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice PedroPáramo is on a distinguished road PedroPáramo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

-Our lady of the Assasins-Fernando Vallejo
    (I just finished it today)
    -The Death of Artemio Cruz- Carlos Fuentes(half)
    -For whom the bells tolls-Ernest Hemingway(just the beginning)
    Look at me thus. Thy glance is mad and rare.
    Thine eyes show deep and wild and inner strife.
    How they are more than Horror fair!
    -Alexander Search

Gunslinger Apprentice Lance is on a distinguished road Lance's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished reading The Bourne Ultimatum and quickly realized that the books are VEry different from the movies. Two of the main characters that died in the first two movies are very much alive and well in the third book. The adaptations are similar in name only. I want to go back and read Identity and Supremacy just to see what Robert Ludlum's true vision was.

Now I'm reading John Grisham's The Broker . And it's proving worthy of a Grisham novel. Very fast paced, extremely readable. I've only been reading it for two days and I expect to finish it whithin the next two.
    I'm Joe Collins, bitch. Recognize!

"I don't like pot. It dulls my hatred" - Darlene Conner

Gunslinger Apprentice Dud-a-chum? is on a distinguished road Dud-a-chum?'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Erin: you will love HP! Keep reading! They get so much darker and more adult as they progress, as well, so get ready for some great creepy visuals!

As for what I'm reading currently, I'm double-timing The Legend of Drizzt series by R.A. Salvatore alongside the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan (R.I.P.)

I've been slowly finishing up "Eragon" as well, but not in a big rush to finish it. Great start and middle, but really drawn-out ending.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I might check out those Bourne books

I'm rereading a Terry Pratchett book before I move onto more serious stuff. The next 5 books in my "to read" pile all look quite intense

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

:check:

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Getting away from my daily busy business life I am reading The Magician's Nephew by C. S. Lewis. It's light and lovely.
    Thats tied with The Lion, The Witch and Wardrobe as my favorite of the series..
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gunslinger Apprentice Dud-a-chum? is on a distinguished road Dud-a-chum?'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Getting away from my daily busy business life I am reading The Magician's Nephew by C. S. Lewis. It's light and lovely.
    Thats tied with The Lion, The Witch and Wardrobe as my favorite of the series..

Never have Read any C.S. Lewis. What am I missing out on? I take it I should definately read the books if I really wnat the full story, right? I mean, because it looks to me like Disney is really screwing up the series with skipping books in between film releases like they have been.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The books are great, especially if you like that upper class old school British tome of narrative
    Seriously, they are good fun and well written.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dud-a-chum? View Post
    Never have Read any C.S. Lewis. What am I missing out on? I take it I should definately read the books if I really wnat the full story, right? I mean, because it looks to me like Disney is really screwing up the series with skipping books in between film releases like they have been.
    Actually I thought Disney's version was fantastic, best rendition of the book yet. I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "skipping books"? They're going with the original order the series came out.
    You really should read the series, its one of my favorites under The Dark Tower series. Its kind of like Harry Potter in that its oriented towards children but everyone can enjoy it.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Didn't they start with The Lion, The Witch...? It should be Magician's Nephew first CK.

The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe was released first.

The order of release was - 1. The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe; 2. Prince Caspian; 3. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader; 4. The Silver Chair; 5. The Horse and His Boy; 6. The Magician's Nephew; 7. The Last Battle

I have the series-in-one-big-book format and it will definetly be one I encourage my daughter to read when she is ready. and yes, "magician's nephew" is first.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 714 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 562 ... LastLast