Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 610 of 714 FirstFirst ... 110 510 560 600 608 609 610 611 612 620 660 710 ... LastLast
Results 15,226 to 15,250 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Cixin Liu - Death's End

This is going to be my #1 read of the year. Although it's very different from Dune in its plot and theme, it's similar in density, ideas, and just good science. It's also a fresh take on why broadcasting our existence to the universe might not be such a great idea.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Finished The Green Mile. I was reading the afterword, and he says that he'll most likely never do another serial novel, but I really hope he does consider it again. Also he talks about how The Green Mile wouldn't work as being a single novel. I only have the serialized paperbacks, so my question is, is the version that was released where it was all together in one book, just each 6 parts put together. Or does he change the story a bit? He specifically mentions a few inaccuracies, and how he may or may not fix them if he decided to release it as one novel. And also how it wouldn't work because in each part he does a little refreshing of events for the reader. Although those are done in a framing story, but it got me wondering if that version was different.

I'm also almost done listening to the audiobook of 11/22/63. The narrator is really good. This is probably easily in my top 10 books. I love how there's so much detail that you really feel as if you're back in time with him. And I love the nod to Derry and It.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I read The Green Mile as one book and don't remember it feeling "off" in any way as I read it. And I'll have to check my copy, but I'm pretty confident the book was broken up in the same parts that the serial had.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i have them singles, i'm missing parts 1 and 2 because like a fucking idiot i am i lent it to a friend and the dumb bitch didn't return it. it still pisses me off as you can tell and haven't seen her in years because i lost touch with her years ago. anyways having vented a bit here sorry about that, i also have the Tom Hanks Paperback as well as the Box and Case of them all together as well and that one i need to look at again to look at what year it is. one copy i have is the single book with a few bends in the cover i had gotten it used to be fair. and than i also have one that's mint that's in the case as well. i haven't read The Green Mile in years but i don't think he changed anything from the way it was 1st published it was just one book instead of being single that's all.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

In THE COMPLETE SIX PART NOVEL box set the only difference I can see is that at the end of parts 1-5 each book states "To be continued" & those are missing from THE COMPLETE SERIAL NOVEL.

and the 1st edition of THE COMPLETE SERIAL NOVEL MAY 1997 has a New Introduction by the Author.

The Subterranean Press 6 book hard cover editions do not have the "To be continued" they are also missing the 1997 New Introduction but they do have a New May 24th 2000 Foreword by Ralph Vicinaanza.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Ah ok, thanks guys! I figured as much, but after reading his afterword it sounded like he never wanted to put them together unless he did a rewrite.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Serial novels are tricky to write.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm away on holiday so thought I'd pick up a scrappy paperback from my shelf to take with me. Took the horror anthology Masques (ed. J.N.Williamson, 1984). Mid-way through - solid collection. Clear it's collected at the height of the horror resurgence. Stand out so far: "Soft" by F. Paul. Wilson - extremely disturbing...

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

A Mountain Walked
    Alan Moore - Jerusalem

John F. Kennedy Ebdim9th is on a distinguished road

peripheral .... I've read most of F. Paul Wilson's work, but not Soft ....

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ebdim9th View Post
    peripheral .... I've read most of F. Paul Wilson's work, but not Soft ....
    I really enjoyed it. Virus-based apocalyptic story. I've been suggested to read "The Tomb", what are your thoughts on that one?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm doing this social experiment on Facebook. It's unreal how it works. So you post about it and here is the post: Does anyone on my list not love books??? This is a way to get TONS OF BOOKS for simple sending one. Trust me!!

WANTED: Participants for a book-loving social experiment.
    Comment if you want to participate and I’ll send you details. What do you have to do? Buy your favorite book and send it to a stranger (I’ll send you a name and address.) You will only be sending one book to one person. The number of books you will receive depends on how many participants there are. The books that will show up on your door are the other people’s much loved stories.

Then when they respond under it... you send them a private message... if anyone wants to play and find out how it works... just respond here with this quote... and you will. Be. Amazed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I'm doing this social experiment on Facebook. It's unreal how it works. So you post about it and here is the post: Does anyone on my list not love books??? This is a way to get TONS OF BOOKS for simple sending one. Trust me!!

WANTED: Participants for a book-loving social experiment.
    Comment if you want to participate and I’ll send you details. What do you have to do? Buy your favorite book and send it to a stranger (I’ll send you a name and address.) You will only be sending one book to one person. The number of books you will receive depends on how many participants there are. The books that will show up on your door are the other people’s much loved stories.

Then when they respond under it... you send them a private message... if anyone wants to play and find out how it works... just respond here with this quote... and you will. Be. Amazed.
    Sounds cool, Kris! I'm interested.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Name of the wind

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Alan Moore - Jerusalem
    I tapped out on page 28.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Alan Moore - Jerusalem
    I tapped out on page 28.
    Ouch. You're throwing in the towel? Not the easiest read, I know.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Alan Moore - Jerusalem
    I tapped out on page 28.
    HAHA I am still trying to decide what the book is about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Alan Moore - Jerusalem
    I tapped out on page 28.
    HAHA I am still trying to decide what the book is about
    I might still read it but only a few pages at the time. I didn't find the writing impenetrable, just the story uninteresting. I felt the opposite about Voice of the Fire, that opening chapter was a nightmare to get through but the story was really cool. That reminds me of something Gaiman said in his introduction to Stories; I'm paraphrasing here but something about the most important question being "And then what happened?" With Jerusalem, I just don't think I care.

I'm going to finish The Stand, A Mountain Walked, and some Powers and Wolfe books I started months ago. That's pretty much it until the end if the year for me.

Country
    Country Flag

Josh Malerman (Birdbox) has a new novella out. It's almost a short novel. It's called A House at the Bottom of the Lake. and it's a good one. He's one of the newer talents to watch out for. It'd be nice to see a limited edition of his books.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out. Really enjoyed Bird Box (minus the ending).

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Just started Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
    I hated history in school but I actually enjoyed that book. It gave a new perspective to what is commonly taught by the American school system

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The full history of the US cannot be adequately told in a single volume. I really like The Oxford History of the United States series.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished The Girl with All the Gifts by M. R. Carey. I would strongly recommend this book. It was great writing and to me it had a nice creepy factor to it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 610 of 714 FirstFirst ... 110 510 560 600 608 609 610 611 612 620 660 710 ... LastLast