Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 604 of 714 FirstFirst ... 104 504 554 594 602 603 604 605 606 614 654 704 ... LastLast
Results 15,076 to 15,100 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Starting Hex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt tonight. Really excited to start this out.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Starting Hex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt tonight. Really excited to start this out.
    Aron, really interested to hear your thoughts... let us know!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Argh, I finished Children of the Dark only to later realize that's the prequel to Savage Species. The story seemed to sort of finish its arc but it still stopped a little too suddenly. After a little nosing around I found out why it ended the way it did.

I also read The Sadist's Bible by Nicole Cushing. Pretty satisfying novella, it reminded me of early Barker when he still did unspeakable things to his characters. I thought her novella Children of No One from Dark Fuse was a more interesting story but really, she can spin a mean (pun intended) yarn and if you're looking for a no-BS horror story with good characters, look her up.

I'm reading Victor LaValle's The Ballad of Black Tom and then Christopher Buehlman's The Suicide Motor Club. Gotta love my local library. It's at 4.9 stars on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Suicide-Motor...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nearing the end of EOW.... not sure what to read next. I always have something lined up too!!!! I would love to start a series that is a fun easy read that I CANNOT PUT DOWN! Help?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

"Dark Matter" by Blake Crouch comes out today.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Nearing the end of EOW.... not sure what to read next. I always have something lined up too!!!! I would love to start a series that is a fun easy read that I CANNOT PUT DOWN! Help?
    The Lucas Davenport "Prey" series by John Sanford or the Hap & Leonard series by Joe Lansdale.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    "Dark Matter" by Blake Crouch comes out today.
    Really enjoying it so far. Has anyone else started it yet?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Can't remember but have you read Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer yet? I absolutely love the first and highly recommend it. Not a fan of book 2 or 3 though. But that one can definitely stand on it's own.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Can't remember but have you read Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer yet? I absolutely love the first and highly recommend it. Not a fan of book 2 or 3 though. But that one can definitely stand on it's own.
    It was the most hated series I have ever read. Sorry but it really was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

John Scalzi - Old Man's War series. It's science fiction with neat ideas and pretty much nonstop action. No crazy technical details, the story is pretty much all-go-no-slow from the start. You could also try Haldeman's The Forever War books.

Dennis Lehane has two different series but the name escapes me. Dan Simmons has Joe Kurtz. Also Hyperion but you might not dig that. Del Toro's The Strain might be an obvious choice but that's one fine story.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Everything and their mothers should read Hyperion.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Hyperion was fantastic

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Also vouch for the Joe Kurtz trilogy

No need to be sorry. I completely understand that with books 2 and 3, but you didn't enjoy the first at all?

Country
    Country Flag

No need to be sorry. I completely understand that with books 2 and 3, but you didn't enjoy the first at all?
    No your right. I really liked the first one... He last 2 were so bad I forgot the first if ya know what I mean.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

The whole Hyperion series or just the first book? I am intrigued to be honest.... The Only Simmons I have not liked was Illium. The rest of his stuff I have loved....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The whole Hyperion series or just the first book? I am intrigued to be honest.... The Only Simmons I have not liked was Illium. The rest of his stuff I have loved....
    Yeah I'm right there with ya. Ilium was meh for me but the rest of his stuff is fantastic. I highly recommend the whole Hyperion Saga

Country
    Country Flag

K that and Joe K I am going to tackle. Thanks brother!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Rock on

No your right. I really liked the first one... He last 2 were so bad I forgot the first if ya know what I mean.
    I just pretend books 2 and 3 don't exist

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jeff Vandermeer is amazing, Heather. Check out some of his other stuff, especially the short stories and novellas.

I should check out some of his other books. Are there one or two in particular that you recommend?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    The whole Hyperion series or just the first book? I am intrigued to be honest....
    I highly recommend the whole Hyperion Saga
    I've only read the first 2 novels of the saga (the second half of the series takes place hundreds of year in the future and are a almost a completely different story), and both are God tier science fiction.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I should check out some of his other books. Are there one or two in particular that you recommend?

I haven't read everything but check out The Third Bear, which contains the amazing novella The Situation and his earlier collection City of Saints and Madmen. Very surreal stuff and beautifully written.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post

I haven't read everything but check out The Third Bear, which contains the amazing novella The Situation and his earlier collection City of Saints and Madmen. Very surreal stuff and beautifully written.
    I will never read another book of his again. I am sorry but he is horrible.... it is the first time in my life I completely gave up on reading a book... ever.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 604 of 714 FirstFirst ... 104 504 554 594 602 603 604 605 606 614 654 704 ... LastLast