Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 600 of 714 FirstFirst ... 100 500 550 590 598 599 600 601 602 610 650 700 ... LastLast
Results 14,976 to 15,000 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    You should see my non King list
    Mine is infinite, it's weird but I find it kind of comforting that I will never be able to read all the books that I want in this one lifetime. There will always be something waiting after I finish the book I am currently reading...

Spoiler:

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    You should see my non King list
    Mine is infinite, it's weird but I find it kind of comforting that I will never be able to read all the books that I want in this one lifetime. There will always be something waiting after I finish the book I am currently reading...

Spoiler:
    Just so long as my glasses don't break...

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

What did people think of SK FAB8? I have an old reading copy sitting on my floor and I am tempted to pick it up every time I walk by but the thought of the story is just so weird to me.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default What are you currently reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Well, wasn't directed towards me but I'll list mine

TBOBD (next up after I finish EOW)
    Black House
    Blaze (Started but never finished it. Still bookmarked with the front DJ flap where I stop)
    Blockade Billy (Included in TBOBD so I'll get to it then)
    Creepshow (Saw the movies of course)
    Cycle of the Werewolf (Loved the film version)
    Danse Macabre
    Dreamcatcher
    11/22/63
    Faithful
    Hearts in Atlantis (Enjoyed this film also)
    Joyland
    Just After Sunset
    My Pretty Pony
    Nightmares and Dreamscapes
    The Talisman
    Umney's Last Case
    TWTTKH
    I won't include collections since I'm not big into his short stories. Off the top of my head...

Salem's Lot
    The Talisman
    Black House
    Dolores Claiborne
    It (reading now)
    Blaze
    Bachman Books
    Needful Things
    Christine
    11/22/63
    Doctor Sleep
    Mr Mercedes
    End of Watch
    That other one in that trilogy
    Wind Through The Keyhole
    Misery
    The Green Mile
    The Dead Zone
    The Regulators
    The Tommyknockers
    You guys have a lot of great reading ahead of you!
    I see two of my favorite King books in both lists. Blaze and 11/22/63. Mattrick, I'd recommend you shoot for Dolores Claiborne and The Dead Zone. Another two of my favorites from your list.

Here's what I still have left to read:

Bazaar of Bad Dreams
    Black House
    Colorado Kid
    Danse Macabre
    Dreamcatcher
    Everything's Eventual
    Four Past Midnight
    IT (Currently re-reading)
    Nightmares & Dreamscapes
    Rage
    The Tommyknockers
    The Stand (would be a re-read)

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    What did people think of SK FAB8? I have an old reading copy sitting on my floor and I am tempted to pick it up every time I walk by but the thought of the story is just so weird to me.
    For me, FAB8 was one of my least favorite books. I just couldn't get into it and struggled to get through it.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

For me, FAB8 was one of my least favorite books. I just couldn't get into it and struggled to get through it.
    See Paul that is what is weird to me. Why did they make a S/L of a book that is just meh. Where is the S/L Duma Key and real S/L of 11/22/63 & UTD (Not the crappy Publisher ones)?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Good questions. Not everyone disliked FAB8 though, but yeah there are definitely better books that could do with a nice limited.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All this list making got me curious about how many King books I have left:

Bag of Bones
    The Colorado Kid
    Cycle of the Werewolf
    Doctor Sleep
    Dreamcatcher
    The Eyes of the Dragon
    Gerald's Game
    Insomnia
    Rose Madder
    On Writing
    Danse Macabre
    Faithful
    Different Seasons
    Four Past Midnight
    Hearts in Atlantis

(almost through End of Watch)
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Read steelheart by Brandon Sanderson in 2 days. It's so good

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The Fireman is pretty good so far. Only 60 pages in but I'm not skipping/skimming anything.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

See Paul that is what is weird to me. Why did they make a S/L of a book that is just meh. Where is the S/L Duma Key and real S/L of 11/22/63 & UTD (Not the crappy Publisher ones)?
    I didn't care at all for FAB8 either. I thought Duma Key was outstanding and is definitely in need of special attention. I can't speak for 11/22/63 yet as I haven't read it but I enjoyed the show and looks like something I'd really enjoy. UTD was just meh for me. And how about Needful Things? Another worthy book for a S/L IMO.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    The Fireman is pretty good so far. Only 60 pages in but I'm not skipping/skimming anything.
    I think this is our first positive outlook on the boards so far for this book. It's next on my list after finishing EOW and TBOBD. Will be my first Joe Hill read outside of the 1st issue of Tales From the Darkside.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree Brian. Duma Key and Needful Things would be my preference for the S/L treatment, along with Misery... Top 3.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I agree Brian. Duma Key and Needful Things would be my preference for the S/L treatment, along with Misery... Top 3.
    Oh yea, Misery! Can't believe I forgot about that one! One of my all time favs. I wouldn't be able to afford a S/L of these books but could settle for an AE if one is ever offered. King isn't getting any younger though so time is of the essence if these (and others) are to get done. Otherwise, I fear we'd just end up with a facsimile sig

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think this is our first positive outlook on the boards so far for this book. It's next on my list after finishing EOW and TBOBD. Will be my first Joe Hill read outside of the 1st issue of Tales From the Darkside.
    I really liked the Fireman. Maybe not his best (my favorites are Heart Shaped Box and NOS4A2) but a very entertaining read!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't start with The Fireman though Brian. Go with NOS4A2 or Horns. Two of his best. Just my opinion.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't start with The Fireman though Brian. Go with NOS4A2 or Horns. Two of his best. Just my opinion.
    I'm really surprised I like it so far. The reviews aren't that great. According to them the middle part is when things grind to a halt. Dunno, we'll see.

My favourite Hill novel is H-S B. It's pretty rough but I like its honesty and rawness. 20thCG uber alles, though. And I agree about not starting with The Fireman. Hill's bibliography isn't massive. Start chronologically and work your way through. They're not exactly dense reads.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And how about Needful Things? Another worthy book for a S/L IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Agreed on Needful Things! I'd buy the heck out of that. Misery, too.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

I'm really surprised I like it so far. The reviews aren't that great. According to them the middle part is when things grind to a halt. Dunno, we'll see.

My favourite Hill novel is H-S B. It's pretty rough but I like its honesty and rawness. 20thCG uber alles, though. And I agree about not starting with The Fireman. Hill's bibliography isn't massive. Start chronologically and work your way through. They're not exactly dense reads.
    Alright. Will do, guys, thanks! I'll have to see if my local library has copies as I only have a reading copy for The Fireman.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no idea what S/L means.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It stands for Signed and Limited (numbered) edition of a book.

Country
    Country Flag

I recently finished North American Lake Monsters by Nathan Ballingrud. I really enjoyed it, great modern short stories with a Lovecraftian feel. I continued the modern Lovecraft theme with Laird Barron's first story collection, The Imago Sequence. I'm really enjoying it - Barron has a wonderful ability to slowly reveal the evil just beneath the mundane and suburban, reminds me of David Lynch movies. Although I've found some of Barron's story endings are a little dissatisfying.

2016 Reading List
    Read so far:
    Carrie (3rd reading - I'm going through SK in chronological order)
    The Southern Reach Trilogy - VanderMeer
    Transformer: Complete Lou Reed Story - Bockis
    Iron Man - Iommi
    Killer Next Door - Marwood
    Illustrated Man - Bradbury
    Revival - King
    Bazaar of Bad Dreams - King
    Glimpses - Hautala
    North American Lake Monsters - Ballingrud

The Image Sequence - Barron (Currently reading)

Planned to read this year
    Bill Hodges Trilogy - King (yes, I haven't read any of them yet)
    The Passage Trilogy - Cronin
    The Beautiful Thing That Awaits Us All - Barron
    Last Days - Evenson

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I struggle when people abbreviate the titles of the books their talking about. As soon as I find out what TBODB is, I'll know that's what Brian is reading next. I'm sure it's supposed to be obvious, but I'm not good at deciphering things like that.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I struggle when people abbreviate the titles of the books their talking about. As soon as I find out what TBODB is, I'll know that's what Brian is reading next. I'm sure it's supposed to be obvious, but I'm not good at deciphering things like that.
    LOL. The Bazaar of Bad Dreams.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if NOS4A2 is the title or the abbreviation.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I don't know if NOS4A2 is the title or the abbreviation.
    I think it might be both man.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 600 of 714 FirstFirst ... 100 500 550 590 598 599 600 601 602 610 650 700 ... LastLast