Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 592 of 714 FirstFirst ... 92 492 542 582 590 591 592 593 594 602 642 692 ... LastLast
Results 14,776 to 14,800 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I'll be starting this tonight:

John
    So JELOUS man!!! Congrats!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've just finished "let me off at the top" by Ron Burgundy
    Just started DK VII (again) I'm also trading the constitution of Ireland!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    I'm also trading the constitution of Ireland!
    What are you seeking in return?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know! To read gives you knowledge, to trade gives you a bloody headache..

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i'm sorry but that's a terrible cover

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default What are you currently reading?

I just started snow crash. Looks Like I'll Need to get into it more - bit confusing in the beginning

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just started on The Fall, second book of The Strain trilogy. The first book really sucked me in (pun intended).

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Gene Wolfe - Free Live Free

And still working my way through Ilium. I am enjoying it, but because it's such a dense book I haven't been able to give it full attention. Been busy working (at least) 65-hour work weeks and when I'm not working, I'm pounding the pavement and getting ready for race season.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Abominable by Simmons... Loving this one!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I loved this book. Very technical, but enjoyable also.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

One of my favorite Simmons!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah loving it so far boys! Much better than Illium
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i have FINALLY finished "The Bone Collector' and for those who haven't read that sucker yet if you are like me and love a great mystery check it out. though looking up the book on wikipedia it gave away who the killer is as the version i read wasn't store bought at all but i downloaded it. and reading up the synopis even though i have the film on dvd. that didn't bother me at all, but what did surprise me was a twist that was put it the last chapter. it's not in the film either, it was a fantastic book and i plan on watching the film again soon. one thing that wasn't in the film was a character named Fred Dellray an FBI agent and he was pretty useless character that i can see why he wasn't in the film version of the book.
    either way it's not one of those things where it pisses me off on what was changed for the film it was just small minor things. one thing that should have been in the book was the reason why he went started killing and i can't remember if that's in the film or not so i may be wrong. but it was small things they left out, for example

there's a theme throughout the book where he wants to kill himself and he at the end has Amelia going to help it do it too. but than is stopped at the last second before anything serious happens. i'm not saying what for those who haven't read it. that them was dropped from the film. plus in the book he's a white dude. unlike in the DT film where i think it's fucking stupid as fuck they cast a black actor, and it's not anything i have against the actor at all it's just that well it kinda hurts the theme of the DT books in Drawing of the three where Odetta hates white people and has to accept being around them in Roland's world. that's all i'm saying about that subject because there are plenty threads about it on here already. my point is

it's not a big deal casting a black man for a character that is white when the bone collector is white in the book. i dunno if any of that came out right but you get my point i'm sure

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Excellent! I have it sitting at home waiting to be read.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

another one i downloaded as i have never seen this book for sale in stores well any stores i've ever been at, not that i've looked for it either to be fair. and that's The Thin Man which also came out the same year as the film in (1934) and i love and adore the film to death and i am really starting to love the book it took me sometime to get used to the writing as it's done differently than i'm used to. i've loved the film since i first saw it years ago when i was in i think my early 20's. or late teens something like that and i've always wanted to read the book but i never got around to actually look for it so i can read it and i'm so far on Chapter 8. they are nice & short which i just love to death when books have short chapters.

it' s odd reading Nick swearing and Nora calling a woman a bastard since the film is so clean since it was (1934) and i think it was made after the Hayes Code came into being. has anyone read it? i have no idea how to spell the guy's name but if you know the book and the film series you know who wrote it.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default MUST READ

Hey guys. Just finished a book called BROKEN MONSTERS by Lauren Beukes .

This is a must read!

-G
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just started The Martian by Andy Wier this morning. Really liking it so far.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I really enjoyed it. It's like MacGyver on Mars.

I was given the movie as a birthday present. I haven't watched it yet. Perhaps tonight.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

I was given the movie as a birthday present. I haven't watched it yet. Perhaps tonight.
    Movie is GREAT Brian... enjoy
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Movie is GREAT Brian... enjoy
    So I finished the book yesterday so I watched the movie last night. I will say that I REALLY liked the character of Mark in the book being so sarcastic all the time so the movie was a little off for me. I did enjoy both a lot though.

Now reading Carrie.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the movie. It was good. I, as usual, preferred the book.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I think a combination of the two was good. I love all the science and technical aspects of the book, which understandably they left out of the movie, so it was nice to have that in my head while I was watching the film. I do wish they had included it a bit more because everything just seemed too simple and easy in the film.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I think a combination of the two was good. I love all the science and technical aspects of the book, which understandably they left out of the movie, so it was nice to have that in my head while I was watching the film. I do wish they had included it a bit more because everything just seemed too simple and easy in the film.
    Exactly. In the book we were able to go along with Watney as he constantly managed to innovate and survive. Watching the movie I never felt the same sense of peril that the book imparted.

A lot of things that happened in the movie would be a mystery to me if I had not already read the book.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Now the you mentioned the technical aspects of The Martian, it just goes to show how a technical subject matter can be successfully adapted for a general audience, unlike The Big Short.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finally settling in to read The Fireman.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 592 of 714 FirstFirst ... 92 492 542 582 590 591 592 593 594 602 642 692 ... LastLast