Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 578 of 714 FirstFirst ... 78 478 528 568 576 577 578 579 580 588 628 678 ... LastLast
Results 14,426 to 14,450 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I actually ended up starting The Regulators. I decided on something shorter than HIA for now. I've already read Desperation (didn't much like it.) Anyway, I'm not very far into it yet but so far I'm actually enjoying it. See how it goes.
    Loved The Regulators, did not care for Desperation - except for the first 75 pages or so.

sk
    For me it was the first 200 or so. It went downhill from there.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Insomnia is one of King's best.
    LOVED IT... totally agree....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Such different opinions. I may read Insomnia next then. I'm 100 pages into Regulators and still enjoying it.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Continuing my Dan Simmons' mini-marathon, finished Children of the Night and starting in on LoveDeath...
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Such different opinions. I may read Insomnia next then. I'm 100 pages into Regulators and still enjoying it.
    I can remember reading the end of Insomnia... and when the ending happens "I don't know how much you know"... I was so taken aback and blown away. I jumped out of my seat and yelled out. GF at the time was like "WTF??? It is just a book! What happened to make you jump like that!???". hahahaha I will never forget it...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished Brian Staveley's Emperor's Blades and it was the bomb diggety.

Also, I have picked up some Dan Simmons and Robert McCammon due to the constant mentioning of them in these threads.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    What is it about The Dark Half that's preventing you guys to keep reading?
    It sucked lol.

No it didn't!! I know Mike (path) too thought it was God-awful, but I could never understand why.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Loved The Regulators, did not care for Desperation - except for the first 75 pages or so.
    I have been away for so long that I can't remember if we had among us those who loved (or hated) both books equally. (I am in the camp that loves Desperation and hates The Regulators )

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    (I am in the camp that loves Desperation and hates The Regulators )
    My name is Dave and I approve this message.

+1

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    (I am in the camp that loves Desperation and hates The Regulators )
    My name is Dave and I approve this message.

+1

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Whatever you do don't read Insomnia, the book was awful.
    I really enjoyed Cell, The Regulators, Dreamcatcher, and The Tommyknockers. Haven't read Hearts in Atlantis yet so can't comment on that one.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default What are you currently reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I really enjoyed Cell, The Regulators, Dreamcatcher, and The Tommyknockers. Haven't read Hearts in Atlantis yet so can't comment on that one.
    Gonna have to read it anyway. I'm on a quest to read every published King book. I'm 45 in.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh, I also finished Finders Keepers. Pretty much put it on par with Mr. Mercedes, which I thought was just kind of blah. Doubt I'll read the last one when it comes out.

Gonna have to read it anyway. I'm on a quest to real every published King book. I'm 45 in.
    Just don't say I didn't warn you

And I hear you, I have plans to read all of his books as well. I've got quite a few to go. And King is the only author that I've suffered through reading a book I hated just to be able finish it. I usually quit early on.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default What are you currently reading?

Thanks for the warning! Yeah, I've suffered through a few too. FAB8 comes to mind. But I'm reading them all regardless. There's enough there that are so good though.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Normally, even a "bad" King book has good characters. I mean, The Tommyknockers was awful from a story and plot perspective. But I actually did like and care about the characters of Bobbie and Gard. Too bad they could not have been in a better story. The Talisman is another. I though the characters were sympathetic (who cold not like Jack and Wolf?) and the story concept was compelling; it just was not executed in any sort of interesting way (I blame Straub). It was such a chore to get through that book. Even Insomnia had one fairly well-written character in amongst the stupidity that was the story. Every once in a while the opposite happens Gerald's Game actually had an interesting concept but I found myself not caring for the woman at all. This probably should have been a short story, or a short novella at the most. There's only so much you can do with a woman trapped to a bed for 300 pages or whatever it was. But The Regulators had no interesting characters, no interesting story, no plot to speak of that made any sense; nothing at all to recommend.

The reason King is so good is that at least 90% of the time, he nails every aspect of a story. Plot, character, atmosphere--you name it. That's why the misses and disappointments are so glaring.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Good points. The Talisman for me was also a struggle to get through. As I'm reading The Regulators, it's slowing down now and finding it harder to get through the pages. Gerald's Game I really enjoyed. One of my favorites. Another one that I struggled with was TGWLTG. At least it was short. I also felt a disconnection with the character in that one.

I got maybe 100 pages into The Talisman before I put it down.

Country
    Country Flag

I got maybe 100 pages into The Talisman before I put it down.
    I understand totally.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    What is it about The Dark Half that's preventing you guys to keep reading?
    It sucked lol.

No it didn't!! I know Mike (path) too thought it was God-awful, but I could never understand why.
    It's the only King book I'll say that about.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't understand the Talisman hate.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Reading Obsession by Ramsey Campbell

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I can't understand the Talisman hate.
    For me it rapidly went downhill from the middle on

And... once a moderator, always a moderator... even half-blind and half-witted as I am at the moment, bears ROFLed when they saw those latest posts... we have a whole site, with all kinds of threads dedicated to King and King only... but we all get crowded in one of the few threads that are not supposed to be primarily King's and discuss all we could discuss in the roomy, cozy, appropriate, specially designated places

P.S. Love Buick. Adore TGWLTG.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Reading Obsession by Ramsey Campbell
    Great choice.

I'm giving up on Laird Barron - X's for Eyes. I've read 60 pages and have only 40 left but I just don't care anymore. I'm going to start new Koontz and new Grant Morrison (Multiversity).

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazing book about (still) the best movie ever, science-fiction or otherwise!

sk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 578 of 714 FirstFirst ... 78 478 528 568 576 577 578 579 580 588 628 678 ... LastLast