Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 572 of 714 FirstFirst ... 72 472 522 562 570 571 572 573 574 582 622 672 ... LastLast
Results 14,276 to 14,300 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I hate to admit it, but I'm having kind of a hard time really getting into The Martian.
    Are you past the part with the potatoes? It gets better once NASA comes into the story.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Reading The Terror by Simmons. After seeing all the praise about it here I figured that I must read it.
    Excellent!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Lonesome Dove.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I hate to admit it, but I'm having kind of a hard time really getting into The Martian.
    Are you past the part with the potatoes? It gets better once NASA comes into the story.
    Yeah, I've gotten past the potato part, but I'm still finding it hard to sink into the story. I think I'll put it aside and get back to it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    Lonesome Dove.
    I wish I could read Lonesome Dove, but I'm too familiar with the movie. I bet it's an amazing book. Is this a re-read, Befernee?

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Yeah, I've gotten past the potato part, but I'm still finding it hard to sink into the story. I think I'll put it aside and get back to it at some point.

Lonesome Dove.
    I wish I could read Lonesome Dove, but I'm too familiar with the movie. I bet it's an amazing book. Is this a re-read, Befernee?
    I've never read it or seen the movie.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Lonesome Dove.
    I know the movie was awesome, so I'm betting you're in for a real treat with the book.

Currently reading Road to the Stars [autobiography] by Yuri Gagarin. I have to admit that, since reading a book about the cosmonaut recently, I have become somewhat obsessed with his story. It's all so fascinating and I have sought out anything and everything I can find to learn more about his life.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Listened to The Halloween Tree today while driving for work. Currently reading The Association by Bentley Little.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm waiting to get audiobook of The Halloween Tree in from the library. I'm next in line so hopefully I'll get to listen to it before Halloween. And I'm currently reading The Halloween Man by Douglas Clegg. It finally seems to be picking up speed, almost put it down. Has anyone read any of his books before? This is my first of his.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished The Hollow Man by Dan Simmons. Very thought-provoking and deep, I liked it. Started on The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith.
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The Hollow Man is a great and moving book. One of my favorite Simmons books!

My wife and I just came back from The Martian - a great movie that I liked as much as I liked the book.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Badadook View Post
    I'm waiting to get audiobook of The Halloween Tree in from the library. I'm next in line so hopefully I'll get to listen to it before Halloween. And I'm currently reading The Halloween Man by Douglas Clegg. It finally seems to be picking up speed, almost put it down. Has anyone read any of his books before? This is my first of his.
    Cemetery Dance recently published The Cannibal Sisters novella. It's also a slow burn but the story is great.

Finished The Metamorphosis - Franz Kafka. I've read this story a thousand times and I'll read it a thousand more. Started Four Octobers by Rick Hautala. I always save story notes and such for last. I was getting a very strong old school Bradbury vibe from the first novella and what do you know, Hautala thanked him in the foreword. I patted myself on the shoulder for calling it.

I'm still reading Ghost Story by Peter Straub and savouring it. A chapter a day is the motto for this one.

I started the audio for The Wind... by King. He's a terrible narrator but there's just something special about hearing a writer read his own stories. I suppose it's because that's as close I can get to hearing what they sound like in his head.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Badadook View Post
    Cemetery Dance recently published The Cannibal Sisters novella. It's also a slow burn but the story is great.

Finished The Metamorphosis - Franz Kafka. I've read this story a thousand times and I'll read it a thousand more. Started Four Octobers by Rick Hautala. I always save story notes and such for last. I was getting a very strong old school Bradbury vibe from the first novella and what do you know, Hautala thanked him in the foreword. I patted myself on the shoulder for calling it.

I'm still reading Ghost Story by Peter Straub and savouring it. A chapter a day is the motto for this one.

I started the audio for The Wind... by King. He's a terrible narrator but there's just something special about hearing a writer read his own stories. I suppose it's because that's as close I can get to hearing what they sound like in his head.
    I had Skelton Crew on audiobook read by him. I loved his reading of The Monkey.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished The Terror. I feel like I need to take a hot shower for an hour or run screaming into the open arms of the rising sun.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Lol. That good, huh? ^

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Lol. That good, huh? ^
    Those were the first thoughts that came to mind right after I finished it. Yes, great book. I can't say I "LOVED" it for some reason. I really liked it. It was just an intense book to get through, and I did feel at times that parts of it was slow going for me. What a bleak and gruesome book. Incredibly well written.

Spoiler:
    My absolute favorite character in the book was Lady Silence. I was so impressed with how Simmons wrote this character, and I realized that you don't necessarily need pages and pages of character development. What was amazing to me was how he built this incredible character without her saying a single word, and her appearance in the book was minimal compared to the other characters. For me the surprise romance toward the end was great. I had been hoping for something like that all through the book, but I thought it would be with that other character (can't think of his name right now).

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Doing a relisten of The Abominable by Dan Simmons. It has kind of the same spirit as The Terror. Quite a bit of technical information about mountain climbing. I really enjoyed this the first time through.

I've been dying to read that one. Also The Terror is easily I'm my top 5 books of all-time. Loved it.

My Mood
    Angelic

Found my Kindle so I am now reading The Need, the author's name escapes me but I believe it's a Canadian or something

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Found my Kindle so I am now reading The Need, the author's name escapes me but I believe it's a Canadian or something
    I don't blame you. With our bobbing heads and beady eyes, we all look alike.

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I finished Rick Hautala's Four October's, and Bradbury's The Halloween Tree.

I'm reading Thomas Ligotti's Songs of a Dead Dreamer. That title and Grimscribe are both collected in one edition and published as a Penguin Classic. I've read onle Jeff Vandermeer's foreword and the first story called The Frolic. I'd go hug my daughter really tight if I weren't at work. Very unsettling stuff. Highly recommended.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading Thomas Ligotti's Songs of a Dead Dreamer. That title and Grimscribe are both collected in one edition and published as a Penguin Classic. I've read onle Jeff Vandermeer's foreword and the first story called The Frolic. I'd go hug my daughter really tight if I weren't at work. Very unsettling stuff. Highly recommended.
    How was Four Octobers? I generally like everything from Hautala.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Brother by Ania Ahlborn - very disturbing!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post

How was Four Octobers? I generally like everything from Hautala.
    In a word: perfect.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Lonesome Dove.
    I loved that book when I read it just a few years for the first time. What did you think?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 572 of 714 FirstFirst ... 72 472 522 562 570 571 572 573 574 582 622 672 ... LastLast