Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 557 of 714 FirstFirst ... 57 457 507 547 555 556 557 558 559 567 607 657 ... LastLast
Results 13,901 to 13,925 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished Finders Keepers.
    Now I'm reading The Border by Robert McCammon.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've started a reread of To Kill a Mockingbird, getting ready for the release of To Set a Watchman.

John

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been wondering if I should maybe re-read Mockingbird before Watchman comes out.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Now I'm reading The Border by Robert McCammon.
    Unfortunately, my least-favorite McCammon in many, many years.

sk

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

2/3 done The Scarlet Gospels. It maybe not as stylish as Books of Blood, but I don't understand the underwhelming reviews. It's a solid read. Barker has made it very clear how much he loathes the name Pinhead. 3.5 stars on US Amazon, 5 on Canadian. Weird.

Gave up on Kazuo Ishiguro's The Buried Giant 1/2 in. What a let down after Never Let Me Go. I liked the melancholy style but the story just didn't do it for me.

Thinking about giving up on Ready Player One by Ernest Kline. The premise seemed like the book was written for me. I'm 1/4 deep and I can't find a reason to pick it up again. Each time the nerds start one upping each other with inconsequential and mundane details about some irrelevant game, I start losing interest. The issue could be that I'm listening to it and Wil Wheaton is trying so damn hard to sound hip and enthusiastic about every word in the book. Just read the damn story, OK? I'll probably power through it. I listen to it when I'm running so depending on the weather, I should finish it within a week.

Gene O'Neill's newest novella At The Lazy K is really, really good. He also sent me The Hitchhiking Effect (a retrospective collection) and an anthology The Library of the Dead. He feels these "have Stoker legs."

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished The Memory Tree by John R. Little. I thought it was really good and had a hard time putting it down. It was told in the style of a narrator writing down his story, and at times it was easy to forget the narrator was a fictional person. It was sad and dark at times, but had an uplifting ending. Quick read and I highly recommend it. Just started reading Salem's Lot, for the first time. (ducks) I read Night Shift recently and Jerusalem's Lot is fresh on my mind, so I figured it was a good time to finally read it.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    The Lord of the Rings.
    Your first time?

I'm reading The Martiian-Andy Weir as a beak between GoT novels. It is really good. Heavy on the science, which seems fairly solid.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Couple hundred pages into Finders Keepers. I'm enjoying it but haven't found enough time to power through it. Catcher in the Rye is on deck.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Just finished The Memory Tree by John R. Little. I thought it was really good and had a hard time putting it down. It was told in the style of a narrator writing down his story, and at times it was easy to forget the narrator was a fictional person. It was sad and dark at times, but had an uplifting ending. Quick read and I highly recommend it.
    His short stories are even better. Cemetery Dance published a ton of his e-books. If you're looking for hard copies, Bad Moon Books did his latest collection called Little by Little.

I started Count Zero by William Gibson. Exactly what I needed.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I started Dan Simmons' Ilium. No verdict yet but it's certainly interesting...

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    The Lord of the Rings.
    Your first time?
    Yes. First time reading it. It's one of those books that I have been meaning to read for 20 years or more. The other day I just said, do it. Now is the time. I must say it's slow going. Not sure if the pace picks up but I'm currently around page 260.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Thinking about giving up on Ready Player One by Ernest Kline. The premise seemed like the book was written for me. I'm 1/4 deep and I can't find a reason to pick it up again. Each time the nerds start one upping each other with inconsequential and mundane details about some irrelevant game, I start losing interest. The issue could be that I'm listening to it and Wil Wheaton is trying so damn hard to sound hip and enthusiastic about every word in the book. Just read the damn story, OK? I'll probably power through it. I listen to it when I'm running so depending on the weather, I should finish it within a week.
    I absolutely loved Ready Player One. Maybe it's the audio like you say. I simply cannot listen to audiobooks. I remember listening to Joyland and I gave up. It was annoying me. Mostly the way the narrator was taking on the different characters accents. Like acting the part. I can't stand that. One exception for me would be the Dolores Claiborne audio. On Joyland I just stopped listening and read the book from the beginning and it was way better. A whole different experience.

You should start over and read the book. It's fantastic. I don't know how old you are, but if you were a kid or teenager in the 80s then you will love it even more. Especially if you played the classic video games. I'm rambling so will stop now.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I finally started Finders Keepers last night. I am hooked.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I was just debating if I should pick Mr. Mercedes back up or read something else?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I must say it's slow going. Not sure if the pace picks up but I'm currently around page 260.
    Spoiler: the pace does not pick up. Even Maturin outruns that book.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I was just debating if I should pick Mr. Mercedes back up or read something else?
    My book should be up for sale on Kindle through Amazon next week hint hint, nudge nudge....BUY BUY BUY BUY
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Are you having a hard time getting through Mr. Mercedes?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    My book should be up for sale on Kindle through Amazon next week hint hint, nudge nudge....BUY BUY BUY BUY
    Are you going to be offering physical copies as well? I just hate reading off a screen.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Since I last posted, finished Summer of Night by Dan Simmons! Read Let's All Kill Constance by Ray Bradbury (finishing up that trilogy), then stormed through Song of Kali by Dan Simmons (what an awesome novel). Then read Little by Little by John R. Little and have started The Influence by Bentley Little (first of his I've read.)
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I will definitely keep an eye out for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Are you having a hard time getting through Mr. Mercedes?
    Yeah, I'm on page 131, but it was just blah. Then I got a book in from the library so I read that, and now I can't make myself go back to Mr. Mercedes. So I decided to finally start Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Plowed through a bunch of books with my high schoolers at the end the year - they do book clubs, which means I gotta read them all! Luckily, I was rereading some of them.

Juniors: Cat's Cradle (this is the book that turned me on to reading when I was a junior in high school - the kids loved it); One Second After (a superb look at society breaking down); Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (super Y/A novel that is part X-Men and part Heroes); Off to be the Wizard (not good at all - gotta worry about these self-published books)

Sophomores: Ready Player One (a superb Y/A apocalyptic novel); Snow Crash (I really loved this zany sic-fi ride, as did my students); Miss Peregrine, again (great reaction from this grade as well); Good Omens (this is one of my favorite novels - the apocalypse has never been so funny!)

Now that school is over I have gotten to my own books. I am currently reading Hollow City, the sequel to the Miss Peregrine book - I must say I got hooked in the book clubs. I just finished The Twelve, and I can't wait for the next book to arrive from Cronin, though my guess is that I will be waiting for a while. Next up is King's newest, which seems to be getting some good reviews.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved Song of Kali - so heart wrenching! Summer of Night was tremendous. If you liked it as much as I did you should go find a copy of the Roadkill Press "Banished Dreams," which is a portion of the novel which as edited out of the completed novel due to size restrictions from the publisher - a very cool piece that shares the haunted dreams of some of the boys. You should also go on a read Children of the Night, which is not a sequel, so much as some of the characters make a return visit - great stuff! I can kind of take and leave Bentley Little.

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Since I last posted, finished Summer of Night by Dan Simmons! Read Let's All Kill Constance by Ray Bradbury (finishing up that trilogy), then stormed through Song of Kali by Dan Simmons (what an awesome novel). Then read Little by Little by John R. Little and have started The Influence by Bentley Little (first of his I've read.)

I read one Bentley Little book and it traumatized me so much that I refuse to read any more of his books

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I read one Bentley Little book and it traumatized me so much that I refuse to read any more of his books
    Which book?

John

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Which book?

John
    University

+ Reply to Thread
Page 557 of 714 FirstFirst ... 57 457 507 547 555 556 557 558 559 567 607 657 ... LastLast