Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 549 of 714 FirstFirst ... 49 449 499 539 547 548 549 550 551 559 599 649 ... LastLast
Results 13,701 to 13,725 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

To me, The Regulators is really cool material for a short story but not a full length novel. I did read Desperation first and do like it better than The Regulators. I remember the day they both came out, I bought Desperation and my best friend bought The Regulators and we both started reading our purchases at the same time. A few days later we started discussing them and when we began mentioning character names, you can imagine how blown our minds were! It took me a few more years before I got around to reading The Regulators and was indeed disappointed with it but maybe I was hasty and should give it another go.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I bought Desperation and my best friend bought The Regulators and we both started reading our purchases at the same time. A few days later we started discussing them and when we began mentioning character names, you can imagine how blown our minds were! .
    Yeah, I can imagine that would be pretty confusing for the both of you.
    Heck, I can't lie, as someone who has read both, I was pretty confused going into The Regulators, like "why are all the names the same but the characters and story different?!"

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Desperation is just The Regulators (and vice versa) on a different level of the Tower.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

It makes sense now, but when I first read Desperation/The Regulators, I hadn't read Dark Tower yet. So my brain couldn't even begin to comprehend the magnitude of it.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    So my brain couldn't even begin to comprehend the magnitude of it.
    Mine still can't

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    So my brain couldn't even begin to comprehend the magnitude of it.
    Mine still can't
    Hey, I don't completely comprehend it. It's so much to process even all these years after having read it.

Currently reading this:

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

The Regulators is the Mighty Morphine Power Rangers on an acid trip......a bad acid trip.

In other news, I have moved on to Clash of Kings. This series is badass, can't believe it has taken me so long to get to it.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Tom Piccirilli - Nightjack

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just ordered Wayward Pines from Amazon! Want to finish it before the show airs...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's next on my list, too. Let me know how you like it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

You mean my book is next on the list, right? *nudge nudge wink wink*
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I still have to read The Regulators. Was not a fan of Desperation at all, though. Hoping I'll enjoy The Regulators more.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

Robert McCammon, THE HUNTER FROM THE WOODS.

Read this when it first came out, and this'll be the first re-read. Interested to see if it stands up.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished Hunters Run and moving on to either The Martian by Weir or Bloodstone by Kenyon. Anyone have thoughts on either of these books? Good, bad, etc?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Just ordered Wayward Pines from Amazon! Want to finish it before the show airs...
    Excellent! Hope you enjoy it.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

A lot of people liked The Martian but I thought it was bunk. I really hoped the protagonist would just die already. So frigging obnoxious.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL. That is a big thumbs down for The Martian. Thanks BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    A lot of people liked The Martian but I thought it was bunk. I really hoped the protagonist would just die already. So frigging obnoxious.

Just finished reading The Scarlet Gospels by Clive Barker

Country
    Country Flag

Laird Barron - The Light is the Darkness. This man can write. If you're looking for a book that gets even better the second time around, Barron is your man.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I read the book and agree with you. The other issue I had is that almost all of the actors had the same "voice".

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jeff VanderMeer: THE SOUTHERN REACH... I am on the second book... and IT IS BRUTAL. I find it so hard to get through where as the first one was amazing! Is the third any better for anyone out there that read it?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished The Talisman (1st full read of it!) and loved it! Started Deeply Odd by Dean Koontz.
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Traveler smargavio will become famous soon enough smargavio's Avatar

What Dreams May Come by Richard Matheson right now. Just finished reading The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro and rereading The Drawing of the Three.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is not good...I was thinking of picking these up. I've been reading a series called Apocalypse Weird but thought about jumping off of that soon. The A.W. series feels like they are just stringing me along so I will buy another book.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Jeff VanderMeer: THE SOUTHERN REACH... I am on the second book... and IT IS BRUTAL. I find it so hard to get through where as the first one was amazing! Is the third any better for anyone out there that read it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 549 of 714 FirstFirst ... 49 449 499 539 547 548 549 550 551 559 599 649 ... LastLast