Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 502 of 714 FirstFirst ... 2 402 452 492 500 501 502 503 504 512 552 602 ... LastLast
Results 12,526 to 12,550 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post
    Finishign Lisey's Story,....going to start THE SHINING....then let me see some easy reads by Brad Thor... At some point I need to read the uncut version of the Stand.
    -G
    I used to go to all of Thor's book signings but have yet to read one. Want a signed Black List or Full Black?
    Re-Reading The Shining getting ready for Dr Sleep...
    reality continues to ruin my life

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bears and Dive: I've spoken too soon, more than once, on this story. Into January, I believe it is a great one, I like it better than Rage. It's much more textured, and I think it's almost as funny (in a dark way).

Spoiler:
    That mescaline trip was nuts. When she first gave it to him I thought he was going to just pop it at home, until he agreed to go to the party. There's been some more timeless dialogue. And for some reason the old man who drove him home reminded me of the old man in The Great Gatsby.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad you gave it a chance and are enjoying it. I look forward to your thoughts once you've finished it. There might be a thread somewhere dedicated to discussion of Roadwork; I know I've written a few thoughts about why the story affected me so much.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

what dive said, except there's no Roadwork thread. I think you posted during the CRA events.

ETA: there is now:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...dwork&p=795778

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

and this was one of the first ever OAV's i bought

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I won't sound like much of a King fan, but I have finally gotten around to reading Joyland. About halfway done, and I am loving it. It's a very nostalgic piece so far.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I won't sound like much of a King fan, but I have finally gotten around to reading Joyland. About halfway done, and I am loving it. It's a very nostalgic piece so far.
    No worries on when you read it, we all have busy schedules and lives. Also, sometimes the mood just isn't right yet. Glad you like it, it's one of his better novels. I VERY much enjoyed it and plan a reread before the end of the year.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

One of the best series of 2012. Gotta get my hands on Vol. 2
    I have the second one at home, I'll likely get around to reading it over the weekend. Love it so far.

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, just finished JOYLAND in four days - good for me. I loved it. One of King's best. I have always felt King works best in a shorter medium. I must confess that I am a sucker for coming-of-age stories. This is right up there with McCammon's Boys Life, Simmons's Summer of Night, King's own The Body, and dare I say, portions of King's IT. All the nostalgia brings memories of all my "firsts" in life. Makes me want to embrace my inner "Greenie" again! Bravo, Mr. King!

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

this battle's always interested me and it's also used as the basis of one of the tales that I'm writing

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

999 anthology

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

And now this one:
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I am in that weird non-space between books, and remain unconvinced and uncommitted. What am I currently not reading? Everything. Except a couple comic books.

Stebbins, I heartily approve of your Bachman kick.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

This has always been one of my all-time favourite books, but I keep forgetting just how brilliant it is. In some ways, I prefer it to Lord of the Rings, and that's partially to do with how the story is told - the narration is absolutely hysterical to read sometimes.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

are you ever going to nominate???

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...!!!!!&p=796850

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Your wish is my command! (Especially since I finally noticed that thread! )
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Annnnnd now this:
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post

This has always been one of my all-time favourite books, but I keep forgetting just how brilliant it is. In some ways, I prefer it to Lord of the Rings, and that's partially to do with how the story is told - the narration is absolutely hysterical to read sometimes.

Ahhh, Then you may appreciate this...

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful. But I still enjoy my awesome deluxe editions of Tolkien books. Exceptionally done.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Last pages of Pride and Prejudice then onto A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

love the former, was bored to death by the latter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 502 of 714 FirstFirst ... 2 402 452 492 500 501 502 503 504 512 552 602 ... LastLast