Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 501 of 714 FirstFirst ... 401 451 491 499 500 501 502 503 511 551 601 ... LastLast
Results 12,501 to 12,525 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I finished Summer of Night and The Terror (both Dan Simmons) and I am currently reading American Gods (Neil Gaiman). I recently found out that we have at least sixty books on our shelves that I still need to read...

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

After finishing the classic series, had to start this:

Started a couple of days ago, already close to finishing. Even at just over 200 pages long, that's a fast pace by my standards. Think I'll try and squeeze the first 4 books in the next 2 weeks or so.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the Babylon 5 novels

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ooh, never watched Babylon 5, not properly, anyway. Is it as good as they say? How are the novels, by the way?

- Melike

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

they're set during the series and most aren't considered cannon

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ah, kinda like the New Adventures, then, canonicity wise. I'll be honest though, in that case, curiosity has got the better of me, and they did keep the story going for a lot of fans while the show was off the air in the 90s.

- Melike

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finally got around to reading "It". Just under 200 pages in and quite enjoying it thus far.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Darwin's Blade by Dan Simmons and listening to Psycho II by Robert Bloch

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

This:

There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Finishign Lisey's Story,....going to start THE SHINING....then let me see some easy reads by Brad Thor... At some point I need to read the uncut version of the Stand.

-G
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I really, really miss the trippy S.F. covers. They were original and looked so freaking cool. I bought a truckload (OK, more like six) paperbacks from Ace just based on artwork. Computers were still primitive and not everyone had access to them so artists had to draw. Imagine that! Drawing instead of photoshopping stuff? Crazy!

Anyways... I'm at exactly half-way mark of The Crook Factory and it's getting even better. The excruciating details Simmons gets into (not just what they eat, not just the seasonings they use but the order in which it was cooked) still bugs me (P.S. they eat a lot) and I can't for the life of me find the purpose to them, but the book is still great and I suggest it to everyone looking for a well-written story. It's historical fiction and you'll be thinking about what parts he made up and what parts are facts he dug up while researching.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post
    Only a few pages in, but so far not so good; I don't like the Fred/George/Random Name thing.
    <...> It's a heartbreakingly touching book; one of my all-time favorites<...>
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    hear, hear!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's one I'm really looking forward to, Bev! I hope you enjoy it

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post
    Only a few pages in, but so far not so good; I don't like the Fred/George/Random Name thing.
    Hopefully when you've read more than a few pages you'll see there's nothing random about the "Fred/George" thing. It's a heartbreakingly touching book; one of my all-time favorites. Most don't seem to like or appreciate it, alas.
    I see it now. I'm in mid-December, and the story has grown on me, but I'm not sure I'd put it up there with the greats, at least not yet. One of the things the twenty-one year old hitchhiker said-- about how she stopped pretending her life didn't start yet, that it was already a quarter over with-- really rang true to me. I also like the bare-bones prose style of Bachman.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

And now this:

This Ex-Heroes series is turning out to be pretty good. Super Heroes and Zombies, but in a much different type of story than something like Marvel Zombies. It is definitely worth checking out if you are a fan of either genres.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I actually saw the first book in a shop yesterday and thought it looked really interesting. Once I'm done reading the first 4 NAs, I may check it out, sounds like a nice, easy read.

- Melike

Yeah, it is a nice light read, but very entertaining, imo.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    And now this:

This Ex-Heroes series is turning out to be pretty good. Super Heroes and Zombies, but in a much different type of story than something like Marvel Zombies. It is definitely worth checking out if you are a fan of either genres.
    Woah, what is this beauty. Graphic novel?

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post

One of the best series of 2012. Gotta get my hands on Vol. 2

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    And now this:

Woah, what is this beauty. Graphic novel?

Nope. They are actual novels, not comics. There are three of them out now(Ex-heroes, Ex-Patriots and Ex-Communication) and a fourth one called Ex-Purgatory on the way in January. I think you would enjoy them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 501 of 714 FirstFirst ... 401 451 491 499 500 501 502 503 511 551 601 ... LastLast