Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 713 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 505 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The_Nameless View Post
    Bone by Jeff Smith
    Moby Dick by Herman Melville
    The Unknown Soldier by Various Writers

And contemplating on starting Floating Dragon by Peter Straub
    You should. It's an excellent story.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

FP, what are the compass books about?
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    FP, what are the compass books about?
    Well, according to GameInformer™: "The Golden Compass follows the story of a young girl named Lyra Belacqua who lives in an alternate version of our world. In this place, all humans have a constant animal companion called a daemon that is essentially part of their being. Lyra's adventure begins when she sets off with a group called the Gyptians to rescue her friend Rodger and the many other children who have been kidnapped by the mysterious Gobblers.She eventually obtains an alethliometer (a.k.a the golden compass),which will answer any question you ask it by pointing to a series of coded symbols.Lyra is one of only a few people in the world who can actually decipher these codes."

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished reading CELL. Wow. That turned out to be a much better book than I expected it to be. I thought the ending was superb. (Take that, OchrisO .)

Currently I'm continuing with a re-read of ON THE ROAD by Jack Kerouac. At some point, I'll start in on ANANSI BOYS by Neil Gaiman.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

I also loved the ending to Cell.

at first I was a little surprised
    but, after going over the details
    i got the answers i was looking for
    in King's words.
    it was great.

currently reading:
    I'm re-reading Hearts in Atlantis
    but almost finished with that
    I think i'm going to download Lisey's story
    to my Ipod tonight actually.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I hated the 'ending' to Cell.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tamez View Post
    I also loved the ending to Cell.

at first I was a little surprised
    but, after going over the details
    i got the answers i was looking for
    in King's words.
    it was great.

currently reading:
    I'm re-reading Hearts in Atlantis
    but almost finished with that
    I think i'm going to download Lisey's story
    to my Ipod tonight actually.
    Tamez, you must PM me these answers of which you spreak. Please.

HIA is one of my favorite King books.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Your taste in Kerouac is superb, however, your taste in Stephen King endings is lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I finished reading CELL. Wow. That turned out to be a much better book than I expected it to be. I thought the ending was superb. (Take that, OchrisO .)

Currently I'm continuing with a re-read of ON THE ROAD by Jack Kerouac. At some point, I'll start in on ANANSI BOYS by Neil Gaiman.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Cell had an ending? :O

i don't remember one.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Numenorean ManOfWesternesse is on a distinguished road ManOfWesternesse's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

^^ I also loved the Cell ending - great Book overall. (one of those I'll re-read many a time).

Still on my current LotR re-read.
    Bought Cormac McCarthy's 'The Road' at the weekend so that'll be next.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm currently reading:

The Eyes Of The Dragon (again)
    W&G (again)
    Shivers IV
    We're All In This Together
    Mid Life Confidential
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I started listening to the last half of A Clash of Kings on audio book between reading the Dresden stuff.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

wizard and glass (cheating-audiobook)

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

The Count of Monte Cristo
    The World is Flat (I've been muddling through this bastard since December)
    The Audacity of Hope (i'm still muddling through this one as well)
    rereading Choke
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    Breezy

[QUOTE=Hannah;5107]The Count of Monte Cristo
    Shit, i forgot this one on my favorite's threads.

The Count of Monte Cristo and The Four Feathers are also 2 of my favorites. I just finished a reread of it myself a couple weeks ago. Maybe another couple months and I'll do it again.

Currently rereading Atlas Shrugged, also one of my favorites.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

This is my first time reading it, but I'm surprised by how quickly I am getting sucked into the story. I didn't expect it to be so readable.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Started a continuation of The Ice Limit by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child.
    In Digitized Remorse

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

King's books are always about the journey, not the destination.

Spoiler:
    That's why I was fine with the ending of the DT series as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Your taste in Kerouac is superb, however, your taste in Stephen King endings is lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I am reading 'Memoirs of a Geisha'.
    I didn't want to start to read it but I looked into it I read one page and I couldn't put it down, anymore.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I am reading 'Memoirs of a Geisha'.
    I didn't want to start to read it but I looked into it I read one page and I couldn't put it down, anymore.
    I loved that book!

My Mood
    Breezy

It's a book?

Gunslinger Apprentice sai delgado is on a distinguished road sai delgado's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

a midsummer nights dream by shakespeare, haven't read it for years and it still makes me laugh
    'He bowed low, right down to the ground, in front of the man sitting there motionless, whose smile reminded him of everything that he had ever loved in his life, of everything that had ever been of value and holy in his life.' Herman Hesse

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Neil Geiman pays homage to that story in his Sandman comics.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm horrible, I'm currently not reading anything. I am listening to Wizard and Glass.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I'm horrible, I'm currently not reading anything. I am listening to Wizard and Glass.
    *is envious*

Roland would have understood.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 713 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 505 ... LastLast