Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 713 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

As it turns out, I have to work on the day that Palahniuk will be here in Kentucky. It makes me want to punch a baby.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gunslinger Apprentice BlakeMP is on a distinguished road BlakeMP's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just got a box with The Road and Heart-Shaped Box from my sweetie.

They go into the reading rotation as soon as I finish the Harry Potter re-read.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    As it turns out, I have to work on the day that Palahniuk will be here in Kentucky. It makes me want to punch a baby.
    You talk way too much about punching babies.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Just started The Bourne Ultimatium. I had read the first two long ago, and just finished re-reading them. Funny thing is I just saw the trailer for the movie. I was like *HUH*? I hadn't seen the first two movies, but I had heard they didn't really resemble the books much. Well, while the trailer for The Bourne Ultimatium looked like it might be a good movie, it sure doesn't resemble the book I'm reading.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Some babies just need a good punching.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    You talk way too much about punching babies.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

When I bought my tickets and book for the Palahniuk tour, I also got Heart-Shaped Box. I'm excited to read it.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

I just started Wizard for Hire. It is a collection of the first three of Jim Butcher's Dresden books, which the show on SciFi The Dresden Files is based on. I am really enjoying his writing style.

Favorite quote so far: "But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face. "

Along the Path of the Beam LadyGan is on a distinguished road LadyGan's Avatar

Lisey's Story

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I recommend Imajica, too. It reminds me a lot of the Dark Tower. Or at least its settings and mythology. I need to read it again soon.

I recently finished up Lisey's Story and the sixth Harry Potter novel. Right now I am reading The Worthing Saga by Orson Scott Card. It's my second time reading it. Card is such a readable little fucker. I'd highly recommend it, especially to anyone who was into Asimov's Foundation series.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

i'm currently reading a bunch of kids books i hadn't rad since I was way younger, like Maniac Mcgee, Red Badge of Courage, Call it Courage, Island of the Blue Dolphins, and Banner in the sky. I also ordered all the Prentice-Hall Literature readers they use from 7-12+ in schools. So I'm working my way thru them. There's ALOT of good shorts and excerpts in those books. I'm also gonna start my reread of The Good Earth and The Living Reed by Pearl Buck here shortly, i really like her. Can't wait for the new Harry Potter as well, and my sister hasn't asked me to buy it from her.

Has anyone here ever read the Tamora Pierce books?
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    Maniac Mcgee
    That was one of my favorites. You're the first person I know of outside of my elementary school who knows of that book.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How about the My Teacher is an Alien series? I loved those books. Hannah even remembers one of them, which gives me the warm fuzzies.

*sigh*

If only my teacher really had been an alien. Things would be so different.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I used to love reading all the Goosebumbs books. Ahh memories.

I loved My Teacher is an Alien too!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I recommend Imajica, too. It reminds me a lot of the Dark Tower. Or at least its settings and mythology. I need to read it again soon.

I recently finished up Lisey's Story and the sixth Harry Potter novel. Right now I am reading The Worthing Saga by Orson Scott Card. It's my second time reading it. Card is such a readable little fucker. I'd highly recommend it, especially to anyone who was into Asimov's Foundation series.
    Imajica is a fantastic book(s).

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm rereading the Harry Potter books for the umpteenth time (I'm currently in the middle of Goblet), Tolkien's Children of Hurin and getting ready for Blaze!

John

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post
    That was one of my favorites. You're the first person I know of outside of my elementary school who knows of that book.
    I'm sure TONS of people know about that book.

and Aaron, i did read the my teacher is an alien books, i just dont think they were that good.

I also read all the goosebumps, and even though they were horribly written, the one about the Dummy freaked me out so much, i had to reread it a million times.

shit, one school year (4th grade) I read the ENTIRE Hardy Boys series. That's a shitload of books. The original set is 66 books i believe, which is as much as the books in the bible. nowadays they've added alot of crap, but I didn't read those. They're not worth it.
    Attached Images
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That dummy one was horrifying.

I also read all the Christopher Pike books when I was a pre-teen. I was preparing myself for Stephen King.

I also loved the Nancy Drew books as a kid and the Bobsey Twins. I also liked the Little House on the Praire books.

I read all of The Hardy Boys books in 7th grade. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    I'm sure TONS of people know about that book.

and Aaron, i did read the my teacher is an alien books, i just dont think they were that good.

I also read all the goosebumps, and even though they were horribly written, the one about the Dummy freaked me out so much, i had to reread it a million times.

shit, one school year (4th grade) I read the ENTIRE Hardy Boys series. That's a shitload of books. The original set is 66 books i believe, which is as much as the books in the bible. nowadays they've added alot of crap, but I didn't read those. They're not worth it.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

I'm sure tons do, but you're the first I've known of. That's all I'm sayin.'

I didn't read Goosebumps much, but yeah, I did read that dummy one. Didn't they turn it into an episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark?, too?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, who remembers the Choose Your Own Adventure books?

I loved those things. I bet I've read them all.

My Mood
    Dead

Those were the best. It was fun going through and deliberately not ending up with the same story every time.

I loved the Choose Your Own adventure books. I think they are directly responsible for me becoming a Dungeons and Dragons nerd. I had an awesome one when I was in 8th grade or so that you actually used dice and such with, but I read it so much that it fell apart.

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    That dummy one was horrifying.

I also read all the Christopher Pike books when I was a pre-teen. I was preparing myself for Stephen King.

I also loved the Nancy Drew books as a kid and the Bobsey Twins. I also liked the Little House on the Praire books.
    i read the little house on the prairie books, they were ok, for girls. Also the Boxcar Children series, another mystery solving kids series (there were a million of those back then, huh? )

I never really liked Pike too much, because I had already read IT the first time I picked up one of his books. The Last Vampire Trilogy was really good though, as well as Monster. For some reason that book i really liked.

I actually read every single Laura Ingles Wilder(The Little House on the Praire stuff) book when I was 12 years old, and I have absoloutely no explanation for it. haha.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yea, The Little House stuff is pretty girly. So were the Babysitter's Club. But I read those too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 713 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast