Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 196 of 714 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 194 195 196 197 198 206 246 296 696 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 17828

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You should give it a chance, my friend.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I値l be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I will.

I'm going to be honest; I love most of the films with Tom Hanks. I've never watched 'Castaway,' because it just seemed so stupid, but other than that I've never had a problem with him as an actor.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I like him too. I skipped Castaway also. I could be wrong, but I was unimpressed with the whole idea of it.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Definitely check it out when you get a chance G. I know you'll enjoy it. It really is one of the better adaptations done of a King story.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    You should see it. It is one of the best King adaptions.
    Agreed. I think it is the best. Stand by Me in close 2nd.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Print - The Road by Cormac McCarthy
    Audio - The Talisman by SK & PS

Country
    Country Flag

I've decided to read LOTR Return of the King this weekend. Im pumped!
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Gunslinger Apprentice bluelph24 is on a distinguished road bluelph24's Avatar

finished the first 3 volumes of Sandman, Tales of Beedle the Bard, and am just starting Brisingr, the third book in that Eragon series. idk, certainly not the best series ever, but fun nonetheless, and despite obvious borrowings from Star Wars and LOTR.

So it goes.

"There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all. "
    - Oscar Wilde

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by William50 View Post
    GM is second after The Shawshank Redemption, I think. Of course freaking Forrest Gump won the Oscar for Best Picture that year. Gump was good, but Shawshank and Pulp Fiction were both definitely better.
    Spoiler:
    It's why I've stopped putting stock into the academy awards.

Spoiler:
    Also, if any of you find my overuse of spoiler tags annoying, let me know. I probably won't stop, but still.

Country
    Country Flag

Dude spoiler tags are cool.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    GM is second after The Shawshank Redemption, I think. Of course freaking Forrest Gump won the Oscar for Best Picture that year. Gump was good, but Shawshank and Pulp Fiction were both definitely better.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Also, if any of you find my overuse of spoiler tags annoying, let me know. I probably won't stop, but still.
    Spoiler:
    I
    Spoiler:
    for
    Spoiler:
    one
    Spoiler:
    do
    Spoiler:
    not
    Spoiler:
    mind
    Spoiler:
    the
    Spoiler:
    spoiler
    Spoiler:
    tags

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    I
    Spoiler:
    for
    Spoiler:
    one
    Spoiler:
    do
    Spoiler:
    not
    Spoiler:
    mind
    Spoiler:
    the
    Spoiler:
    spoiler
    Spoiler:
    tags
    That......was.....AMAZING!!!!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, sir!

If you rescue me

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

and this year's award for best use of spoiler tags goes to:

Spoiler:
    brice beede for his amazing multi-layered message!

Traveler Redsoxtony13 is on a distinguished road Redsoxtony13's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I currently finishing up Duma Key and half way through Cash by Johnny Cash. I just went to the book store today and bought Blaze and Black House. Thinking I will re read the Talisman before I hit BH though.
    To be Irish is to know that in the end the world will break your heart. -- Daniel Patrick Moynihan speaking after the assassination of John F. Kennedy, November 1963

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Redsoxtony13 View Post
    I currently finishing up Duma Key and half way through Cash by Johnny Cash. I just went to the book store today and bought Blaze and Black House. Thinking I will re read the Talisman before I hit BH though.
    an excellent idea.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I was looking through my old Freak Brothers comics the other day and feeling a bit miffed that they were so worn, torn and even lost in some cases...

...well look what I bought at the bookstore today

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In addition to The Road and The Talisman (as I listed on the previous page), I had the urge to pick up The Drawing of the Three last night. I am currently half way through.

Before starting my audio of The Talisman, I listened to Frank Muller's Gunslinger and what can I say....it's time for another reread.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by SigTauGimp View Post
    Just finished Snow Crash, from Neal Stephenson, and I loved it.
    I think this is just the first in a long line of books from him that I'm going to have to read.
    I love Neal Stephenson. Cryptonomicon is my favorite. As long as you can skip over or pretend to understand his mathematically-heavy Waterhouse bits, you should enjoy it. (They're not all math-talk, anyway, and Waterhouse segments are probably the funniest to me.)
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I was looking through my old Freak Brothers comics the other day and feeling a bit miffed that they were so worn, torn and even lost in some cases...

...well look what I bought at the bookstore today

Oh, wow! I haven't seen those in years.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

I've never heard of it..but now i'm curious. WIKIPEDIA TIME!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Freak Brothers are awesome!

If you rescue me

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Now how did I know you'd be a fan too, Brice

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no idea.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I also have, in mint condition, the complete set of Fat Freddie's Cat comics

+ Reply to Thread
Page 196 of 714 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 194 195 196 197 198 206 246 296 696 ... LastLast