Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 182 of 714 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 180 181 182 183 184 192 232 282 682 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gunslinger Apprentice bluelph24 is on a distinguished road bluelph24's Avatar

just finished Infinite Jest. took me over a month.

now am into Farewell, My Lovely - Raymond Chandler

also, Black Boy and Invisible Man for school

So it goes.

"There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all. "
    - Oscar Wilde

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading Cell.
    I tried to read it months ago but I got busy and never got around to it again so now I'm giving it another shot.
    ♪♪No secret, no matter how nasty can poison your voice or keep you from joy ♪♪ -- Perfume Genius

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bluelph24 View Post
    What did you think of it?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Reading The Day Of The Triffids which I highly recommend. It was written in 1951, but doesn't come across as dated. In many ways it reminds me of The Stand, very post apocalyptic and groups of people struggling to survive and rebuild with very differing viewpoints.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears like it, too

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I had a feeling they would

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Edenborn - Nick Sagan
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

About half way into Locke & Key and I'm really enjoying it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice bluelph24 is on a distinguished road bluelph24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelph24 View Post
    What did you think of it?
    i liked it. it 's really a monster though. books, even of that size, take me about a week to read. 47 odd days is huge for me. but i liked it, overall

So it goes.

"There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all. "
    - Oscar Wilde

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just started the Odyssey today. Great so far.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently, I've started reading Darkly Dreaming Dexter, the first book of the Dexter trilogy, now a ShoTime miniseries with the same name...I enjoy the writing quite a bit so far...Dexter's personality works just as well(if not better) on paper as it does in film.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

dexter so rocks!

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely agreed...I've watched the series for some time now, and recently found out that it was based off of those books...so, naturally I scrambled to find the books and read those.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

3/4 of the way through Bag of Bones now.

Once that's finished I intend to start Rose Madder.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    3/4 of the way through Bag of Bones now.

Once that's finished I intend to start Rose Madder.

and i will await your reactions to both in the proper threads. seriously, these are two of my favorite books by sai king and i absolutely love to hear what other people think of them.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post

and i will await your reactions to both in the proper threads. seriously, these are two of my favorite books by sai king and i absolutely love to hear what other people think of them.
    Well, I'm loving Bag of Bones so far, though I won't go into detail here--saving that for the actual thread for that novel, and for after I finish the whole thing.

But I am lovin' it!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Finished Locke & Key last night. Loved it! I don't think I can wait till the next installment comes out. I want to know what's going to happen now.

Country
    Country Flag

I just began The Hobbit a few days ago. Oh yeah.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Traveler ~Unfound~ is on a distinguished road ~Unfound~'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Im currently Reading Star Wars "The Force Unleashed" its great. Star Wars is my other great love besides The Dark Tower.
    Last edited by ~Unfound~; 11-10-2008 at 08:18 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Country
    Country Flag

Nice to meet you, and thank god i've found another SW fan on this site!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by William50 View Post
    First time?

I'm always a bit envious of those who can read it for the first time. That was so long ago for me. I'm looking forward to reading it to my daughter for the first time.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    First time?

I'm always a bit envious of those who can read it for the first time. That was so long ago for me. I'm looking forward to reading it to my daughter for the first time.
    Sharing beloved books with your kids is one of parenting's greatest experiences.
    I'm sure you'll enjoy introducing the hobbits to your daughter as greatly as she'll be delighted to meet them.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Sharing beloved books with your kids is one of parenting's greatest experiences.
    One of the first things we did when my wife got pregnant was to start assembling a library of books we'd want to read our child. We've already started reading to her. I'm sure it'll be a whole new kind of fun when she can comprehend it, but even now, it's fun time to spend with her.

That is such a great idea Jayson. I'm sure you've got some good one's picked out for her already.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    First time?

Yeah. I've read the Lord of the Rings and I am a huge fan, so I had to try the Hobbit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 182 of 714 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 180 181 182 183 184 192 232 282 682 ... LastLast