Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 165 of 714 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 175 215 265 665 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Jayson - I haven't seen the film either...if it's not good enough for Alan Moore...
    Dude, nothing is good enough for Alan Moore.

He'd probably go on a revolution against the usage of spoons if he could.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That's why I like the cantankerous old bastard

Fuck Adumbros is on a distinguished road Adumbros's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

i can see this has become a random thoughts thread

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

1) AMERICAN GODS was very good, I liked ANANSI BOYS even better.

2) I'm on Volume 8 of THE SANDMAN series. Obviously the fact that I've stuck around to be reading the eighth book tells you my opinion.

3) I put aside the Sandman stories temporarily to read WATCHMEN. I love it.

4) Just about to finish THE MAN WHO LOVED CHINA. Interesting biography.

5) My next non-"graphic novel" is probably going to be INSOMNIA. Finally.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My mom is going to read it.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Adumbros View Post
    hey if anyone sees brice let him kno i couldn't stick around i only got 20 minutes to get to the P.O. and it'll prob take 15 to get there. laters.

btw~ ne1 who's interested in SK should check out this creepy lil book called "I Shudder At Your Touch."

I saw this. I'm here sporadically the last few days, but I read every post.

I Shudder At Your Touch is a nice little anthology. I have all the books you listed that you've been reading with the exception of the Lee Child books.

I have Imagica too. You need to read it as soon as you.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I got Elantris in the mail today!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Daggers - awesome shout on Water For Elephants!! Just finished it...amazing...I wouldn't have ever thought to have picked it up if you hadn't mentioned it

Satanic Mechanic B Rag will become famous soon enough B Rag's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've just started on A Clockwork Orange!
    Have you heard of people with short fuses? Well, I have no fuse at all, and there's a thousand could testify to it if I hadn't stilled their tongues for good.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker
    my itty bitty boy parts need the movie to grow
    You can't ignore my girth.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Viddy well, little droogie! Viddy well!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Daggers - awesome shout on Water For Elephants!! Just finished it...amazing...I wouldn't have ever thought to have picked it up if you hadn't mentioned it
    Glad you liked it!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I decided to read this short book. I'll read INSOMNIA next.

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished a reread of Everything's Eventual and am reading Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

A couple dozen pages into Elantris - so far so good.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

my reading abilities (read - ability to concentrate) have gone way down. i'm still trying to get through house of leaves. stil reading up high in the trees.

listening to insomnia. i think i'm falling in love with ralph roberts and joe wyzer.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have found myself reading short stories and novellas recently.

Am currently reading the other stories in F&SF. After reading SK's (which i really liked), I figured I should read the rest of them. After that I will read through the September issue of Asimov's Science Fiction

As soon as I am through with those two, I plan on reading a chapbook called "Witching Hour Theatre" by Craig Shaeffer.

Life is a garden...dig it!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison and am currently reading On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God, also by Louise Rennison.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Still re-reading Liseys Story. Bool-Ya!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Started Choke the other day. Not too far in, but so far so good. I'm hoping to have it finished by the time the film comes out.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

I plan on stopping by the BMV (used books) to find Anansi Boys. I think I might also pick up some of the Dark Tower audio books. Justin is a huge reader and liked some King books....he liked all the Lord of the Rings but he's never too enthused about DT.

I thought that I wouldn't mind having someone read the books to me and maybe he'll listen with me. How could anyone resist that very first line?

Edit: Just finished The Children of Men. It was good. Much less violent than the movie...I think had the movie followed the book to the t, audiences would have been bored. It was a great read, though.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    Edit: Just finished The Children of Men. It was good. Much less violent than the movie...I think had the movie followed the book to the t, audiences would have been bored. It was a great read, though.
    I never read the book but I did see the movie. I thought it was boring as it was. If it could have been even more boring I'd probably have shot myself for wasting 2 hours.

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    I never read the book but I did see the movie. I thought it was boring as it was. If it could have been even more boring I'd probably have shot myself for wasting 2 hours.
    The book had much fewer explosions. In fact, I don't think anything exploded.

It was good. A little slow at the beginning but it's not really a very long book.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Fuck Adumbros is on a distinguished road Adumbros's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

I've read Imajica, Brice...i wanna get it again. btw, you would prob enjoy the Lee Child series. Start with Killing Floor. this dude is fuckin good; even King himself has raved about the guy, and its not even King's genre.

currently reading From A Buick 8. not as lame as the cover makes it seem at all.

just re-read Misery and Everville. I love Clive Barker, but he really needs to get the fuck off his ass and start releasing some of these long-awaited sequels! After waiting four effing years, Abarat 3 was due out this month, and now i hear its been last-minute postponed AGAIN! and how long have we waited on the third book of the Art now, fourteen years?!? damn! i understand he's a multimedia genius, comics, movies, books, tv shows, etc., but take some time to slow down and finsih old projects!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

In addition to the Rennison book, I'm reading The Listeners and Other Poems by Walter de la Mare.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally just started INSOMNIA for the first time. I like a book where things start getting weird fast.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 165 of 714 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 175 215 265 665 ... LastLast