Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 160 of 714 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 210 260 660 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Vampyrrhic by Simon Clark - Pretty good so far!

Life is a garden...dig it!

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post

I've been debating on whether or not to get that... I'm might pick it up now!

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by what View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post

I've been debating on whether or not to get that... I'm might pick it up now!
    I got Vampyrrhic and Vampyrrhic Rites from Cemetery Dance a while back and finally got around to reading them.

It started out a little slow at first but gets better once you get acquainted with the characters.

Life is a garden...dig it!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Sill rereading Duma Key, slowest I've ever read a book.
    I am having a hard time concentrating ...
    Spoiler:
    much like the characters in the story minus the obvious physical dysfunctions

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    *reading the things they carried by tim o'brien for the fifth time (god this guy can make me laugh and then realize i'm laughing and think i'm a horrible person for doing it; then make me cry and not even realize i'm crying until i notice the teardrops on the page. if you haven't read this book, drop what you are reading and get it. it is so worth your time.)
    What's it about?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

I LOVE The Things They Carried. It is the only book that I ever had to read for an English class that I ran out and bought for myself. It was so good that I remembered everything about it and got every question, including the bonus questions, correct on the test. It just stuck with me. So yeah, drop everything and read it, it's amazing.

Heather - it's about soldiers in the Vietnam War. It tells stories from the platoon and about the soldiers individually. It touches on so many things, it's hard to describe.

Anyway, I'm currently reading:

The last installment of the Otherland series by Tad Williams
    Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson
    Salems Lot
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    *reading the things they carried by tim o'brien for the fifth time (god this guy can make me laugh and then realize i'm laughing and think i'm a horrible person for doing it; then make me cry and not even realize i'm crying until i notice the teardrops on the page. if you haven't read this book, drop what you are reading and get it. it is so worth your time.)
    What's it about?
    it's about Tim O'Brien's time in Viet Nam. he changed some of the names at the request of his company members but it's true.

it's about what they had with them. it's about how they died and how they lived. it's about how and who they fought - both the vietnamese and each other. it's about who they loved and who they lost. it's about death and survival. it's about life.

it's the only book that made me cry while reading it in the bookstore and i didn't realize i was crying until someone walked up to me and asked me if i was okay. when i showed him what i was reading, he just nodded and walked away. (he had either read the book or been in the war, i never found out which.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post
    I LOVE The Things They Carried. It is the only book that I ever had to read for an English class that I ran out and bought for myself. It was so good that I remembered everything about it and got every question, including the bonus questions, correct on the test. It just stuck with me. So yeah, drop everything and read it, it's amazing.

Anyway, I'm currently reading:

The last installment of the Otherland series by Tad Williams
    Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson
    Salems Lot
    are we related? i love the otherland series! i try to reread it every year. and neal stephenson is on my list of all time favorite authors. and, well, we all know how i feel about sai king!

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Hell yeah, you obviously have excellent taste in books.

Otherland is constant reread material for me. I like Williams' other books (Tailchaser's Song was the first one I ever read, back when I was 10 or so), but Otherland is tops. I tend to finish Sea Of Silver Light then start right over again at City of Golden Shadow, hee.

I love how you described TTTC. Perfect.

I adore Stephenson's sense of humor. You don't see it coming, and then all of a sudden you're laughing out loud. So dry, so well done. Plus, he's lived in Ames, IA, and I'm from thereabouts. Hell, my grandparents once knew, like, everyone in their town, so they might even know him. Hee.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm currently reading A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. I'm only a few chapters in, but so far so good. I wonder if I'll be able to keep track of all the characters though.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

I'm sure you'll be able to keep up with the characters, Brainslinger!
    They're engaging enough to be remembered.

Enjoy the series!!!

(I sure did!)

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

So.... I read New Moon today, and tomorrow I'm planning on reading Eclipse.
    These books are addicting. And good. And I feel like a 12 year old pre-teen reading them because I love them so much.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just started Cat's Cradle by Vonnegut. I'm loving it like a Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich from Mickey D's.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I've got a silly question about Jane Eyre, for those that have read it.
    I'm listening to the audiobook so I don't have it written in front of me, but does Mr. Rochester sometimes call Jane, Janet for some reason or am I just mishearing what's being said?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice BeDaN is on a distinguished road BeDaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Reading

Literally just finished Dean Koontz's "Velocity" about 20 min ago. Deciding on whether I wanna read "It" or go in a different direction.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

There's this book series"The Rabbi". I remember one of Them was "Friday the Rabbi Slept Late". I was wondering about them, and wanted to know if anyione read them and if they're worth reading.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I've got a silly question about Jane Eyre, for those that have read it.
    I'm listening to the audiobook so I don't have it written in front of me, but does Mr. Rochester sometimes call Jane, Janet for some reason or am I just mishearing what's being said?
    no, you're not mishearing; for example:

He checked himself in his exultation to demand, "But is there anything the matter, Janet, that you come to meet me at such an hour? Is there anything wrong?"

The bear is always happy when people enjoy books he loves!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    There's this book series"The Rabbi". I remember one of Them was "Friday the Rabbi Slept Late". I was wondering about them, and wanted to know if anyione read them and if they're worth reading.
    If you like mysteries, they're pretty good. My wife loves them.

John

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished Black House. I liked it 100% more the second time around. It helps to have read the Dark Tower books first. Would I put it on my list of favorites? No, but still...much better the second time around.

I also read "The Little Sisters of Eluria." I'm glad I did. I missed Roland.

And NOW I've started American Gods. I started last night, I'm 117 pages in and I love it.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill and am going to start a reread of Everything's Eventual.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Everyone has read Heart Shaped Box but me.

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i haven't feev

and Tiffany yay!!! I just read it.. umm last month i think and i loved it!

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Go...now...read it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

oh. ummm.... ok.
    *googlesearch*

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Everyone has read Heart Shaped Box but me.
    I haven't either. I intend to, but every time I go to the bookstore order books online I end up getting something else.

Country
    Country Flag

the wiki makes me wanna read it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 160 of 714 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 210 260 660 ... LastLast