Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 157 of 714 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 207 257 657 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It really is a great book though. The movie was...ok.

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yeah.. i saw the movie first and then read the book. the book was way better of course.

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My favorite part is where SL Jackson first enters the sphere, that maniacal smile that he has

On-topic : I'm inching my way through IT while I wait for Prisoner of Azkiban to arrive in the mail.

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

w00t! jump on the IT train. i was scared of the book for so long and then i finally decided i was gonna read it and that was all there was too it! i sure showed me! it's great. i'm still working slowly through Insomnia and i really like it. Kicking myself for not reading it before although i'm glad i got to read the DT series before it.

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved IT! Right now I am reading Carrie again. It was pretty good.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Gunslinger Apprentice bluelph24 is on a distinguished road bluelph24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    You a big Crichton fan, Blu? Have you read Sphere?
    idk. I'll read him. He's easy and fun. I've read Jurassic park, the lost World, Next, and i'm starting Prey today. I really enjoy reading Crichton after i tackle something bug and complicated, he's fun to relax to.

So it goes.

"There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all. "
    - Oscar Wilde

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Finally started The Green Mile for real.
    I get to read it duing my breaks at work when there aren't any cars. (Which in the afternoon is a majority of my shift).

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

UnfoundOne, I've never read The Green Mile either :gasp: I hear it is worth the read.

I finished Order of the Phoenix last night and I'm off to start Half Blood Prince today. I guess Duma Key is just going to have to wait a bit longer.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    UnfoundOne, I've never read The Green Mile either :gasp:
    and I never finished it, and it doesn't look like I ever will

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I LOVED The Green Mile.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Green Mile remains one of my favorite King books.

John

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally agree, its worth every minute.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

damn, seriously? one of the best? well I do love the movie version but I don't own the book. I'll add it to The List.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I think you'll really like it.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely! The movie was very, very good, but, as usual, can't compare with the book!

John

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

On-topic : I'm inching my way through IT while I wait for Prisoner of Azkiban to arrive in the mail.
    So what part are you up to now? And are you enjoying it more?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Mill's "On Liberty" as well as a bunch of Korean poetry collections.
    I actually am looking for a good read after finishing Balzac's "Le Père Goriot", which was brilliant after I got further than the description of the hostel from page 1 to 5 (literally made me sleep the first time I read it).

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

To all who haven't read The Green Mile - do so! And soon!

I spent my entire shift reading bit by bit this morning and then came home and read for a couple hours. I might even finish it tonight. It's great!

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was going to read Duma Key, but after reading the cover flap, I find myself completely uninterested.

Beauty Effulgent KaLikeAWheel is on a distinguished road KaLikeAWheel's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've just started re-reading Dolores Claiborne. I read it once, long ago, and didn't much care for it. I'm hoping I'll like it better this time.

Donna

"What can I tell you, baby? I've always been bad."--Spike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    So what part are you up to now? And are you enjoying it more?
    Hmm, not really. It's 1 or 2 gripping pages in which Pennywise makes an appearance, and then 50 pages of them smiling at each other and building a dam. At this point, the only reason I'm moving forward with it is because I don't like to leave books unfinished :/

Quote Originally Posted by ka-mai View Post
    I was going to read Duma Key, but after reading the cover flap, I find myself completely uninterested.
    Don't, just....don't.

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished Eclipse and I'm off to start Breaking Dawn... then its on to Duma Key... i've been curious as to why some don't like it around here....

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by KaLikeAWheel View Post
    I've just started re-reading Dolores Claiborne. I read it once, long ago, and didn't much care for it. I'm hoping I'll like it better this time.

Donna
    If you can, try to get the audio book, read by Frances Sternhagen. It's MARVELOUS!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 157 of 714 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 207 257 657 ... LastLast