Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 150 of 714 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 200 250 650 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Technology scares me!
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently reading Jane Eyre, which I'm ashamed to admit I'm reading for the first time And I'm really enjoying it.

It's the sort of book I'd have skimmed over when I was younger, because the narrative is so descriptive, but I'm taking time with it and appreciating it.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

About to start Desperation and The Regulators.

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    About to start Desperation and The Regulators.
    Desperation is great! Loved it.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved The Regulators, but didn't enjoy Desperation as much. Not because of the quality of writing - but the initial content freaked me out...I guess its a Mum thing

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just read Fahrenheit 451 for the first time, Matt's been wanting me to read it for ages.

I liked the overall ideas, but I thought it got a teensy bit preachy/wordy. Also, pretty much every sentence is a simile or metaphor, and that got irritating.

Other than that, very good.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Currently reading Jane Eyre, which I'm ashamed to admit I'm reading for the first time And I'm really enjoying it.

It's the sort of book I'd have skimmed over when I was younger, because the narrative is so descriptive, but I'm taking time with it and appreciating it.
    Let me know how you enjoy it. I've been wanting to pick it up for quite some time.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the first time! one of the books that I've been reading since I remember myself. I re-read it a few years ago, because, you see, I couldn't even tell whether it was good or bad - I knew it too well, it was like part of me, - and I found out that it was kickass! Also, it was the first time I read it in English - it was amazing, the same book you know by heart, and at the same time not the same book...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ka-mai View Post
    I just read Fahrenheit 451 for the first time, Matt's been wanting me to read it for ages.

I liked the overall ideas, but I thought it got a teensy bit preachy/wordy. Also, pretty much every sentence is a simile or metaphor, and that got irritating.
    That's typical Bradbury, he always over does the prose! My favourite stories of his are Something Wicked This Way Comes and the short story A Miracle Of Rare Device - you should check 'em out

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Let me know how you enjoy it. I've been wanting to pick it up for quite some time.
    You really should, it's got an excellent plot and is both charming and dark by turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    the first time! one of the books that I've been reading since I remember myself. I re-read it a few years ago, because, you see, I couldn't even tell whether it was good or bad - I knew it too well, it was like part of me, - and I found out that it was kickass! Also, it was the first time I read it in English - it was amazing, the same book you know by heart, and at the same time not the same book...
    I know!! It's terrible that I hadn't read it sooner. My middle sister is a fiend for the classics and I think I was of the notion, when I was younger, that if she liked them they must all be sentimental claptrap - because she's very romantic But I apologise to both my sister and the authors of the multitude of classics I'm too ashamed to tell you I haven't read

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I LOVE Jane Eyre... one of my favorite stories...

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

but i would never have read the book if it werent' for the movie with Orson Welles...

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Jane Eyre. Excellent choice!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

I just finished Watchmen!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    Annnnnnnnnnnnd? What'd you think?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Tower VII and Nicomachean Ethics.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

dt 4 and Aztec, by Gary Jennings, and The Thorn Birds, and Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Thorn Birds! that's the feat I could accomplish once... don't think I'll ever repeat it

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

why? i like it just fine.

this is a reread.........
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Country
    Country Flag

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

The City of Embers
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, for the third time through.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I only just began a reread of Insomnia.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    Annnnnnnnnnnnd? What'd you think?
    Let's just say... Rorschach is my new desktop wallpaper.

Are you kidding me? I fuckin' loved it! It was a little odd getting into the swing of things since I've never read a comic before :gasp: but after the first chapter I found myself really enjoying it.
    I'll definitely be looking into some other graphic novels now.

And also, finishing it makes me so so so so excited for the movie! Dayum. It's gonna be intense.

Michael Jackson citiesburnred is on a distinguished road citiesburnred's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm just started reading Starship Troopers
    Assume makes an ass out of 'u' and 'me'

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I think I have read it 3 times already
    but I really like this story alot.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 150 of 714 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 200 250 650 ... LastLast