Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 714 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 513 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A Confederacy of Dunces. I can't believe I've waited so long to read this. It's terrific!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, that is a fantastic novel. I've read it a few times.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Started Cabinet of Curiosities by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child while on vacation and I love it.
    In Digitized Remorse

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i just finished a long way down by nick hornby. it was really good. kind of like a suicidal british breakfast club.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I tried reading A Confederacy of Dunces once and couldn't really get into it. I am reading Imajica by Clive Barker at the moment after having just finished A Clash of Kings by George R R Martin.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I am reading Imajica by Clive Barker at the moment
    You're going to love that series.

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished Cabinet of Curiosites on Monday and started Still Life With Crows by the same authors.
    In Digitized Remorse

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    it was a series? huh. i guess i never knew that.

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    i just finished a long way down by nick hornby. it was really good. kind of like a suicidal british breakfast club.
    Have you read "How To Be Good" by him? It was good too.

Alright friends, well here's the biggie. I broke down...I found that damn Harry Potter book and I started it last night. I couldn't put it down. I'm over half-way finished already. Wonder how long it will take to read the whole series? I can't believe after 10 years, weeks before the last of the series I break. LOL
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by She-Oy View Post
    I found that damn Harry Potter book and I started it last night. I couldn't put it down.
    ::happybear dance::

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    it was a series? huh. i guess i never knew that.
    Well, it's not really a series-series, it's only two books long, but Barker wrote it in such a grand scale that you'll hardly notice.

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Imajica was originally a single book....at least my copy is...
    In Digitized Remorse

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Probably an omnibus edition.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

To my knowlegde, it was originally one book. The copy I have is one bok as well, but:

Imajica is a fantasy novel by British author Clive Barker. Barker names it as his favorite of all his writings. The work, 825 pages at its first printing in 1991, chronicles the events surrounding the reconciliation of Earth, called the Fifth Dominion, with the other four Dominions, parallel worlds unknown to all but a select few of Earth's inhabitants.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think where the confusion might be is the original version of Imagica was one HC book and it was released as a paperback. Later on (years later I believe) it was being reissued as a paperback and some capitalist asshole had the ingenious idea of splitting it into multiple paperbacks. If you buy it in paperback now I believe it is Imagica Book One: Dominion and Imagica Book Two: Revelations, or something like that. There was never a sequel all though I believe there were plans for a sequel at one time as there are plans for a third book of the art (The Great And Secret Show, Everville).
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

The Story of B by Daniel Quin

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post

Ishmael is one of my favorite books, and I love Daniel Quinn because he makes me think and look at things in a new light. I have never made it all the way through The Story of B, though. This is mainly because of having to flip back and forth from the story to B's speeches really gets on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I think where the confusion might be is the original version of Imagica was one HC book and it was released as a paperback. Later on (years later I believe) it was being reissued as a paperback and some capitalist asshole had the ingenious idea of splitting it into multiple paperbacks. If you buy it in paperback now I believe it is Imagica Book One: Dominion and Imagica Book Two: Revelations, or something like that. There was never a sequel all though I believe there were plans for a sequel at one time as there are plans for a third book of the art (The Great And Secret Show, Everville).
    that is ridiculous and idiotic.

slightly off topic, but i have been waiting for the thief of always movie for, like, 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    that is ridiculous and idiotic.

slightly off topic, but i have been waiting for the thief of always movie for, like, 12 years.

Seriously. If they ever make a movie of that, I may very well burst from joy.

Seriously. If they ever make a movie of that, I may very well burst from joy.
    i just remember this guy aaron telling me that he had heard they were making a movie when i was 16. that was 12 years ago.

Eyes Like Silver Dollars Tvmorbid is on a distinguished road Tvmorbid's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Currently reading Orcslayer by Nathan Long, part 8 of an ongoing series

BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When you're down here with us, you'll float too!

reading the book of lost things by john connolly. it's excellent.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

just listened to Sacket by Louis Lamour. Classic western filled with cliche's (sp?)

it was a good fun listen on our longassdrive.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post

Ishmael is one of my favorite books, and I love Daniel Quinn because he makes me think and look at things in a new light. I have never made it all the way through The Story of B, though. This is mainly because of having to flip back and forth from the story to B's speeches really gets on my nerves.
    I know what you mean, Ishmael made me think. This is my second attempt at the Story of B. For Christmas, I was given several other Daniel Quinn books. I also had a bumper sticker that said "Friend of Ishmael".

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I currently reading Chuck Palahniuk's newest book, Rant: An Oral Histroy of Buster Casey. So far it is fan-freaking-tastic. I just love Chucky P.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 714 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 513 ... LastLast