Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 714 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 224 624 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ka-Tet - have you seen Blade Runner yet?

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Feev will probably want to shoot me, but I hated Blade Runner. I thought the book version {DADOES} was MUCH MUCH better. I'm not a big fan of Ridley Scott's movie-making.

Citizen of Gilead Ka-tet is on a distinguished road Ka-tet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

R of G:I love Ridley Scott.

Feverishparade: No, but i intend to as soon as i can hunt the directors cut down.
    If you love me, then love me-Susan of mejis
    See the turtle, aint he keen? All things serve the fucking beam-Eddie of NewYork
    You burn prettily-Corwin of Amber

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

I took an upper level philosophy class last year (a lot of it was way over my head, ah) called Animals, Persons, and Ethics. We did an entire unit on Bladerunner. Are replicants persons? Are they human? What rights do they deserve? It was terribly interesting at the time - we talked about the concept of the Overman as well. Wow. I don't know if I could talk about half of it now, but whenever I watch the movie it comes back.
    All that said, I had/have a newfound appreciation for the movie, I haven't read the book.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Feev will probably want to shoot me, but I hated Blade Runner. I thought the book version {DADOES} was MUCH MUCH better. I'm not a big fan of Ridley Scott's movie-making.
    Nah, I don't want to kill you... just strangle you a little bit

It's cool though, I don't think there's any middle ground for Scott's movies - you either love them or you hate them. And besides, I think we can all agree that the movies are hardly ever better than the books they're based on.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    And besides, I think we can all agree that the movies are hardly ever better than the books they're based on.
    Most definitely true.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I just finished Duma Key
    Sweet! Now we can talk about it.

Did you totally love it? I totally loved it.
    I did actually, I thought it was much better than Lisey's Story and once you sit back and think of it for a while, it was really quite scary.

The only part that was hard for me was the paintings...what they did to people, that part seemed a bit forced but loved it otherwise.

And I did like Wireman, very much.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    I took an upper level philosophy class last year (a lot of it was way over my head, ah) called Animals, Persons, and Ethics. We did an entire unit on Bladerunner. Are replicants persons? Are they human? What rights do they deserve? It was terribly interesting at the time - we talked about the concept of the Overman as well. Wow. I don't know if I could talk about half of it now, but whenever I watch the movie it comes back.
    All that said, I had/have a newfound appreciation for the movie, I haven't read the book.
    You should read it as soon as possible. It is an amazing book. I love the movie, but the book is waaaaaay better.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I just bought a copy of Jack Ketchums Flame Finder.
    I'm only about 30 pages in , so I'll be back to let you
    know what I think of it. I am in a strange mood about
    the opposite sex @ home still, and the story may be
    feeding a particular fantasy of mine just lately

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oo Oo.. try Divine Ivasion by Dick... it was... interesting.. definitely thought-provoking for me.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

just finished Thin Red Line, and all my Herman Wouk's books also.

I went on a kick and read all my Newberry award books I've been buying, it took me 3 days. Rats of NIMH is much better than I remembered it.

Currently re-reading my John Grisham's.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Gentleman of the Road, Michael Chabon

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post

I love Kethum's books and I've never heard of that one.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah..Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is on my short-list right now. My boyfriend raves about that book (he also likes Bladerunner despite the fact that he insists it murdered the book).

Right now I am going through a lot of my old Henry Rollins books. Love that man. Some really of the wall stuff, some really deep stuff.

I'm looking forward to getting The Talisman in the mail tomorrow or Monday (hopefully!!) as one of my lovely Ka-sisters from this site is mailing it to me. Hope to have enough time to finish it before my boyfriend gets back from California.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Citizen of Gilead Ka-tet is on a distinguished road Ka-tet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I started The Gunslinger last night(My first re-read), and i have to say im enjoying it much more than the first time around. Roland just finished thinking about..
    Spoiler:
    When Hex was hung
    If you love me, then love me-Susan of mejis
    See the turtle, aint he keen? All things serve the fucking beam-Eddie of NewYork
    You burn prettily-Corwin of Amber

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post

Right now I am going through a lot of my old Henry Rollins books. Love that man. Some really of the wall stuff, some really deep stuff.
    Get in the Van by Henry Rollins is amazing.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Thats because the book is called Old Flames, the ficticious business in the story is Flame Finders

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-tet View Post
    I started The Gunslinger last night(My first re-read), and i have to say im enjoying it much more than the first time around. Roland just finished thinking about..
    Spoiler:
    When Hex was hung
    Oh, the first reread is the best. You'll get so much more out of it this time around. I envy you.

Just finished a reread of The Regulators and have started The Magdalen by Marita Conon-McKenna.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post

Get in the Van by Henry Rollins is amazing.
    That and FANATIC! I think are the only 2 I don't own. These books are the definition of well loved, too. They've spent almost as much time on trains and Greyhound busses as Rollins himself. Inked, highlighted, dog eared and coffee stained. I think Hank'd be proud to see them battered and abused on the road like they were intended.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Gunslinger Apprentice PedroPáramo is on a distinguished road PedroPáramo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

On Heroes and Tombs by Ernesto Sabado

Pedro Páramo(re-reading for fifth time) by Juan Rulfo
    "The murmurs killed me", Gan, I just love that quote
    Look at me thus. Thy glance is mad and rare.
    Thine eyes show deep and wild and inner strife.
    How they are more than Horror fair!
    -Alexander Search

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post

I hate you.

ETA: That was directed at Jude.

I just saw this. Another great line from Duma Key:

"I never thought it would get this bad. God sometimes punishes us for what we can't imagine."

That's what Wireman says, and he's usually right.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Thats because the book is called Old Flames, the ficticious business in the story is Flame Finders
    I haven't heard of that one either.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm currently rereading Duma Key (I'm about half way through it) and am going to start a reread of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix tomorrow. I want to squeeze in a reread of To Kill a Mockingbird in there sometime soon, too.

John

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

i'm trying to decide what to read next. i suppose i should start the summer reading assignment.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

On the Beach.

I'm excited to read it because Matt always talked about how good it is. Anyone else read it? I'd like to get more than one opinion about it.

My only real gripe so far is that Dwight always says things "equably". If you have to use adverbs, at least mix it up a bit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 714 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 224 624 ... LastLast