Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 713 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 512 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Everythings Eventual

currently on Little Sisters

It's my first time reading this one.
    I need to pick up a copy of that too.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I just started Black House. The beginning was rough... Peter Straub is not as readable as King... but whatever.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That is rough, I had to listen to get through it.

And yes Erin...Lisey's Story gets a little better but I am almost done and I must say, so far its not on my top 10 for sure.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Patrick, although a lot of people don't like it, I loved Dreamcatcher, I even named two of my cats after characters from it.

I'm currently reading Lisey's Story. I hate to say it, but I'm having a really hard time getting into it. It just hasn't grabbed me yet like most all of King's other books do. I'm going to finish it, but I hate to say it, if it had been any other author besides King, I'd have set it aside by now. For those of you who have read it, does it just have a slow start and get better or am I just nuts?
    I read Lisey's Story in a collection of short stories. Husbands a famous writer right?

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Patrick, although a lot of people don't like it, I loved Dreamcatcher, I even named two of my cats after characters from it.

I'm currently reading Lisey's Story. I hate to say it, but I'm having a really hard time getting into it. It just hasn't grabbed me yet like most all of King's other books do. I'm going to finish it, but I hate to say it, if it had been any other author besides King, I'd have set it aside by now. For those of you who have read it, does it just have a slow start and get better or am I just nuts?
    I read Lisey's Story in a collection of short stories. Husbands a famous writer right?
    Yes, there was a short story in a collection that was an excerpt from Lisey's Story before it was released.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post

Yes, there was a short story in a collection that was an excerpt from Lisey's Story before it was released.
    Ah...so I probably haven't read the whole story then. Well, what I read was good.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it was. It was just an excerpt of the finished novel though. I liked it alot.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm about a third (maybe less) of the way through DREAMCATCHER, and I like the book so far - although there is one event that just does not ring true IMO no matter how much I try to justify it to myself. I hate when a major character does something pivotal that I flat-out can't believe. It pulls me out of the story in a big way and I almost have to force myself not to abandon the book, which is really disappointing when I've been enjoying the book thus far.

Regarding LISEY'S STORY, I agree that it starts out rather slow, but I felt it gets better the further you read.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Everythings Eventual
    currently on Little Sisters

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I'm about a third (maybe less) of the way through DREAMCATCHER, and I like the book so far - although there is one event that just does not ring true IMO no matter how much I try to justify it to myself. I hate when a major character does something pivotal that I flat-out can't believe. It pulls me out of the story in a big way and I almost have to force myself not to abandon the book, which is really disappointing when I've been enjoying the book thus far.
    Now you have intrigued me! What is the infamous event?

(Personally, I thought Dreamcatcher, like The Talisman, rapidly went downhill closer to the end, but the first two thirds or maybe even four fifths were pretty much ok)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice towerguard is on a distinguished road towerguard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    I just started Black House. The beginning was rough... Peter Straub is not as readable as King... but whatever.
    Yeah the start of that one is rough, though I don't blame Straub for it so much, I remember how unbareablely boring IT and The Stand started out.

What has King written since Cell? I stopped reading him after that, Cell was just too terrible, well it was good until the last 5 pages, and the rest of it just can't make up for it. It was a very predictable disapointing SK ending.
    I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? - Franz Kafka

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Cell just bored me from start to finish.

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't make it 40 pages into the Cell.

I'm reading a southern chick lit book at the moment, Between Georgia. I needed a little break from bleak, depressing books.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Now you have intrigued me! What is the infamous event?

(Personally, I thought Dreamcatcher, like The Talisman, rapidly went downhill closer to the end, but the first two thirds or maybe even four fifths were pretty much ok)
    DREAMCATCHER, Part I, SPOILER:
    Spoiler:
    When Beav actually grabs at one of the toothpicks on the "clean area" of an otherwise completely nasty (strange guy's blood, alien fungus, etc.) bathroom floor. I simply don't believe anyone would have made that move given those unsanitary conditions - much less with the risk of something trying to escape from the toilet he's keeping closed.

I was highly disappointed that SK didn't come up with something more plausible.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

oh yes. Oh yes. I think I kinda - what is the Freudian term - suppressed it? I kinda tend to forget that every time I think about Dreamcatcher (though how one really forget such a thing?)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lisey's Story. . .slowly.
    Thus Spoke Zarathustra for what must be the 3rd or 4th time now.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Gunslinger Apprentice kithereal is on a distinguished road kithereal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chassit View Post
    Currently reading Everything's Eventual

XIX
    I am too......I really liked everything is eventual....I am saving Little sisters for last........
    KIT

Eyes Like Silver Dollars Tvmorbid is on a distinguished road Tvmorbid's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Currently reading The Last Continent by Terry Pratchett

BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When you're down here with us, you'll float too!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm currently rereading W&G, The Gunslinger and reading a few Harlan Ellison books.

If you rescue me

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Rereading The Wastelands and really having to revise my favourite DT book - I'd forgotten exactly how great these stories were.

I loved Lisey's Story, but I seem to like the ones that everyone else finds a bit slow going...for instance Insomnia...I've heard various people say it was too slow but I loved that too.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I am so close to finishing Liseys Story...maybe tonight.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    , but I seem to like the ones that everyone else finds a bit slow going...for instance Insomnia...I've heard various people say it was too slow but I loved that too.
    I loved Insomnia! It was so great! And Lisey's Story is getting much much better for me now.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Amused

I'm currently reading the Weekly World News, something about babies living on the Titanic...

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

only this thread , Im at work....no I am kidding I am on a reread of DT,
    currently on book 5 WoTC!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Eldest
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 713 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 512 ... LastLast