Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 714 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 613 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

sure.

is canon spelled with one n? my bad, I hear it alot but don't see it in print.

besides, I'm right and you are wrong.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    sure.

is canon spelled with one n? my bad, I hear it alot but don't see it in print.

besides, I'm right and you are wrong.
    How about "You have your opinion, and I have mine?"

I like that option a lot better.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Drawing of the Three = awesome! That's the one that sucked me into the entire series - I think you really get to know Roland's personality in that one.

That will always be my favorite.

And yeah, revised - NO.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Drawing of the Three = awesome! That's the one that sucked me into the entire series - I think you really get to know Roland's personality in that one.

That will always be my favorite.

And yeah, revised - NO.
    Well, twenty-three skiddoo.

But yeah, for the first three, they get better in the later volumes.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for your opinions everyone. I really appreciate it, as it gives me hope for what lies ahead! With all the positive comments, it looks like I'll have to find some way to get to the bookstore tomorrow.

Thanks again guys!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You're welcome.

Now give me your wallet.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    No. I think locking you in a room with no limes until you read the entire Stephen King collection will be sufficient punishment. I'll go get Zone to guard the door.
    No! Anything BUT THE LIMES!

The only two from that list that I'm really itching to read are IT and The Stand...the rest I'm sure I'll read eventually.
    I can't believe you haven't read the Stand!

*spank*
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Geez, I wouldn't want Odetta and Brice as parents!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    No. I think locking you in a room with no limes until you read the entire Stephen King collection will be sufficient punishment. I'll go get Zone to guard the door.
    No! Anything BUT THE LIMES!

The only two from that list that I'm really itching to read are IT and The Stand...the rest I'm sure I'll read eventually.
    I can't believe you haven't read the Stand!

*spank*
    I haven't read IT either...do I get another spank?

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fever! You must read it. I think you should put down those stupid Narnia books and read IT today

oh and

oh and don't forget to add the Harry Potters and His Dark Materials to that list.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Add me to the list too. I haven't read IT either.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

People are running in here now.

(Geez...I haven't read it either )
    But I must warn you...my first instinct is to kick like a mule.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post

Fever! You must read it. I think you should put down those stupid Narnia books and read IT today

I agree with Maerlyn, drop everything and go read It right away (that goes for you too Ricky and Girly)
    You guys won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    For the first time in many, many years...I am reading two books at once. I've put down Hunchback of Notre Dame for the moment to read "easier" fiction in the form of Little Women.
    Little Women has been on my to-read list for a long time. How is it?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post

oh and

oh and don't forget to add the Harry Potters and His Dark Materials to that list.
    You know my policy about saying no to you

Looks like a trip to Borders is on my agenda for tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

(Geez...I haven't read it either )
    But I must warn you...my first instinct is to kick like a mule.
    *spank*

*strafe to the left*

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Heather19: I do plan on reading IT...I just want to forget the movie first. So I can fully enjoy the story.

Feev: OW!...Damnit!
    It's on now!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I know exactly what you mean. It's best to get that out of your mind before you read the book.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post

I cannot fathom your logic, sir. In my opinion, the original is not cannon--nor indeed is it canon.
    Smart man.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Along the Path of the Beam special k is on a distinguished road special k's Avatar

right now Im in the middle of lullaby by chuck palahniuk

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Ok...moving on (for there is an appropriate thread for the above discussion in The Baronies)...
    Oh shut up you little nancy boy. Why don't you go dance around your house wearing a little pink tu tu and singing opera.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Ok...moving on (for there is an appropriate thread for the above discussion in The Baronies)...
    Oh shut up you little nancy boy. Why don't you go dance around your house wearing a little pink tu tu and singing opera.
    Um.... I'm a little nancy boy myself, just so you know....

Gunslinger Apprentice Lance is on a distinguished road Lance's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This past week I've read one of the greatest novels I've ever read. It was The Thorn Birds and it covered the lives and loves of the Cleary family over almost sixty years. It's mostly set in the Austrailian Outback, so of course I had to tell Josh about it lol. It's very Sidney Sheldon (ish) in the way it chronicles a family through multiple generations.
    I'm Joe Collins, bitch. Recognize!

"I don't like pot. It dulls my hatred" - Darlene Conner

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Um.... I'm a little nancy boy myself, just so you know....
    Thats cool. I'm just giving Monte shit.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Regarding the readings of the children's books--I tutor reading for first graders at one of the urban schools in Cleveland. I get to read LOTS of kids' books, under the guise of helping the kids! I've just discovered Strega Nona--that's a great read!

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

John, I've got kids in that age range, what the heck is Strega Nona?

Just finished THE GINGERBREAD GIRL by Stephen King.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a kid's book about a magic pasta pot. Everyone of the kids really liked it. It's written and illustrated by Tomie De Paola. It won the Caldecott Honor Award for the illustrations when it was published in 1979.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 714 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 613 ... LastLast