Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 714 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 604 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Well hey, you were right.
    (What's new?)

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

It took me about four or five chapters to get into it, to get used to the style of writing, because its different than usual King. Like I said, stick with it and it will blow your mind and soul.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Black House is one of my favourite SK books.
    The writing style didn't really seem different to me though...in what way do you mean?

On a totally different track, I recently read a book by an Australian author, Will Elliot, called The Pilo Family Circus and it was amazing! Pretty gruesome stuff but you have to read it if you can get hold of it - really original and exciting stuff.
    He's a King fan and mentions him a few times in the book aswell

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I definitely agree the style of BH is different, particularly in the beginning. It's not unusual that this would be the case since it is the work of two authors, as opposed to one. I think the best example I can give is the "birds' eye view" description in the 1st chapter. I never really liked that device, and attributed it to Straub because it is different than any way I've ever experienced King setting a scene. Once the story really gets rolling I felt it began to feel more like King. Also, aside from the two books with King, I have never read any Straub so I don't know his voice too well.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Hi fuck face! Yeah you Bruno! I never said you had to read them to get a full picture of the DT series. I said Black House will give you background to certain events within the DT series. Black House is heavily connected to the DT Series regardless of what Drip o' The Donkey Dick otherwise known as Bruno, says.
    why don't you go fuck yourself with a flaming cattlebrand, you little bitch? I disagreed with you, but I did it in a respectful way, if you're gonna be such a fucken crybaby motherfucker you can kiss the fattest part of my ass. You are entitled to your beliefs and I'm entitled to mine, it wasn't a personal attack on you. So if you don't like that, suck it.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Monte really has like a hundred cpoies of the S/L Insomnia and won't part with even one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm stuck. I started The Hobbit, and I really want to read this story, but I'm not really feeling it right now. Then, I thought maybe it was time to re-read DT. Now, I'm debating on The Stand. It's one of the few SK books I've yet to read, and have kinda put it off over the years. Suggestions???
    Suggestions? Yes,
    Spoiler:
    stopwhateverthefuckinconsequentialthingyou'redoing rightnowandgogetit
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Amanda, I would read The Stand in your situation. Re-reads of DT are great, but you have another truly great King book in The Stand that you have never read. If given the chance, I'd go with the new [to you] material. And I'd do it right NOW!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Amanda, I would read The Stand in your situation. Re-reads of DT are great, but you have another truly great King book in The Stand that you have never read. If given the chance, I'd go with the new [to you] material. And I'd do it right NOW!
    or sooner.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

right now right now, not later later
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

play nicely boys.

i'm reading nothing right now but am anxiously awaiting the arrival of dreamcatchers.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Monte really has like a hundred cpoies of the S/L Insomnia and won't part with even one of them.

Brice! How many times do I have to tell you....the things you see stashed away in my home are PRIVATE. Those are secrets I only let you in on. Please don't abuse my trust again.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    Hi fuck face! Yeah you Bruno! I never said you had to read them to get a full picture of the DT series. I said Black House will give you background to certain events within the DT series. Black House is heavily connected to the DT Series regardless of what Drip o' The Donkey Dick otherwise known as Bruno, says.
    why don't you go fuck yourself with a flaming cattlebrand, you little bitch? I disagreed with you, but I did it in a respectful way, if you're gonna be such a fucken crybaby motherfucker you can kiss the fattest part of my ass. You are entitled to your beliefs and I'm entitled to mine, it wasn't a personal attack on you. So if you don't like that, suck it.
    Yeah, you're the one sounding like a crybaby bitch to me and you're still a fucking fuck-face fucker fuck-head. So fuck you!
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Black House is one of my favourite SK books.
    The writing style didn't really seem different to me though...in what way do you mean?

On a totally different track, I recently read a book by an Australian author, Will Elliot, called The Pilo Family Circus and it was amazing! Pretty gruesome stuff but you have to read it if you can get hold of it - really original and exciting stuff.
    He's a King fan and mentions him a few times in the book aswell
    Like Jayson said, the first part is especially noticably different style wise. I think its the first person view and narrative.

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    Yeah, you're the one sounding like a crybaby bitch to me and you're still a fucking fuck-face fucker fuck-head. So fuck you!
    Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. I bet you had a dildo butt plug built into your saddle too. :fuckyou:

Oh no.

Not....the dancing banana man...

Country
    Country Flag

Fellas....please...enough now.
    Bruno, CK....what are you currently reading (or should I just go f*ck myself)?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post

Brice! How many times do I have to tell you....the things you see stashed away in my home are PRIVATE. Those are secrets I only let you in on. Please don't abuse my trust again.

Well, if you'd just have sent me one.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you forget for a moment who you are talking to? NOW, you are just begging for them to lash out at you.

If you rescue me

Drawing of The Three and Monte...you should know, the offer to go fuck yourself is always open.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

This whole page is hilarious.
    And yeah, I mean the "bird's eye view" thing.

Country
    Country Flag

Did you forget for a moment who you are talking to? NOW, you are just begging for them to lash out at you.
    Yes, I know...I'm a sucker for abuse!

Drawing of The Three and Monte...you should know, the offer to go fuck yourself is always open.
    I figured it was, I was just checking. Are you actually reading it or listening to it?

My Mood
    Breezy

yeah, go fuck yourself. it's not like we're really fighting, Allhail makes me mad and then he makes me laugh in the same sentence. It's why I put up with his mom too. what happened to the smiley where he's flipping you off with both hands? we don't have it anymore?

i'm trying to find Streets of Laredo so I can read that, but right now I'm reading Firestarter again

I figured it was, I was just checking. Are you actually reading it or listening to it?
    Reading it.

Country
    Country Flag

@ Bruno:
    Damn! I want to reread that one! I only read it once and then read about half of it in Spanish another time. It was a good one!

The finger smiley was at .net, not here.

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    This whole page is hilarious.
    And yeah, I mean the "bird's eye view" thing.
    here, you like clowns, right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 714 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 604 ... LastLast