Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 714 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 603 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Yeah yeah, stop being so predictable.

Question though: Little Sisters doesn't stand on it's own, right?

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Yes, it does stand on its own. It takes place before the events in The Gunslinger and after
    Spoiler:
    Jericho Hill.
    Its VERY good.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Ok excellent. I'm excited.
    It's in Everything's Eventual though, isn't it?
    Because I've had a very kind offer from Bruno to send me his extra copy...

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. GO FOR IT!!!!!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Yes. GO FOR IT!!!!!
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

::clears throat:: in exchange for certain favors

I don't agree with Allhail (but what's new) about Talisman and Black house being cannon. They're good books, but aside from the territories being somewhat related to other Earths in the DT series, there's really nothing in common. You do NOT need the Jack Sawyer books to get the full picture, although, they do complement the books, like any other SK books will.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Hi fuck face! Yeah you Bruno! I never said you had to read them to get a full picture of the DT series. I said Black House will give you background to certain events within the DT series. Black House is heavily connected to the DT Series regardless of what Drip o' The Donkey Dick otherwise known as Bruno, says.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I disagree with half of what Bruno said. I don't think Talisman is directly connected to the DT series. Can't say the same about Black House because of
    Spoiler:
    the Crimson King and what happened to his forge and how that set up his diminished state when we meet him in DT-7.

Also,
    Spoiler:
    the confrontation with Lord Malshun is seen by Eddie in the vacant lot in Wolves of the Calla.

It's difficult for me not to click the spoiler buttons above, but I'll resist for now.
    Just got back from B&N - I got the last copy of Black House and I also bought IT. I'll probably start Black House tonight or tomorrow sometime.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I highly recommend IT, if you haven't already read it. Best book ever.

I love It, but the Dark Tower series collectively are the best books ever . SJ, I thnk Black House will blow your mind! It might take a little getting used to, with the different writing style and all, but stick with it.

I'm just going to have to get over the fact that every time I see the name Jack Sawyer I think of LOST. Shit.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'm stuck. I started The Hobbit, and I really want to read this story, but I'm not really feeling it right now. Then, I thought maybe it was time to re-read DT. Now, I'm debating on The Stand. It's one of the few SK books I've yet to read, and have kinda put it off over the years. Suggestions???

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just pulled Lisey's Story off the shelf and am going into the bedroom to start. Duma Key keeps calling to me from another shelf but I've held off so far. I want to read Lisey and Cell first.

Girly....read The Stand. It is so good...you'll like it.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I really liked both Lisey's Story and Cell. I hope they're both good to you Monte.

I would say definitely read The Stand.
    Absolutely.
    It's slow getting into it because there's a LOT of characters, but once you're in it's EXCELLENT!

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm stuck. I started The Hobbit, and I really want to read this story, but I'm not really feeling it right now. Then, I thought maybe it was time to re-read DT. Now, I'm debating on The Stand. It's one of the few SK books I've yet to read, and have kinda put it off over the years. Suggestions???
    The Stand is awesome, but its always a good time to re-read the DT series.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I also have "Embroideries" lying on my desk, which I'll probably get to soon. I'm probably going to head over to my local BPL branch to pick up "Prince of the Marshes," either tomorrow or sometime next week.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Just finished Song of Susannah (WOW!) and will read "Everything's Eventual" tomorrow.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blaineworshipper View Post
    At nights I am read Eats, Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Tress (it's for University, and is actually quite funny in some places)
    oh yes, very! I only once looked through it in a London bookstore, but I am going to buy it if I see it cheap. The title story is hilarious.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I just pulled Lisey's Story off the shelf and am going into the bedroom to start.
    Definitely the best place to read it. And the best purpose.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Currently reading Black House and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet... The writing style seems so different!

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    It might take a little getting used to, with the different writing style and all, but stick with it.
    As a wise-ass man once said...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 714 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 603 ... LastLast