Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 713 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 601 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 17825

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ghost Story is much more than mindless entertainment.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I will put that on my list, Brice.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Good!

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I will warn there are some slow parts in it, but it's well worth reading.

If you rescue me

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I'll keep Ghost Story in mind, as well as Houses Without Doors. I've been hearing a lot about the former, but the latter might be good as an introduction to his writing.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always considered Insomnia a Dark Tower book, but without Roland's ka-tet.

John

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    If you're gonna' read Straub at some point his earlier stuff is best IMO. Try, Ghost Story, Floating Dragon, Julia, Shadowlands, or If You Could See Me Now. Or if you prefer short stories Houses Without Doors is good.
    Good call!
    Floating Dragon is a good one, and Shadowlands is one I reread every so often. Straub's early work is much more appealing to me than his most recent stuff.
    Give one or all a try!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I just started The Hobbit a little while ago.
    good for you Amanda. I love that story.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

This is my first read of it.

hope you enjoy it!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't forget it's actually the prequel to The Lord of the Rings. That trilogy (or all four books, if you count The Hobbit) is one of the true classics of literature.

John

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I just started The Hobbit a little while ago.
    Excelleeeeeeeeent.

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Don't forget it's actually the prequel to The Lord of the Rings. That trilogy (or all four books, if you count The Hobbit) is one of the true classics of literature.

John
    Erm.... Yes and no.

The Hobbit was written before The Lord of the Rings, so technically it's not a prequel, more of a "prelude." A prequel indicates that the story set earlier was written later.

However, The Hobbit was revised (especially in Chapter 5) after The Lord of the Rings was written, so at least in that case, I suppose it effectively became a prequel (of sorts), and that's the only version you can find nowadays....

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    Erm.... Yes and no.

The Hobbit was written before The Lord of the Rings, so technically it's not a prequel, more of a "prelude." A prequel indicates that the story set earlier was written later.
    Good point J&Y. Additionally, it wasn't intended to be a prelude to anything. Tolkien wrote LotR because of the response to The Hobbit. There was a call for "more stories about Hobbits" and from that, he developed LotR. Ultimately, that's what I love about The Hobbit. It is a great piece of the whole Tolkien story cycle, but it also works perfectly as a stand-alone story. I fell in love with that book when I was a kid, and re-read it annually [usually in September around Bilbo's birthday]

My Mood
    Angelic

Yeah, it's amazing.... He didn't plan on publishing The Hobbit, much less writing The Lord of the Rings, but that's what he's most known for....

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I finished salems lot this weekend and started on Rage... pretty good so far!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    ... and re-read it annually [usually in September around Bilbo's birthday]
    Do you bake a cake for him as well?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Just started The Missing by Sarah Langan.

My Mood
    Angelic

Just finished Black House, and next up on my list is Song of Susannah.

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dearly Devoted Dexter - Jeff Lindsay. Very enjoyable but like the TV series better.

My Mood
    Angelic

Have just started Song of Susannah now.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I'm looking for a new to read...I not sure what
    I just heard of this new series, but how am I gonna
    find it, read it if I cant remember its name
    goes to backtrack to the thread I was just reading.
    *first thing to go is your short term memory...*

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What was the series about?

I'm in the middle of Attonement, by Ian McEwan. Good!

John F. Kennedy steph is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    What was the series about?

I'm in the middle of Attonement, by Ian McEwan. Good!
    Atonement is wonderful. The movie, not so much. The book, oh my.
    I want to reread it soon and it has not been long since I read it.

Right now I am reading Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier. For the first time, kinda embarassing. It is one of those I keep forgetting to pick up.
    But, it is good

+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 713 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 601 ... LastLast