Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 714 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 570 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Awesome, I can't wait
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Not only that, but it is amazing how King can write characters in a way that they become really real, I mean really real. I'm loving it
    So true. That's what I enjoy most about his stories.

So when are you going to start it All Hail?

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I generally avoid Austen spin-offs like the plague. I'm an Austen snob.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    You're in for a treat, Needful Kings! 1984 is an excellent book.
    ::stays with his own private opinion::
    Yea you'd better keep that opinion to yourself

I just finished The Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman. I do believe it's Duma Key time for me now .

Also tonight at the bookstore I bought Mr. Darcy Takes A Wife by Linda Berdoll. I noticed there is a lot of spin-off novels and "continued stories" regarding Pride and Prejudice out there in book-land. Has anyone read any of these? Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife sounded interesting and I can't get enough of Elizabeth Bennett, so I thought I'd give it a try.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I generally avoid Austen spin-offs like the plague. I'm an Austen snob.
    ditto

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, that's worth some bear love right there.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice BlakeMP is on a distinguished road BlakeMP's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Making my way through Duma Key right now. I don't know WHY it's so hard to find reading time these days...

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am currently reading Duma Key and The Dark Tower 7. I love both. I could not decide which one to read first so I am reading both.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

very interesting combination mia/susannah.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

So when are you going to start it All Hail?
    I'm thinking this coming weekend. I'm wicked psyched.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

one more stretch of reading and duma key will be in the "finished" list. hooray! very enjoyable.

Any scary parts?

nothing i would call scary, but a lot that is creepy and/or fantastic. also a few very compelling characters. i may be a bit biased because for me the book has a lot of local reference points being set in my part of florida. there is even one scene set on the street where i used to live.

Sounds awesome. That makes me want to read it even more. I was hoping for some juicy Dark Tower connections, but I guess there isn't any.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

i don't think any of his recent books have any dt connections, do they?
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Skeleton Crew and Alice in Wonderland

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I'm reading 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl by Daniel Pinchbeck along with a Graphic Novel version of Clive Barker's The Great and Secret Show and various Oscar Wilde essays for class.

2012 is a very interesting read.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I'm reading 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl by Daniel Pinchbeck

Sounds very interesting, what is it about?
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    I'm reading 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl by Daniel Pinchbeck

Sounds very interesting, what is it about?

Here's a bit of what wikipedia says about it:

This awareness led to his second book, 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl, which examines prophecy through personal and philosophical approaches, and offers the hypothesis that humanity is experiencing an accelerated process of global consciousness transformation, leading to a new realization of time and space within the next six years. In 2012, he also explains the psi or extra-sensory perception research of Dean Radin, the theories of Graham Hancock, his own encounters with crop circles, a visit to calendar reform advocate José Argüelles, and his direct reception of prophetic material: the voice of the Mesoamerican deity Quetzalcoatl, began speaking to him during a 2004 trip to the Amazon in Brazil. At the time, he was participating in a ceremony of the Santo Daime, a Brazilian religion that uses the psychedelic brew ayahuasca as its sacrament. Through its references to 2012 and the Maya calendar in the context of New Age beliefs, Pinchbeck's book has contributed to Mayanism. The book also details his acts of infidelity and his interest in polyamory.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Graphic Novel version of Clive Barker's The Great and Secret Show.
    I hope its better than the book, because I got about half way through before I couldn't take it anymore and have never picked up since.

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm currently reading both the history of Europe since 1850 cause I'm taking a very difficult exam in March and I'm almost sure it's going to be the subject, and the State of the World 2008 (that's about sustainable development) I'm a dull girl, aren't I?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nah, I'd read the European history book.

My Mood
    Breezy

me too, I'm in love with history, specially anything related to WWII

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

No way! I'm a Nazi Germany social history buff. I have an extensive reading list from a college class I took on Germany since WWII. I have barely made a dent in it.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    me too, I'm in love with history, specially anything related to WWII
    I'm obsessed with anything WWII related. Have you read The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich? It's about 2,500+ pages long. It took me a good while to finish it.

Anyway, I received my package in the mail today : The Hobbit! I only got to read a few pages but I can already tell I'm going to love it.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

When I get off my lazy ass, I am so going to post a reading list thread. Of course, this means I must first find and then scan the reading list I just alluded to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 714 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 570 ... LastLast