Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 657 of 657 FirstFirst ... 157 557 607 647 655 656 657
Results 16,401 to 16,407 of 16407

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Nevermore Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Just finished Lolita, which I loved.
    It's such a beautifully-written book dealing with such a dark subject. I still can't believe my high school English teacher let me write an essay about it as one of my elective summer reading books.
    That's exactly how I felt. It's quite disturbing and creepy considering what's really going on, but it really was so well written.
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."

Demon of the Prim Hunchback Jack is a name known to all Hunchback Jack is a name known to all Hunchback Jack is a name known to all Hunchback Jack is a name known to all Hunchback Jack is a name known to all Hunchback Jack is a name known to all Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I am no on the second book in Broken Earth AND just as good as the first one. I cannot wait to see how this trilogy ends....
    Kris, I'm about half-way through the first (sometimes listening to the audiobook, sometimes reading on a Kindle). Really enjoying it so far, and I'm glad to hear the second is as good!

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium
    Blackout

Goldmember webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I am no on the second book in Broken Earth AND just as good as the first one. I cannot wait to see how this trilogy ends....
    Kris, I'm about half-way through the first (sometimes listening to the audiobook, sometimes reading on a Kindle). Really enjoying it so far, and I'm glad to hear the second is as good!

HBJ
    Nice!!! Glad to see someone else on this ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Vagrant Dead WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Brooding
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished For Rosemary by Gene Wolfe. It's his only book of poetry. I didn't "get" it. I mean, I don't like poetry but I'll read it if it's by my favourite writers. This went completely over my head.

I started Pebbles from the Mountain by Harlan Ellison. This collection was available (still is?) as a part of the two book set of Ellison Wonderland from PS Publishing.

Vagrant Dead WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Brooding
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, PS Publishing needs a new proofreader. This Ellison is BRUTAL. I'm okay with typos, and really, most books have them. This though ... next level. They even misspelled HarlEn right on the dust jacket. Full-on savage mode with repeated sentences, random capitalization, wrong words, or even those typos that change the meaning of the sentence or better yet, make it meaningless. What does "Tried to keep Death way" even mean? I'm sure it was "Keep Death away." Surely they're not relying on autocorrect?

Only books I've seen botched worse than this were some Brian Keene's and David J. Schow's collections. Those were actually unreadable.

My Mood
    Brooding
    Country
    Country Flag

Harlan Ellison - Deadly Streets. This is the real deal. No s.f., no fantasy, just gritty stories of and from the streets.

Demon of the Prim Hunchback Jack is a name known to all Hunchback Jack is a name known to all Hunchback Jack is a name known to all Hunchback Jack is a name known to all Hunchback Jack is a name known to all Hunchback Jack is a name known to all Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I'm reading Seventh Decimate by Stephen Donaldson, in preparation for the next volume, The War Within, coming out in April. I hope to receive an ARC in a few days though.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium
    Blackout

+ Reply to Thread
Page 657 of 657 FirstFirst ... 157 557 607 647 655 656 657