Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 489 of 714 FirstFirst ... 389 439 479 487 488 489 490 491 499 539 589 ... LastLast
Results 12,201 to 12,225 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Oh oh. I was about to post how Im loving Horns so far (little more than 1/3 thru) - I was pleasantly surprised since I hated NOS4A2 so much I couldnt even finish reading it - but after reading the below now Im a little worried...
    20th Century Ghosts was pretty good tho. Hill comes up with some pretty strange shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    Finished Horns last night. I was very disappointed.
    Have you read any of his other books? I got maybe halfway thru but it wasn't really grabbing me, so I put it down and have yet to finish it. I love his other books though.
    Yes, loved HSB and the short stories. Horns started out so great, like an old SK short story...WHAM! Here's some weird shit, deal with it. If he'd stayed with that it could have been great.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Finished Wool, I liked it a lot although the ending felt a bit rushed. Looking forward to the next volumes, nevertheless.

Now starting NOS4A2.
    I really enjoyed Wool. I thought I had it pegged where it was going, but it took some twists and turns that were unexpected. A must read for anybody that enjoys books about dystopian societies. Did you finish Wool 1-5 and the newer ones too?

Feev, you haven't read Hill's Locke & Key graphic novel series? It's really pretty good. Also, Heart Shaped Box was a good read too. I have Horns and I've been looking for his short story collections. I also want to pick up NOS4A2.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

Reading NOS4A2. I loved "Horns". And I'm enjoying the hell out of NOS4A2 so far. Very strange. Very different. Original.
    Go then, there are other worlds than these.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well i never did end up finishing Under the dome. and it wasn't cause i thought it was bad it was just my attention span isn't what it used to be. i did get like 55 pages into it though. currently i am reading an oldie "IT" it's been years since i last read "IT" and it's easily one of my top 5 favorite books of SK. i'm only on Chapter 3 so far so i'm not that far into it. Ben just Left the bar after leaving those coins for the bartender. Ricky Lee

i just started it yesterday actually. and man it's been awhile since i was last on here. i looked at the date and it was Jan. 30th the last time i was on here. so it's nice to be back folks.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

55 pages? That's hardly a fair shake.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i'm not denying that, i'll at some point try reading it again. there have been plenty of books that it took me years to read and well finish that i do end up going back and reading it. "Carrie' was one i didn't read for many years. and though that for me is one of his worst books and i'm grateful it gave him a start. the original film is far better than the novel. and i don't say that very often.

ok another one when "Wizards & Glass' came out in (1997) i got the trade paperback of it with the castle and the pink cover. i got few hundred pages into it. and i tried reading that one a few more time and i kept getting bored to be honest. than within the last couple years i went back to it after many years of leaving it alone and i enjoyed the hell out of it. it's not for me as good as "The Drawing of the three' but i did enjoy it.

and my point is that was one King book that it took me years to finish. and i dunno how anyone else is but this is me.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The introduction to a much larger work - or, hopefully, many larger works!
    Promising!

sk

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    King had an oppourtunity to write something special and I thought he really underutilized his chance. Hopefully the television series will make better use of it.
    Dude wth we're actually agreeing on something?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i travel by night ? I NEVER heard of it or the author, to me it looks like it'd be Dark Tower Book IF it was SK writing it.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It's the same artist. McCammon is a classic writter.

Reading:

Neil Gaiman - Coraline
    Douglas Adams - The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    Tim Lebbon - Echo City
    Clive Barker - Books of Blood Vol. 1

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

you are reading all those at once? damn i'm just reading one right now. i do have the books of blood vol. 1 & 2 i just haven't gotten around to reading them though. i have those on paperback.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah but not all of them every day. They're also different enough so there's no confusion.

I have first 3 Books of Blood in a paperback omnibus edition. Scored it for a couple bucks from Goodwill.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really enjoying this:

sk

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Siep, I've enjoyed the entire series so far.

John

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    well i never did end up finishing Under the dome. and it wasn't cause i thought it was bad it was just my attention span isn't what it used to be. i did get like 55 pages into it though. currently i am reading an oldie "IT" it's been years since i last read "IT" and it's easily one of my top 5 favorite books of SK. i'm only on Chapter 3 so far so i'm not that far into it. Ben just Left the bar after leaving those coins for the bartender. Ricky Lee

i just started it yesterday actually. and man it's been awhile since i was last on here. i looked at the date and it was Jan. 30th the last time i was on here. so it's nice to be back folks.
    I'd definitely recommend another try with UTD. I'm 700 pages deep and it's on course to be a top 10 for me. Great storytelling.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad you're enjoying it!

Going crazy waiting for my B&N order to come! Book withdrawal is setting in.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    King had an oppourtunity to write something special and I thought he really underutilized his chance. Hopefully the television series will make better use of it.
    Dude wth we're actually agreeing on something?

Haha, yeah I guess so.

I started The Brothers Karamazov five days ago and already nearly three hundred pages in. It's hard to put down.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dust & Decay the second book in the Rot and Ruin trilogy.
    If you love me then love me..

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well i was in the mood for an old SK book from the 80's and it's been years since i last read IT, perhaps when i'm done with it if i'm in the mood to read anything else i'll pick Under the Dome up again. see i'm weird like that, the way i am is i have to be in the mood for an author a genre and i have to be in the mood to read as well. i'm the same way with movies and tv shows and video games, system's and Music too. it's just how i'm wired.

i dunno why i just am. anyways other than watching some tv this past weekend. i pretty much did nothing but read IT and it felt damn fucking good i gotta say, i hadn't done that in shit i dunno how long it's been but it's been FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR to damn long.

and i'm almost on Part 2 in it. i've got about 4 or 5 pages left of the 1st Interlude left. so in short it's the most i've read all i read in at least 2 years or so. that's how long it's been. or if i don't read Under The Dome next. maybe i'll read one of his shorter novels that i haven't read yet. maybe Blockade Billy or something. or Joyland when that one comes out. that one sounds good from the plot line. but the one book i'm dying to read this year is "Doctor Sleep'! and it comes out around my b-day! mine is the 16th i dunno the date of the book release though, anyone know? but it's i think in September.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Siep, I've enjoyed the entire series so far.

John
    So have I, John.
    I think the first one is still my favorite, but each Matthew Corbett book has been great reading. Six to go (I've read somewhere...).

sk

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Finished Horns. Really enjoyed it.
    Starting Heart Shaped Box tonight
    reality continues to ruin my life

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've started a reread of the Harry Potter series. Great books!

John

Country
    Country Flag

I'll be starting the second HP book as soon as I'm finished with Coraline.

Have you read any Gaiman John? I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that if you liked HP that you'd like Gaiman's books. I just finished The Graveyard Book after skipping it for a long time because it was a "kids book." I wasn't too into Good Omens though. It was witty and quirky but that was my least favourite one. American Gods, Neverwhere and The Graveyard Book are his best IMO. Absolutely superb story telling and if William Gibson, Stephen King and Harlan Ellison say he's good, that's good enough for me.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've read a few of Gaiman's books and enjoyed them. He's just not one that appeals greatly to me. I'm not sure why.

John

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fellowship of the Ring... sweet Jesus, they don't get to the Prancing Pony until 38% of the way through the book. I feel like this is more of an excuse for Tolkein to squeeze in as much of his world-building as possible, instead of actual plot. I thought George R. R. Martin was bad about that, but this is really blowing my mind. I don't need every song to be typed out word for word.

I'm going to make myself finish it, it's really good for reading in bed because it puts me straight to sleep.

I am getting enjoyment out of this, though:
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 489 of 714 FirstFirst ... 389 439 479 487 488 489 490 491 499 539 589 ... LastLast