Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 349 of 714 FirstFirst ... 249 299 339 347 348 349 350 351 359 399 449 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,725 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    the percy jackson series
    I read the first book and then went cold turkey. I really should get back on that.
    I am on book 4, Battle of the Labyrinth. They are ok, you can tell the audience they were written for and i am not using any brain cells to read

I also got 2 duplicates for christmas so am taking them back tomorrow. Any recomendations on what to swap them for? somebody told me to try the Dragon tattoo books?

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked Millenium series (another name for Dragon tattoo books), so I second that recommendation.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i couldn't remember what they were called!! thanks for the recomendation, i should probabley start reading some books that will actually use some brain cells

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished A Storm of Swords a couple of days ago and have breezed through half of A Feast for Crows in the past 2 days. It's fantastic. I'm trying to slow down because I know I'm going to be pissed once I'm done and can't read the next one, but it's hard. I have a gift card to Barnes and Noble (friggin' love gift cards for Christmas) and am wondering what to get next. I've been reading good things about Fevre Dream here, and a friend told me she loved it. Decisions, decisions.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

get Fevre Dream - it's fantastic! GRRM's Wild Card books are good too, if a little bit different than what I'm used to reading from him. The other authors in those are also fun to read.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    I've been reading good things about Fevre Dream here, and a friend told me she loved it. Decisions, decisions.
    It's amazing, trust me. Get it. Right now.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Recently finished:

Flip This Zombie by Jesse Petersen. (Fun, quick, wonderful, yay!)
    Blood and Ice by Robert Masello (it was okay)
    Agent of the Stars by John Scalzi (loved it)
    Portable Door AND In your Dreams by Tom Holt (loved them!!!)
    Fragment by Warren Fahy (excellent!!!!!!!!!)

Now I have a stack of books to muddle through to choose what I'm reading next. Memories by William Shatner (read that AGES ago and completely forgot what it says), or perhaps the new Star Fleet academy book or perhaps finish the book of short stories called Small Favors by Jim Butcher or perhaps finish shattered light or read some of the short stories by Stephen King I never got around to, or any other of quite a few books in my house I have left to read... Muddling...

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Liz, wasn't John Dies At The End pretty much the strangest thing you've ever read? I have no way of even explaining what that book is about when people ask me. But it's great.
    Pretty dang weird! And for some reason I quite enjoyed it but not as much as some of my other weird books like "agent of the stars". But back to John Dies at the end.. I Especially liked his fake story about the pseudo-author, and how he got his book published.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post

Where's the like button? Oh I forget this isn't facespace . Love it that you're reading those. Great books!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Tom Clancy's Dead or Alive and beginning Peter Straub's Pork Pie Hat.

John

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Reading Psycho by Robert Bloch. It's really good so far.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Just started Fevre Dream by George R. R. Martin. I started reading it lastnight at like 2:00am, which was dumb because I was really tired while I was reading it. I'm definitely enjoying it so far though. Also, after reading ASoIaF and starting this, I get the feeling that Martin has an inner passion for boats. I've never been interested in boats ever, but the way he writes about them makes them interesting to me. I also love the way he writes about food.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post

Where's the like button? Oh I forget this isn't facespace . Love it that you're reading those. Great books!
    Right here

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

I'm reading Shane and it's pretty engaging so far. It's always been one of my favorite movies and I got a copy of the novel at work.
    I took it home immediately but only just started it a few days ago.
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Rust And Bone-Craig Davidson
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Lucky Man, Michael J. Fox's autobiography.
    I have always loved him, so when I saw this at work I had to grab it.
    I lurk, therefore I am.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

how is it?
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

so far so good, he seems like a very humble dude
    I lurk, therefore I am.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

cool. i'll have to put it on my list. I've always liked him, since I was a kid and I saw Teen Wolf. Also loved Spin City.

Also, I'm a hypochondriac and I suspect I have Parkinsons.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Cities Of Night-Philip Nutman
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished Swan Song last night. Excellent, excellent book. The second half of the book (after the 7 year gap) was much better to me than the first part (which felt a little too much like The Stand I thought). I really loved the evolution of Swan and Sister's characters and the ending was fantastic. I cried.

I was going to start The Passage by Justin Cronin next, but when I finished Swan Song, I was up in bed reading on my Kindle and was too lazy to go downstairs and get The Passage (which I have in regular book form), so I started looking at a bunch of classics I had downloaded for free. I started reading Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I've always wanted to read this book, but never have gotten around to it. So far I'm enjoying it.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Erin, let me know what you think of Little Women. I generally don't enjoy a lot of books like that, but Little Women is one of my all time favorites.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Will do! I've wanted to read it for years, I'm glad I finally am!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Ooh, now I wanna punch Amy in the face all over again. >.<
    Erin, that is one of Annabeth's favorites.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

onto the final Jackson Book - The Last Olympian. Also went and bought Girl with the Dragon Tattooo and a book that leapt of the shelves at me 'Gone'

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

A reread of Hell House by Richard Matheson.

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently reading THE LONG WALK by Richard Bachman. The last time I read this book was about 19 years ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 349 of 714 FirstFirst ... 249 299 339 347 348 349 350 351 359 399 449 ... LastLast