Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 665 of 714 FirstFirst ... 165 565 615 655 663 664 665 666 667 675 ... LastLast
Results 16,601 to 16,625 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Reading Inspection by Josh Malerman. I'm enjoying it less than Bird Box (but I'm still enjoying it). It's a little slow and could use some more editing and focus, but it's keeping me engaged for now. Anyone else read it?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Along the Path of the Beam Eternal Unity will become famous soon enough Eternal Unity will become famous soon enough Eternal Unity's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Finished The Shining and now a 1/4 way trough Doctor Sleep. Loving it
    I thought doctor sleep was fantastic. Dare I say I preferred it to The Shining..
    Same Here!

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

On my 2nd read of the Malazan Book of the Fallen. Things make sense now... Currently half way through House of Chains. After the first chapter it slows a little but things are full on awesome now again

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Swift to Chase by Barron and More Walls Broken by Powers. Both very satisfying.

I'm three stories out of five done with World's Enough and Time by Simmons. Not his best work. Looking for Kelly Dahl is superb though.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Unity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Finished The Shining and now a 1/4 way trough Doctor Sleep. Loving it
    I thought doctor sleep was fantastic. Dare I say I preferred it to The Shining..
    Same Here!
    I am excited to read them both again. Was not a big fan of Doctor Sleep. I will find out how much of my thought was tarnished by preconceived notion on my second reading. I am excited!

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just started Firestarter today for the first time. I've started in anticipation of The Institute hopefully being connected to it, but of course that's just speculation. Regardless I'm enjoying it so far! Something tells me the end is gonna be a tear jerker (I have no experience with the movie at all)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Just started Firestarter today for the first time. I've started in anticipation of The Institute hopefully being connected to it, but of course that's just speculation. Regardless I'm enjoying it so far! Something tells me the end is gonna be a tear jerker (I have no experience with the movie at all)
    I really enjoyed the book and film both.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    I really enjoyed the book and film both.
    That's really good to hear! For whatever reason, I've just never been exposed to Firestarter. It's time I rectify that though, so better late than never I suppose. I'm only a 100 pages in, but I like what I see so far

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Gene O'Neill - Collected Tales of the Baja Express

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just finished The Name Of The Rose by Umberto Eco.

TNOTR was a good book, but although I enjoyed it and would recommend it to others, my reading experience suffered from expectations driven by comparisons to The Da Vinci Code.

Things it has in common with TDVC (and I don't think these are too spoilerish for anyone to know prior to reading): a heavy Christian/religious factor and people turning up dead.

There was, however, no:

Spoiler:
    - large-scope issue (such as a Jesus bloodline)
    - breathlessly break-neck pace (TDVC was the closest thing I've ever read to a book I actually couldn't put down)
    - definitive conclusion/explanation (TDVC revealed exactly what was going on; TNOTR kind of petered out into an absence of drama)

Despite all of that, it was entertaining and interesting enough on its own (and I'm still happy I got the Folio Society edition); I just wish I hadn't expected so much more.

I remain enthusiastic about reading more from Umberto Eco (if this reading experience sounds similar to my experience with F. Paul Wilson's The Keep (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1131257), it wasn't); I'll probably pick up Foucault's Pendulum next.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I just read (started and finished) the supplementary material in the 10th anniversary edition of The Name Of The Wind by Patrick Rothfuss - not the novel itself (which I'd already read in paperback), but everything else that appears in this edition.

A few years ago, I requested and received a handful of paperbacks to get a sampling of a few different things (all fiction, I believe), and TNOTW was one of them. This was not just a paperback, but a "mass market" paperback (one of the real little ones), and any worthy book deserves a better format than that, so when I saw the 10th anniversary edition (https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...9780756413712/), I knew I had to have it:

This anniversary hardcover includes more than 50 pages of extra content!
    • Beautiful, iconic cover by artist Sam Weber and designer Paul Buckley
    • Gorgeous, never-before-seen illustrations by artist Dan Dos Santos
    • Detailed and updated world map by artist Nate Taylor
    • Brand-new author’s note
    • Appendix detailing calendar system and currencies
    • Pronunciation guide of names and places
    ...not to mention: red stained page edges (all three sides!).

It's not an expensive "special edition" along the lines of what is normally discussed on TDT; you can still get this for $25 - $35, depending where you look. (I know this reads like an ad, but I don't work for DAW or Penguin; I just really like this book).

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Finally I finished Ararat! This was supposed to be my last winter horror read. I started it back in the middle of March, and now the weather is far from winter-like here I hit a bit of a reading slump and really struggled to finish it. The book itself was ok. It started off good, but then about 2/3 of the way in I started to not care for it.
    minor spoilers

I just started My Best Friends Exorcism. And I realized as I was typing this that this is now the third physical book in a row that I'm reading that pertains to demonic possession... I might need to read something vastly different next
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Josh Malerman - Inspection. I'm three chapters in and I haven't given up yet. That means I already like it more than Unbury Carol. I keep giving this dude my time and I'm hoping that after three complete duds since Bird Box, he'll finally prove me wrong.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished Doctor Sleep. Loved it, a classic to me. Was as good as The Shining.
    A little into NOS4A2, really enjoying it.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOS4A2 is excellent.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOS4A2 is excellent.
    And for me... Doctor Sleep is not. In fact it is the worst King book for me in a LONG time.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    NOS4A2 is excellent.
    And for me... Doctor Sleep is not. In fact it is the worst King book for me in a LONG time.
    That's Revival

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOS4A2 is excellent.
    That's Revival
    Revival the worst? Lol not even close. My fav since 11/22/63. Loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I recently started The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin, which is a children's book (8+) that I read years ago, probably when my younger daughter had to read it for school (perhaps I read it so that I could help in some way; recall is foggy on this). I remember it being a fun little mystery and decided to give it another go before jumping into something longer: up next is A Game Of Thrones (time to join the rest of the western world).

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

NOS4A2 is excellent.
    That's Revival

I am guessing we three can agree on Lisey's Story?
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

NOS4A2 is excellent.
    That's Revival

haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOS4A2 is excellent.
    That's Revival

haha
    So let's say Doctor Sleep was good (I need to read a second time) did it feel like a Shining sequel? I'm thinking not?

seeking: anything DT related #246
    Night Shift Anniversary Ed. (blue skull cover)
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    NOS4A2 is excellent.
    That's Revival

haha
    So let's say Doctor Sleep was good (I need to read a second time) did it feel like a Shining sequel? I'm thinking not?

NO. I did not.. a poor attempt for me if so.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    NOS4A2 is excellent.
    That's Revival

haha

NO. I did not.. a poor attempt for me if so.
    My second read will solve it for me. Next question I would love to hear thoughts on . . . If it WAS NOT a sequel to one of the greatest horror novels (I am being very dramatic!) ever would it have been good?

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked it either way
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 665 of 714 FirstFirst ... 165 565 615 655 663 664 665 666 667 675 ... LastLast