Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 467 of 714 FirstFirst ... 367 417 457 465 466 467 468 469 477 517 567 ... LastLast
Results 11,651 to 11,675 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading A Winter Haunting by Dan Simmons. It is very good! It is a sort of sequel to The Summer of Night. It takes place about 40 years later. It can stand alone as a novel, but helps that I've read The Summer of Night.

Gunslinger Apprentice noal will become famous soon enough noal will become famous soon enough noal's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Easy Riders, Raging Bulls.

I've read Down and Dirty pictures and saw this on Amazon for £2.

Can anyone recommend any more books about Hollywood, I have a book called Blockbuster by Tom Shone and Disney War by James D. Stewart, both of which I enjoyed very much especially Disney War, which I would highly recommend reading, although probably a little out of date now.
    They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they did.

Red Cloud

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

SiXX AM, You didnt specify if you meant movies or music

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by noal View Post
    Can anyone recommend any more books about Hollywood, I have a book called Blockbuster by Tom Shone and Disney War by James D. Stewart, both of which I enjoyed very much especially Disney War, which I would highly recommend reading, although probably a little out of date now.
    I recommend The Devil's Candy: The Bonfire of the Vanities Goes to Hollywood. The Bonfire of the Vanities is one of my favorite books, but the movie is widely seen as one of Hollywood's biggest flops. This book chronicles all the in-fighting, bad decisions, diva moments, cost overruns, etc., that plagued the making of the movie.

http://www.amazon.com/Devils-Candy-B.../dp/0385308248

"Veteran film critic for The Wall Street Journal Julie Salamon presents a juicy inside look at the making of the Hollywood mega-flop Bonfire of the Vanities. Salamon reveals how success, fame, and enormous amounts of money can be catastrophically mismanaged for the sake of ego."

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

My Favourite Place: A Tribute To Scotland's Best-Loved Places

Thanks, Susan!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished Boy's Life by Robert McCammon. Amazing book! The writing style had hints of Dickens in the fact that each chapter was a mini story that all fed a larger story. Hard to explain, but needless to say, I really enjoyed this.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished:
    Lee Thompson - Within This Garden Weeping (creepy, dreamy stuff. I didn't know it was a part of the author's mythos, but I still liked it a lot)
    Ronald Malfi - After the Fade
    Kealan Patrick Burke - Thirty Miles South of Dry County (one word: amazing)

Reading:
    Dean Koontz - Breathless
    Peter Straub - Floating Dragon
    China Mieville - Perdido Street Station (top 10 material, truly incredible)
    Brian Hodge - Without Purpose, Without Pity

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Free download from Amazon: The Boy in the Lot by Ronald Malfi. It's just a short story:
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Boy-Lot-eb...boy+in+the+lot

Country
    Country Flag

WeDealInLead - my first and only Burke has been Kin and I thought it was excellent. I guess I need to try Thirty Miles South of Dry County from your recommendation.

Country
    Country Flag

I've only read his Turtle Boy novella and Thirty Miles. Thirty Miles seems a little more adult (and it's a stand-alone) but writting is superb in both. I'll check out Kin after I go through all the Turtle Boy books.

edit: Thirty Miles is from Dark Fuse (.com). They used to be Delirium Books. They publish mostly novellas and quality is consistently high. Their Tim Curran titles and Norman Prentiss's The Fleshless Man will go in my top 10 for this year for sure. Dark, bleak, "wordy", well-written.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    My Favourite Place: A Tribute To Scotland's Best-Loved Places

Thanks, Susan!

I've read her contribution, now I need to read the rest of pieces.

Currently reading: ODD APOCALYPSE (Book 5 in the Odd Thomas series), by Dean Koontz
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Currently reading: ODD APOCALYPSE (Book 5 in the Odd Thomas series), by Dean Koontz
    Bears loved the first book; how are the others?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Bears loved the first book; how are the others?
    I just gave you a shout out in the other thread a moment ago, and I was wondering what you thought of the first book. Glad to hear your response, Jean!

I've been reading them as they come out, so there's a lot of time in between. I am still enjoying the series.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

good! I will go on reading them, then

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

"If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently reading for the first time: GERALD'S GAME, by Stephen King.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

One of my favorites.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Country
    Country Flag

JG Faherty - The Cold Spot
    Dean Koontz - The Good Guy

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    One of my favorites.
    Mine too.

John

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    One of my favorites.
    Mine too.

John
    This book has more going on than I had expected.

Country
    Country Flag

Philip Jose Farmer - To Your Scattered Bodies Go
    Ronald Malfi - The Mourning House

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished, The cell. Great story, not the best ending. Unlesss of course there is a sequel...then its not so bad.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently reading McCammon's The Providence Rider. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the Corbett novels.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 467 of 714 FirstFirst ... 367 417 457 465 466 467 468 469 477 517 567 ... LastLast