Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 351 of 714 FirstFirst ... 251 301 341 349 350 351 352 353 361 401 451 ... LastLast
Results 8,751 to 8,775 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

(re)read some Lovecraft instead. As Myste graceously reminded us, Cthulhu fhtagn.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

excellent Jean!

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Idiot's Guide to the World of Harry Potter.

John

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm on The Passage. So far I'm all "WFT is going on" and super confused....but in a good way. I can't wait to see how it all comes together.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm excited for you, Erin! I loved it and think you will too.

Currently almost halfway through Swan Song.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

One can NEVER go wrong with some Lovecraft.

I'm currently reading Dangerous Red by Mehitobel Wilson.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Otherland. Liking it so far, i'm on book 2.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

and this

If you are going through hell - keep going

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Kill Whitey-Brian Keene

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

re-reading the stand.

I wanted to read something comfortable and known

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

As cold as it's been here, I've been debating rereading Dan Simmons' The Terror.

John

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

John, I just looked that up and it sounds really awesome! *adds it to the To-Read list*
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a great book. Definitely worth the read.

John

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone read They Thirst by McCammon?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting how little things spark the memories...

There has been a bit of discussion in one of the movie threads about Waking Life movie, then Melike also recommended it in the Dreams and Nightmares thread. And her 'the oneironaut' status line made me remember "Good Night, Sophie" by Lino Aldani. Science fiction story about oneirofilms, which I read as a teenager. So that's what I'm going to read now (provided that I can find it).
    If you are going through hell - keep going

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Has anyone read They Thirst by McCammon?
    It's a great book. I read it when it first came out as a paperback.

John

Country
    Country Flag

The synopsis sounds really good, like what I hoped for in Swan Song. I'll put it on my mental to-read list.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Stickmen-Edward Lee

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Room. by Emma Donoghue. A very strange book so far.

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Room. by Emma Donoghue. A very strange book so far.

John

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Needles And Sins-John Everson

If you rescue me

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson

Wow. When I heard this was a "crime" novel, i didn't think it would be my cup of tea. I didn't realise that the label "crime" applies as much to it as "fantasy" does to Harry Potter. Bloody hell. Fifty pages in, and already I'm thinking that Lisbeth Salander is one of the most interesting and compelling characters in literature since Sherlock Holmes. And I do not say that lightly!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

DD, definitely let me know what you think of it once you're finished. I've heard alot of strong for and against arguments of the Millenium series, and have been debating whether or not to read them. From the little bits of reviews that I've read, it seems like most people feel as if it drags alot, so I'm curious to see if you feel the same way.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson

Wow. When I heard this was a "crime" novel, i didn't think it would be my cup of tea. I didn't realise that the label "crime" applies as much to it as "fantasy" does to Harry Potter. Bloody hell. Fifty pages in, and already I'm thinking that Lisbeth Salander is one of the most interesting and compelling characters in literature since Sherlock Holmes. And I do not say that lightly!
    now I want to read it. You always sound so convincing, DD...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 351 of 714 FirstFirst ... 251 301 341 349 350 351 352 353 361 401 451 ... LastLast