Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 411 of 714 FirstFirst ... 311 361 401 409 410 411 412 413 421 461 511 ... LastLast
Results 10,251 to 10,275 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Just read UR for the first time, on a whim. Loved it. Can't believe I hadn't read it before, especially considering the tie-ins to TDT.

I was waiting around for the new episode of Archer to come on, and didn't want to get back into The Interpretation Of Murder, since it's pretty heavy reading. Looked through my Kindle for something short to kill the half hour or so before Archer started, and noticed that UR was only 71 pages. Knocked that bad boy out in like twenty minutes. Then I did a quick re-read of my potentially favorite King short story, All That You Love Will Be Carried Away. Tonight was a good night.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

When my wife first started teaching kindergarten, she had a kid from a family in which the three boys were named Jim, Jimmy and James.

John

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Just starting

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Isn't Brandon Sanderson the author in charge of completing Jordan's Wheel of Time series ? I picked up Elantris from him a few years ago on a whim (I liked how the cover looked lol) and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Might have to read more of his stuff soon.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Sanderson is finishing the Wheel of Time series. I haven't read any of his installments in that series yet, but I've heard mostly positive reviews. I've also read Elantris...and loved it! I'm thinking about starting the Mistborn novels - bought the first 3 on a whim, and just haven't had time for them yet.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    Yes, Sanderson is finishing the Wheel of Time series. I haven't read any of his installments in that series yet, but I've heard mostly positive reviews. I've also read Elantris...and loved it! I'm thinking about starting the Mistborn novels - bought the first 3 on a whim, and just haven't had time for them yet.
    I thought the Mistborn series was excellent! I haven't gotten to Elantris or Warbreaker (his standalone novels) yet, but I loved The Way of Kings, the first installment in a larger series he's calling The Stormlight Archive. Give Mistborn a shot.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I recently learned (thanks to Reddit) that Brandon Sanderson and Ken Jennings (the guy who won like crazy on Jeopardy) were roomates at Brighman Young in college and are still friends.

The more you know. *shooting star*
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Gunslinger Apprentice Jorge will become famous soon enough Jorge will become famous soon enough Jorge's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheeky
    Country
    Country Flag

I've picked out the next book on my list: Dead Souls by Nikolai Gogol. I have a soft spot for Russian literature. The Idiot is still one of my absolute favorite books that I've ever read.

Gunslinger Apprentice Jorge will become famous soon enough Jorge will become famous soon enough Jorge's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheeky
    Country
    Country Flag

And yes, as a matter of fact I am alive. Thanks for your concern, dorks.

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm literally just starting A Canticle for Leibowitz.
    ♪♪No secret, no matter how nasty can poison your voice or keep you from joy ♪♪ -- Perfume Genius

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DD!! if you hear me now -

I've been meaning to ask you for ages: have you read Lucky Jim, by Kingsley Amis?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I've actually never heard of it, Jean. What kind of book is it, then? One I'd likely enjoy, I'm guessing?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Never heard? It's one of my favoritestest books ever, and the one I should have recommended to you - and by "recommended" I mean "told you to drop everything and read it NOW" - ages ago, only I was sure you read it!!

DO IT!! DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...so you think I'd like it, then?

I'll look out for it, but considering I'm still in the middle of Game of Thrones and my reading speed is incredibly slow, don't expect anything from me on it within the next few months at least. (Honestly, I've been reading GoT on and off for the 9 months anyway. Not that I haven't been enjoying it, just that I've been reading about 5 other books at once. Never a good idea for someone with borderline ADD like me, anyway!)

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

DD - it's a different kind of book

you'll be really, really surprised you didn't get around to reading it earlier. Such a lot of time wasted!

and I can't believe that someone who can write so brilliantly - can experience difficulty reading

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, thank you for the compliment, but I do enjoy reading. It's concentrating long enough to read something substantial without being distracted that's the trouble. That's why I enjoy reading Sherlock Holmes so much: short stories, nice and easy to read and finish off in a day.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    It's concentrating long enough to read something substantial without being distracted that's the trouble.
    I'm gonna say two words to you, and they will change your life: Multi. Tasking.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    It's concentrating long enough to read something substantial without being distracted that's the trouble.
    I'm gonna say two words to you, and they will change your life: Multi. Tasking.

Fair point, boss.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Now reading Angels and Demons...say what you will...I like Dan Brown.

Also, Horns was great...cant wait to get ahold of some more Joe Hill.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazingly weird! Very much recommended for anyone wanting something really out there.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

sk

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Angels and Demons is one of my favorites.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

tearing my hair out till I get all my books back - - - - - -not long now.

So relyin on my Kindle, just reread Pet Semetary, still not struck on it. Dont really like the main characters and i think it important to relate to the characters

trying to think of another book to read on kindle, any suggestions?

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

If you haven't read UR yet, give it a go. Pretty quick read.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 411 of 714 FirstFirst ... 311 361 401 409 410 411 412 413 421 461 511 ... LastLast