Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 540 of 713 FirstFirst ... 40 440 490 530 538 539 540 541 542 550 590 640 ... LastLast
Results 13,476 to 13,500 of 17825

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Daddy Love by Joyce Carol Oates, if you're looking to have your heart ripped out and your soul shat upon then this is the book for you

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Yeah, you really sold me on it.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Tim Pratt - Briarpatch. Another awesome book from ChiZine.

I might start some early Silverberg next. Fun, pulpy SF stuff.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Conrad.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Expiration Date - Tim Powers

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

House of Leaves - Mark Z. Danielewski

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

Yeah, you really sold me on it.

so glad I finished that one last night, JCO has more balls than a lot of the male writers I read, she is fearless in her choice of subject matter and unflinching in the handling of said subject matter, her books are like a slap in the face, they get your attention and wake you up and I've only read about six of her many, many books so far, I am in awe of JCO

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Not gonna lie, I looked it up. There's no way I could read it. I was cringing just reading the synopsis.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Not gonna lie, I looked it up. There's no way I could read it. I was cringing just reading the synopsis.
    I don't blame you, it's not for everyone and could be traumatizing to some but it's definitely, unfortunately, a timely book

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Had to stop reading Expiration Date. Over 200 pages in and it is extremely uninteresting. I rarely (I mean a handful of times only) have not finished a book, but I can't keep going. I think I will reread a King book now to refresh the pallet.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Gene Wolfe - The Sword of the Lictor. Really cool fantasy and s.f. mishmash. Unlike a lot of fantasy books, the number of characters is low. Some cool settings, you never know what's next.

Country
    Country Flag

Harlan Ellison - Spider Kiss. I had a few hours of peace and quiet and finished the entire book in one sitting.

Started The Nightwalker by Thomas Tessier.

The Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice, loving it so far

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post

Country
    Country Flag

Born to Fear, Interviews With Thomas Ligotti

This is a really interesting read. Suggested reading for both writers and fans of horror. I'm not a fan of non-fiction in general (don't even buy the magazines with King's interviews) but Born to Fear works because Ligotti is such a an enigmatic and charismatic person. I'm fashionably late to all-things Ligotti but I find it super interesting that it was rumored he was a joint pen name of several writers, that he wins all these awards but never shows up to collect etc. It's basically the opposite of what a lot of writers I used to idolize are doing now on Twitter every day. I can dig a little mystique.

Country
    Country Flag

Sacrament by Clive Barker

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

GSD: Thanks for the high-five! Freshman year of high school I was not in honors English (that happened junior year after I buckled down sophomore year) so I did not get a chance to read it. However, I'm glad I didn't; I don't think I would have appreciated how special this book is. It's my new favorite and the one I think every single person could benefit from reading.

Anyway, here's what I'm reading (and loving) now:

Guy has so much passion, it jumps off the page.

4d 6f 72 6f 6e JackPoint is on a distinguished road

Default I've got one!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    The Queen of Bedlam - Robert McCammon
    HI Dan I can offer you a UK paperback first of Rage - the bright yellow cover - in VF condition. There is a Hodder & Stoughton store adhesive stamp on the back cover, and slight browning or adhesive residue on the front cover at upper right. I've never seen a better copy. Yours for $400.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JackPoint View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    The Queen of Bedlam - Robert McCammon
    HI Dan I can offer you a UK paperback first of Rage - the bright yellow cover - in VF condition. There is a Hodder & Stoughton store adhesive stamp on the back cover, and slight browning or adhesive residue on the front cover at upper right. I've never seen a better copy. Yours for $400.

Gunslinger Apprentice noal will become famous soon enough noal will become famous soon enough noal's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished Insomnia and enjoyed it. I especially like slow burners but this never felt like one like I have heard people say about it.

I am now onto The Eyes Of The Dragon and it is NOTHING like I thought it was going to be!
    They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they did.

Red Cloud

Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post
    GSD: Thanks for the high-five! Freshman year of high school I was not in honors English (that happened junior year after I buckled down sophomore year) so I did not get a chance to read it. However, I'm glad I didn't; I don't think I would have appreciated how special this book is. It's my new favorite and the one I think every single person could benefit from reading.
    Yes.
    I didn't get around to reading it until a few years ago, and I'm so glad. Had I read it when I was younger, I probably wouldn't have appreciated it. For me, reading it was one of those rare cases where I actually grasped and fell in love with a classic. Great great book.

Quote Originally Posted by noal View Post

I am now onto The Eyes Of The Dragon and it is NOTHING like I thought it was going to be!
    Do you mean that in a good or bad way?

Country
    Country Flag

After seeing this on some many business blogs as a must read, I decided to pick it up from the local library. I've read only the introduction and first chapter and I'm blown away. The man's genius jumps off the page and his voice rivals those of my favorite fiction writers.

Still reading WWZ and Guru in You as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 540 of 713 FirstFirst ... 40 440 490 530 538 539 540 541 542 550 590 640 ... LastLast