Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 630 of 713 FirstFirst ... 130 530 580 620 628 629 630 631 632 640 680 ... LastLast
Results 15,726 to 15,750 of 17824

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I really enjoyed Bird Box. Wasn't a huge fan of the ending, but I'm used to that with King's books so it didn't ruin the book for me. I haven't read any of his other books yet, but I hear Goblin is amazing.
    King and his endings, isn’t that the truth. Just finished Birdbox earlier today. I did not want it to end and was finding myself wanting more. I’m good with how it ended, it could have gone one of a dozen ways that’s for sure, and I felt that, even until just about the very end. I of course don’t want to spoil it for anyone. Overall.... Whew, what a journey. It was a refreshing tale. Well done, Mr Malerman!
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Anyone here read The Handmaids Tale?
    Yes, read it
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When I was at Barnes and Noble last month, I was trying to decide between Lord of the Flies and The Handmaid's Tale. How I wish I would've picked The Handmaid's Tale.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

At least Lord Of The Flies is pretty short, and since it's widely known, it's one of those books that you might as well read to know what the conversation is all about, even if it's terrible.

(FYI, I wouldn't call it awful, but I didn't really enjoy it either - but I'm glad I've read it to at least be "in the know" etc.).

Similarly, I would also recommend that everyone read The Catcher In The Rye, despite that one actually being awful.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    When I was at Barnes and Noble last month, I was trying to decide between Lord of the Flies and The Handmaid's Tale. How I wish I would've picked The Handmaid's Tale.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    At least Lord Of The Flies is pretty short,
    Don't tell Ricky that. He's been stuck on it for forever.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Currently reading The Body for the first time because I needed a Stephen King fix and it's one of the few stories I've not read yet.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Started Sleeping Beauties today. So far so good. Great amount of intrigue. Diggin’ it.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

Along the Path of the Beam Starkraven7 is on a distinguished road Starkraven7's Avatar

Yes!! It was great - close to the series but not exact. I read it after watching the show.

Along the Path of the Beam Starkraven7 is on a distinguished road Starkraven7's Avatar

I'mcurrently reading Gods of Gotham by Lyndsay Faye.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So what's stopping you from heading back and picking up The Handmaid's Tale?

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Currently reading The Body for the first time because I needed a Stephen King fix and it's one of the few stories I've not read yet.
    Oh, you're in for a treat. Such a great story. Have you seen the movie?

Oh, you're in for a treat. Such a great story. Have you seen the movie?
    Yeah, that's what always made me steer away from the book. But I figure enough time has passed for me to enjoy the book now.

Did you not like the movie? I really don't mind picturing any of those actors in my head when I read it, unlike The Stand

Country
    Country Flag

Did you not like the movie? I really don't mind picturing any of those actors in my head when I read it, unlike The Stand
    If The Stand is rebooted. Cameo for Rob Lowe.

WTB:

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved the movie and the story. Ugh, The Stand mini-series lol. Hopefully if a movie version is ever made, they get it right.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

No, I liked the movie. But I usually have a hard time getting into books if I've seen the film version first. It's a great movie.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished the Silo trilogy... Wool was fantastic and it got worst and worse as the series went on. That is too bad as it was a cool concept!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The Stand, like many made for TV movies (and some ordinary ones too), has not aged that well. Having said that, I think it has lots going for it, not least among them the fact that they gave it 4 nights (as opposed to the 2 given to It). Generally the performances are good, and even if you didn't like Ringwald and Nemec (I thought they did fine), you still have Sinise, Miguel Ferrer, Ossie Davis, Ruby Dee, and Ray Walston - that just isn't a bad cast. I don't know how people feel about Rob Lowe, but the more I've seen of him over the years, the more I've liked him, and The Stand was where I really started taking him seriously.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

At least Lord Of The Flies is pretty short, and since it's widely known, it's one of those books that you might as well read to know what the conversation is all about, even if it's terrible.
    Yup, that's why I'm sticking it out to the finish.

Is that one in Different Seasons or Four Past Midnight? I haven't read either. I think they're the only collections I haven't read.

Umm...freaking Lord of the Flies.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Is that one in Different Seasons or Four Past Midnight? I haven't read either. I think they're the only collections I haven't read.
    It's in Different Seasons. Does that mean you've yet to read Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption?

Got this baby in the mail today.

Yup, that's why I'm sticking it out to the finish.

Umm...freaking Lord of the Flies.

Different Seasons and Four Past Midnight are both excellent collections. I recommend both. The Body, Apt Pupil, and Shawshank are all amazing stories. And Secret Garden, Secret Window is one of my favorites.

Ah, Secret Window is a great one.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I haven't read any of those but have heard good things. Next in the King version of my to-read pile is Sleeping Beauties and Eyes of the Dragon.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Is it your first read of Eyes of the Dragon?!

Country
    Country Flag

EoD is classic. Great read.

I’m enjoying Sleeping Beauties so far, about 300 pages in.

WTB:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 630 of 713 FirstFirst ... 130 530 580 620 628 629 630 631 632 640 680 ... LastLast