Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 263 of 714 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 261 262 263 264 265 273 313 363 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,575 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Patrick, please let me know if you read some more of his books. I've only read a handful of his books, but he's easily becoming one of my favorite authors. And you got me motivated. I actually picked Drood back up this morning.
    I finished DROOD today. Damn, that was good book!

As you know by now, I've got another Simmons book sitting on my shelf waiting to be read.
    Yes, let me know how it is. I'm glad you enjoyed Drood. I'm about 200 pages in now! It'll be awhile before I finish it, but I'm loving it so far.
    Sorry, had to double post when I saw this comment. I read several of Simmons books on a binge and would say The Terror and Song of Kali are the best other than Drood. For me, The Terror was best of all.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I am going to read Taste of Tenderloin which is a book Jerome sent me that is signed to me!

It is my policy to read every book with this designation and it sounds like it will be really good. Small book so I'm sure I'll get through it tonight at work.

Yep, next on my list! And you all are making me majorly curious of the Simmons books.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its pretty good so far, about half way through it.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Simmons or O'Neill?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Simmons is very good, Dags.
    I'm about to start that O'neill book too.
    Ruthful: you know fatu hiva. I do think Letti must mean a different book by Thor though.

I'm currently reading Martian Time Slip by Philip K. Dick.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, it'll be interesting to see how we all feel about the O'Neill book, as a bunch of us will be reading it at the same time.

I'll have to put Simmons on my list as well.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, you definitely should.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I read several of Simmons books on a binge and would say The Terror and Song of Kali are the best other than Drood. For me, The Terror was best of all.
    For me, I like Drood more than The Terror, but it was close. Song of Kali (which I read when it first came out) is a strong contender also.

John

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Just After Sunset and am now reading Taste of Tenderloin by Gene O'Neil.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Sorry, had to double post when I saw this comment. I read several of Simmons books on a binge and would say The Terror and Song of Kali are the best other than Drood. For me, The Terror was best of all.
    You have to check out Summer of Night. That one's my favorite, followed closely by The Terror. I still have yet to read Song of Kali though.

Daggers, definitely give him a shot. You won't be disappointed.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Summer of Night is next on my list then. I am re reading an old paperback of Gerald's Game someone left at the hotel right now.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Summer of Night is next on my list then. I am re reading an old paperback of Gerald's Game someone left at the hotel right now.
    I hope you enjoy it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed that one a lot more than I thought I would when I first picked it up. I found it really creepy!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally started The Winds of War by Herman Wouk. Recommended to me long, long ago by JohnBlaze; I've owned a copy for over a year, just now getting to it... and with all I have to do, (including my commitment now to write a NaNoWriMo novel) I'll probably be working on it for quite a while. I often break for simpler books, anyway, when I'm reading a long piece of serious fiction. Of course, I'm familiar with Wouk's other famous work The Caine Mutiny, but this is clearly different. Not far into it yet, but so far the style kind of reminds me of All My Sons by Arthur Miller

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

The Silmarillion

Along the Path of the Beam RoseMadder is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

right now I am rereading Siddhartha by Hesse, feel like being re-enlightened
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always
    worked for me."
    "Bill Clinton does not inhale marijuana, right? You bet. Like I chew on LSD but I don't
    swallow it.'" Hunter S Thompson

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Just finished The Chronicles of Narnia.

*takes a deep breath, lets out a great sigh of contentment*

Gunslinger Apprentice TLC is on a distinguished road TLC's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

I really want to finish reading Drood. I've had to take it out of the library 6 times so far and still haven't finished it. Waiting for it again....number 29 on the waiting list. *sigh*

Currently reading , besides test books, The Stranger by Max Frei

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Just got the new Patricia Cornwell - The Scarpetta Factor.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Well, I really didn't want to start reading A Song of Ice and Fire until martin finished writing them, because of my impatience, but I finally ran out of good stuff to read and I started them. I haven't had much time to read but I'm almost done with the first book, and I'm loving it. At first I thought it was going to be as tedious to read as LOTR, but it's not.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Duma Key... finally

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Also reading Rowing The Atlantic by Roz Savage
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 263 of 714 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 261 262 263 264 265 273 313 363 ... LastLast