Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 340 of 713 FirstFirst ... 240 290 330 338 339 340 341 342 350 390 440 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,500 of 17825

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    finished desperation ...
    Where does it stand amongst your favorite SK books ?

Desperation is my all time favorite [non DT] King book
    Ditto that!

I have put a hold on my DT re-read to re-read The Deathly Hallows before the movie comes out.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Strange, I put off finishing Deathly Hallows to start my DT reread I'm sorry, I just couldn't ignore the pull of the beams.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'll be done with HP pretty quick. I read 150+ pages in an hour or so the other night. So, as soon as it's done...back to TDT.

I swear, I almost typed: "back to TDK"

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    finished desperation ...
    Where does it stand amongst your favorite SK books ?

Desperation is my all time favorite [non DT] King book
    Ditto that!

I have put a hold on my DT re-read to re-read The Deathly Hallows before the movie comes out.
    first can i say i am rocking you sig

now to business;-
    Feeve ; i missed your post **bad candy**

it was so long since i read it, that i had forgotten what a fab book it is, i am currently reading Regulators now - and to show how long it is since i read both - i never realised he used the same characters names (it was approx 10 years since i read desperation and then years in between each book.) I actually got a bit of a kick out of it. It was like he had thrown names into a hat and then tagged them to a character, and then did the same again for Regulators (i know what i mean)

at the moment, Desperation has the edge on Regulators but i will come back to you on that one once I have finished it. Desperation is definatley back in the top ten. (i always love rediscovering a book)

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I have been reading a lot of Peter Straub lately. I read his Blue Rose Trilogy (Koko, Mystery, The Throat) and I love them all. I have also read Lost Boy, Lost Girl, and The Hell-Fire Club. Both of these are very chilling novels.

I started reading Peter Straub because he wrote two books with Stephen King and I wanted to get know him and his writing better. You never know, maybe some of Peter Straub's characters could show up in the third book of The Talisman and Black House series. (I think it would be awesome if there was a Fee Bandileor a.k.a Franklin Bachelor vs. Jack Sawyer! )

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    (I think it would be awesome if there was a Fee Bandileor a.k.a Franklin Bachelor vs. Jack Sawyer! )
    After Lost Jack Sawyer will never sound right.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Cirque Du Freak - Allies of the Night (Book Eight) - Darren Shan

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    I have been reading a lot of Peter Straub lately. I read his Blue Rose Trilogy (Koko, Mystery, The Throat) and I love them all. I have also read Lost Boy, Lost Girl, and The Hell-Fire Club. Both of these are very chilling novels.

I started reading Peter Straub because he wrote two books with Stephen King and I wanted to get know him and his writing better. You never know, maybe some of Peter Straub's characters could show up in the third book of The Talisman and Black House series. (I think it would be awesome if there was a Fee Bandileor a.k.a Franklin Bachelor vs. Jack Sawyer! )
    Pixie, one of Straub's minor characters from Ghost Story is mentioned in Black House. PM me if you want more details.

John

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Ruth - A co worker of mine just lent me Atlas Shrugged. Have you read it ? I'm eager to start it.
    I've tried reading it-and The Fountainhead-when I was younger, and honestly couldn't finish either. I think I got through a chapter of AS. I might have to revisit them as an adult though.

Along the Path of the Beam a fan is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

the stand
    "First comes the smiles, then lies. last is gunfire"
    - Roland Deschain, of Gilead

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by a fan View Post
    the stand
    ooo is it your first read or a re-read?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

And is it the original shorter version or the uncut version?

John

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Ruth - A co worker of mine just lent me Atlas Shrugged. Have you read it ? I'm eager to start it.
    Some parts bog down, and she does go off on tangents, but this is a great book. Read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    I've tried reading it-and The Fountainhead-when I was younger, and honestly couldn't finish either. I think I got through a chapter of AS. I might have to revisit them as an adult though.
    You should.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just started

I so could not resist two of my favorite things, Star Wars and Zombies.
    If you love me then love me..

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished:

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Death Troopers was AWESOME!!

I picked up Song of Susannah on a whim at work cause I needed something to read on break.
    Now Im headlong into a DT re-read. Finished Gunslinger in a day, ahlfway through DotT now.
    I have not touched DT7 since it came out because I wasnt happy with it...Its time to give it another chance.
    I lurk, therefore I am.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Normally I don't post the covers, but Drizzt looks so BAMF there...

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post

This looks epic! I need to start reading these again... I stopped at book 4.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post

That's funny: i've just been considering reading the Drizzt books recently, mainly because I want to learn more about the Forgotten Realms universe that quite a few of my favourite PC games (that i've mostly never been able to complete) are set in. Wasn't sure if i'd like them or not, but now I know you enjoy them Pond, well, I'll guess now I'll have to check it out! (After the Doctor Who book I've barely started and the Discworld novel I'm in the middle of, of course.)
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Traveler Marie-Therese. Laurent is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lonely

I just read this, lookin for Shambhala Myth : It's really amazing , even through the "DARK TOWER"'s light : it seems that Stephen King had a visionary metaphoric VISION about this (Myth ?) he knows probably by name but without consciously beeing thinking at this, when he writes This initiatic Thing : The Dark Tower (even if he told about It that he doesn't really knows, writing this huge modern odyssey, where (&why ?) he was going to ............. the // more than ever seems amazing to me ..

http://www.victoria-lepage.org/shamb...itual_axis.htm
    Last edited by Marie-Therese. Laurent; 11-13-2010 at 05:05 AM. Reason: keybord mistakes (and english ones : I'm french)

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm currently reading, "The Black Act" by Stoker Nominee Louise Bohmer--as well as, "End Times" by Stoker Nominee, Rio Youers.

I highly recommend both.
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post

That's funny: i've just been considering reading the Drizzt books recently, mainly because I want to learn more about the Forgotten Realms universe that quite a few of my favourite PC games (that i've mostly never been able to complete) are set in. Wasn't sure if i'd like them or not, but now I know you enjoy them Pond, well, I'll guess now I'll have to check it out! (After the Doctor Who book I've barely started and the Discworld novel I'm in the middle of, of course.)
    Oh I think you would love them! Especially the first trilogy set. There are 13 books total in the main story line, and are for the most part broken into story arches over 3 books. The first 3 are simply magnificent! Of course, I'm not saying the other ones aren't any good, but if you read any of them make sure you start at the beginning.

This is actually only one of 4 books I am reading right now - I'm also in the middle of John Dies at the End by David Wong, The Lost Hero, of the Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan, and The TARDIS handbook

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Define "beginning", since I know chronologically the Dark Elf trilogy is first, but the Icewind Dale books were written before those. What's more ideal: written order or chronological order? Or is either way good to read?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I find the Dark Elf Trilogy (Homeland, Exile, Sojourn) to be the best. Those 3 are generally placed at books. Though, the Icewind Dale trilogy is also quite good! Reading them in established book order though, is interesting. I think it's fairly easy to tell which books he wrote first. Thy style change is subtle - no more of a style change than what naturally happens over most series - but more noticable, I think because we are reading it from a "backwards" standpoint. The first 3 books are a little more polished, I think.

Chronologically, I think it makes more sense to start with Homeland. There's nothing that is given away about those 3 in the Icewind Dale trilogy, but you understand Drizzt and his actions better if you read his backstory first.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 340 of 713 FirstFirst ... 240 290 330 338 339 340 341 342 350 390 440 ... LastLast