+ Reply to Thread
Page 684 of 684 FirstFirst ... 184 584 634 674 682 683 684
Results 17,076 to 17,082 of 17082

Thread: What are you currently reading?

The Tenant Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    St. Troy: everyone who reads Dickens these days conquers bears' heart forever!
    What, doesnít everyone?
    it breaks my heart to admit that no, they don't!

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I have never read Dickens, what's a good one to start with?
    what Troy said; also, Great Expectations is the most similar to a novel in the common meaning of the word; while Nicholas Nicklby (my personal favorite) is, in bears' opinion, the most dickensian

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19's Avatar

AHFOG was the opposite of The Loney: less purely enjoyable prose, but much more meat on its bones and actual nefarious doings afoot. [And when I say "less purely enjoyable prose," it's not that the writing is actually bad; AHFOG's documentary nature (mostly first-person recollection; the rest is an informal blog) undoubtedly gives it the flavor it has. The upshot is that, even having read AHFOG, I donít feel that I know what Tremblayís writing is actually like, and so one day I will read his next novel (Disappearance At Devilís Rock).]
    Disappearance at Devil's Rock is very different from AHFOG. It's a great story, though one I'm not sure I'd read again, only because it was a bit disturbing in a very realistic sense. There's images in that book that are still stuck with me today even though it's been a number of years since I read it. That said, I would definitely recommend it.

Cabin at the End of the World was really good as well.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Finally got around to starting We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson. Loving it so far.
    oh, I love it! The Haunting is even better, but then again The Haunting is better than almost anything that is already written or is going to be.
    Good to know; I have to get around to reading that.
    yes, and her short stories too. She is incredible.

ETA
    I'm about halfway through, so we'll see how I feel by the end of it, but right now I'm enjoying it way more than The Haunting of Hill House.
    ...ooooooooops...........

Country
    Country Flag

I really wish I had read it prior to watching the miniseries.
    And I. Really. Really. REALLY wish you had.

Rebel Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19's Avatar

Don't worry Jean, I also love The Haunting of Hill House
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Manni Folken Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy's Avatar

HoHH is one of the most unnerving books I have ever read. I had seen the first film version of it ages ago but when I read the book, it really creeped me out. I love it. I haven't seen the netflix show yet but I hear it's pretty good.

Vagrant Dead WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Michael Marshall - Bad Things

+ Reply to Thread
Page 684 of 684 FirstFirst ... 184 584 634 674 682 683 684