Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 311 of 714 FirstFirst ... 211 261 301 309 310 311 312 313 321 361 411 ... LastLast
Results 7,751 to 7,775 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Sounds interesting Bev, I put it on my list.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

acdckingfan

Iam reading the strain by guillermo del toro and chuck hogan. it is compared to dracula and sk's salems lot. not done yet will let you know.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I’m about halfway through The Liar’s Lullaby by Meg Gardiner. A solid thriller. The protagonist performs psychological autopsies in cases of equivocal death–when there isn’t enough evidence to say whether a death is homicide, suicide or natural or accident. The victim in this case is a popular singer who dies during a spectacular entrance at a concert. She also happens to be the president's ex-wife, has a long history of bipolar illness. She also has a deranged stalker and is being used by a white supremacy group to further some members’ bizarre conspiracy theories.
    Bloody hell, and I thought I've had tricky jobs!
    Damn, that sounds interesting! I need to add it to my list.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

19junkie

i'm in the middle of:
    Insomnia
    The Stand (second time through)
    Storm of the Century
    Under the Dome (second time through)
    and i just finished Desperation.

Desperation was lacking, but i'm loving Insomnia if not just for it's connection to DT.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

You like UTD that much? ::shudders::
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gunslinger Apprentice arrawyn is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Everything's Eventual - SK peters out on the endings sometimes (most?) doesn't he?

My Mood
    Breezy

I LOVE EE, one of my favorties out of the collections.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

DITTO.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

CANARSIE: The Jews and Italians of Brooklyn against Liberalism, by Jonathan Rieder

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Great Expectations

I am surprised that, as a classic, it is NOT boring me. I'm actually really enjoying it.
    I usually don't have high hopes for classic literature.

Gunslinger Apprentice LineofEld is on a distinguished road LineofEld's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Great Expectations

I am surprised that, as a classic, it is NOT boring me. I'm actually really enjoying it.
    The soundtrack from the movie is yummy.
    "I have long stopped asking why the mad do mad things."

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You ate it?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Great Expectations

That's often the reason they become classics. The problem is that our educational system takes all the "fun" out of them.

John

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I've heard Great Expectations described several ways, but never as boring. This particular work was published serially in a magazine, so he had to keep things popping to keep the reader coming back for more. That's why the magazine publisher paid him the big bucks, using Dickens to sell more magazines.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You know, I think even if he hadn't been publishing it that way, he would have failed to write anything boring anyway. He is my favorite author, and bears find his sense of humor unparalleled in the multiverse.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Great Expectations

That's often the reason they become classics. The problem is that our educational system takes all the "fun" out of them.

I agree 100%. I've found that movies and books that I've been assigned to watch/read in school are far less enjoyable than if I had chose to read/watch the exact same thing on my own.

It's one of the big problems I have with the school system. It's like, hey, I read outside of school unlike half the idiots here. Don't tell me what to read and give me a packet of questions to answer about it. No.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy

lol Ruth, i was looking for the "Like" button. I hope you enjoy it!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Finished War and Remembrance last night (3 AM, actually LOL). Now I need something to read. Suggestions?
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The Gift of Fear - Gavin de Becker.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

About to start Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy

Dags, I keep seeing you push that book. What is it about?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Seriously should be required reading for every girl over the age of twelve:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0440508835/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_ s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0M8VKHN6YHFS4FNX98H4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p =470938631&pf_rd_i=507846"]Amazon.com: The Gift of Fear and Other Survival Signals that…[/ame]

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    About to start Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane.
    Let me know what you think. It's a really good read.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 311 of 714 FirstFirst ... 211 261 301 309 310 311 312 313 321 361 411 ... LastLast