Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 474 of 714 FirstFirst ... 374 424 464 472 473 474 475 476 484 524 574 ... LastLast
Results 11,826 to 11,850 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Jean, if you like Simmons, check out Tim Powers and Gene Wolfe. Both are absolutely fantastic.
    Thank you! I will! Now with my Kindle I feel like a kid whose parents suddenly won a million dollars, took him to toy megastore and said, "have all you want!"

... and added: "You don't have to hurry. You don't even have to choose. You can have everything."

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I am just shocked to learn there are Dicken's stories bears haven't read.
    bears themselves are shocked! To shock us both deeper, they haven't read The Tale of Two Cities, either. Or Hard Times.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Jean, if you like Simmons, check out Tim Powers and Gene Wolfe. Both are absolutely fantastic.
    Thank you! I will! Now with my Kindle I feel like a kid whose parents suddenly won a million dollars, took him to toy megastore and said, "have all you want!"

... and added: "You don't have to hurry. You don't even have to choose. You can have everything."

bears themselves are shocked! To shock us both deeper, they haven't read The Tale of Two Cities, either. Or Hard Times.
    Go! Read NOW! I'm pretty sure I finished all of Dicken's stories back in elementary school. There are some I like more or less, but none I don't love.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

YES, NOW!

oh God please don't let me die too soon! there's such a lot of books I want to read NOW!..

There are some I like more or less, but none I don't love.
    this is soooooooo right...

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've decided not to die until I finish EVERY book.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've decided not to die until I finish EVERY book.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I have only read a few by each author so I'm not authority on them but I'll say this: Hide Me among the Graves took me 3 months to read. It's a loose sequel to Stress of her Regard but I found that out afterwards and I don't think I missed anything. Powers has that ability to transport you right where the story is if you go slow at it and don't skim. Each sentence has an image in it. I'm not good with words so I can't describe it well. It's a vampire book (more or less, don't let that scare you) set in Victorian England (don't let that scare you either) but it reads like someone from that era wrote it, not someone who researched that era and then wrote about it. Or at least someone who time-travelled there. It's very convincing.

Country
    Country Flag

I have only read a few by each author so I'm not authority on them but I'll say this: Hide Me among the Graves took me 3 months to read. It's a loose sequel to Stress of her Regard but I found that out afterwards and I don't think I missed anything. Powers has that ability to transport you right where the story is if you go slow at it and don't skim. Each sentence has an image in it. I'm not good with words so I can't describe it well. It's a vampire book (more or less, don't let that scare you) set in Victorian England (don't let that scare you either) but it reads like someone from that era wrote it, not someone who researched that era and then wrote about it. Or at least someone who time-travelled there. It's very convincing.
    I think you've described it perfectly. At least bears really really want to read it NOW.
    I want to be able to sleep with only half a brain, like a dolphin, then I can read nonstop. Why aren't bears made this way?..

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I want to be able to sleep with only half a brain, like a dolphin, then I can read nonstop. Why aren't bears made this way?..
    Me too. :sigh:
    (Can't really add anything meaningful to the topic of discussion - have been reading only the January issue of Forbes Russia for the entire week, and still have not finished it. No time at all!)
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Country
    Country Flag

understandable...

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

yes

If you rescue me

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Three stories in. I loved the introduction by one of King's (and my own) influences, John D. MacDonald. I also enjoyed King's forward as well.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did someone call me?

Stebbins, if this is your first time reading Night Shift, you're in for a treat. No-nonsense no-excuses horror stories. True classics of the genre.

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lol, I didn't even know where that picture was from till right now.

It is my first time reading NS, I'm looking forward to the rest of it

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

World War Z

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Horror Hall of Fame: The Stoker Winners

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    Nice.

Gunslinger Apprentice RolandLover will become famous soon enough RolandLover will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished reading Gillian Flynn's 2nd book Dark Places! Very good murder mystery!

Country
    Country Flag

Update: Just finished "The Boogeyman" story in Night Shift. This story contains a therapist named Dr. Harper; my favorite story I have written thus far is about a therapist named Dr. Harper!! That shit bugged me out, I just had to share it.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok...a few things.....

1/3 of the way into Neil Gaiman's Anansi Boys....and I had to stop. Just couldn't get into it.

Started a new one by David Levithan titled EVERY DAY. Interesting so far. A bit juvenile, but definitely a compelling premise.

Anyone ever read Stephanie Meyer's THE HOST??? Didn't much care for twilight crap...but this book is a stand-alone, adult, awesome book, IMO.

thoughts?

G
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Did someone call me?

Stebbins, if this is your first time reading Night Shift, you're in for a treat. No-nonsense no-excuses horror stories. True classics of the genre.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post
    Ok...a few things.....

1/3 of the way into Neil Gaiman's Anansi Boys....and I had to stop. Just couldn't get into it.

Started a new one by David Levithan titled EVERY DAY. Interesting so far. A bit juvenile, but definitely a compelling premise.

Anyone ever read Stephanie Meyer's THE HOST??? Didn't much care for twilight crap...but this book is a stand-alone, adult, awesome book, IMO.

thoughts?

G
    Glad to see someone else didn't like Anansi Boys. Have you read anything else by Gaiman? And, out of curiosity, what was your main problem with the book?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 474 of 714 FirstFirst ... 374 424 464 472 473 474 475 476 484 524 574 ... LastLast