Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 714 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 184 584 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished DUMA KEY.
    Then I read FIGHT CLUB by Chuck Palahniuk. Awesome book.
    After that was STARDUST by Neil Gaiman. An enjoyable, sweet story.

Currently reading: SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES by Ray Bradbury.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

wait wait wait, Stardust, is a Gaiman yarn? As in the movie Stardust?

Maybe I ought to read it, and maybe watch it too.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

*takes down names*

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Her Last Death: A Memoir, by Susanna Sonnenberg

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

today I read Around The World In 80 Days, and tomorrow I'll read Treasure Island, followed by 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

I love that book (and the movie)...
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gunslinger Apprentice aurora is on a distinguished road aurora's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, finally not a school book. Finally have a chance to go back and finish Arthur C. Clarks 'First Born', after that a James Patterson book and then upon recommendation from a few of you, 'Black House'. Sadly that may get stuck waiting till May before I get a real chance to read it.

My Mood
    Breezy

bump it to First Priority

you'll thank me later

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    wait wait wait, Stardust, is a Gaiman yarn? As in the movie Stardust?

Maybe I ought to read it, and maybe watch it too.
    You definately should. The book is better than the movie, naturally, but both are quite enjoyable.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I second John's suggestion.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

I love that book (and the movie)...
    That is the next audiobook I am going to "read" after LoTR! Cool, I"m glad to hear good things about it.

Monte, would you like to borrow the audio book for Insomnia? Read by me.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Um, gee thanks but no.
    Insomnia not my favorite book....no, not so much. Maybe I'll learn to like it someday and if I do, I'll totally take you up on the offer.

Would you like my personal reading of Stephen King's The Dark Tower: The Complete Concordance?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bah, I wish y'all would do readings. That'd be awesome!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Anybody reading Insomnia would be an improvement over the dildo they had reading it. BAD, BAD, choice!
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading Green Grass, Running Water by Thomas King

I love my Native Lit Class.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you read Rose Madder yet, Daghain?
    Yep, but it's also on my reread list. It's been a long time since I read it last.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

:rose:

currently listening to Black House
    having a bit of trouble getting into it
    but not giving up
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it your first time with that Tamez? My first time reading it I had a bit of trouble getting into it. As I read on it got better though. Now, I love it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    On the subject of Poe I have a hardcover collection of his stories from the 1800's where some of the titles are different and it has minor textual differences from the one normally seen also. I found it at a thrift shop for $1.00.
    Lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post

If you get the chance, read it. If nothing else, read The Pit and the Pendulum, my favorite story by Poe, by far.
    Oh, I'm planning on reading it this summer for sure.
    It's only my lengthy book list
    I really like what I read of him so far, so I'm looking forward to it.
    Awesome

Doing the two step....

I Am Legend (re-read)
    Lord of the Rings Trilogy (re-read)

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I just started a book called "Born to Buy" by Juliet Schor about how companies try to make consumers out of children through ubiquitous marketing. it's very interesting so far, but not the least bit surprising.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I'm 2/3 of the way through The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass now. The first three volumes didn't take me this long to read (started it last Sunday, usually Dark Tower books take me a few days at most).

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Have you read Rose Madder yet, Daghain?
    Yep, but it's also on my reread list. It's been a long time since I read it last.
    Just finished a reread of Rose Madder and I'd forgotten how good it was. Would love to see this turned into a film.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I might have to give Rose Madder another shot. I did not enjoy it whatsoever the first time I read it, but that was years ago.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 714 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 184 584 ... LastLast