Page 73 of 714 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 573 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the link, Patrick. I'm going looking for a copy of the book, if I can find it!

For me, I like to read the book first, then listen to the audiobook. I'm the same way with books and movies - I like to read the book first.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

yes Patrick, but the author I'm talking about is famous enough on her own, but she chose to produce a couple of books audio only before she goes into print. She has a full audio cast, and will be producing them herself.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I generally listen to one book on audiobook while at work and read one book in print while I am at home.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I generally listen to one book on audiobook while at work and read one book in print while I am at home.
    same here chris, though like i said, the audiobooks are re-reads.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just started 20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill

Finished 1984 by Orwell. Interesting read. Quite different than I expected, and I enjoyed it. The main character was pretty fascinating. As for being prophetic, Orwell was hit and miss. Overall, I enjoyed it.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I'm reading "Serenity Found" Unofficial Essays on Firefly and Serenity.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I just began reading "Marley and Me" by John Grogan. It's super great so far.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished a reread of Dune and Dune Messiah by Frank Herbert. Forgotten how good these books were. Next up is Childern of Dune.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Reread Bag of Bones.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Traveler 1ofthe19 is on a distinguished road

Right now I'm reading Duma Key and I find it to be quite the enjoying experience. It's a little different then some of King's other stuff, but still one of the best books that I have recently had a chance to read.

John F. Kennedy steph is on a distinguished road

I just finished Bridge of Sighs, By R. Russo.
    A very good book.
    I started Wolves of the Calla yesterday

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Right now I am reading Duma Key and The Dark Tower 7. When I finish these I am going to start the Dark Tower series again. I love it. I am also going to start Different Seasons.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am kinda' blown away by how good Duma Key is. I haven't found anything of his that I didn't like, but this is exceptionally good to me. It reads like the best of old King and the best of new King thrown together. I think I love it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I read the teaser for Duma Key that was at the end of the paperback edition of Blaze. When that sucker comes out in paperback, it's MINE.

And in my reread of The Dark Half, I am realizing that I have NO RECOLLECTION of reading this book the first time. None. Now, I know I did, because as soon as a King book comes out in paperback I read it, but now I wonder why the hell I don't remember this book? I have just enough aha moments to know I DID read it once, but man, it hurts to know I can forget so much in 17 years.

Must be A.G.E. Syndrome.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Daghain, tell me you're not one of those folk that never buy a hard-cover copy of a book? You have some moral (read anal) problem with it? I love The Dark Half, that is one scary motherfucking book.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

allhail, I hardly ever buy a hardcover copy of a king book, at leas not new, mostly because they're so fucken expensive.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    allhail, I hardly ever buy a hardcover copy of a king book, at leas not new, mostly because they're so fucken expensive.
    Thats cause you're a skin-flint motherfucker!

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

:rose:

currently listening to Duma Key
    loving every minute of it.

(i am dissapointed he didn't read it himself though )
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    Thats cause you're a skin-flint motherfucker!
    how about this, you buy my kid's diapers and I'll buy the hardcover SK books coming out.

Check is in the mail.

My Mood
    Breezy

Check is in the mail.
    "I'll believe that when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert."

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Daghain, tell me you're not one of those folk that never buy a hard-cover copy of a book? You have some moral (read anal) problem with it? I love The Dark Half, that is one scary motherfucking book.
    Nope, I'm just OCD.

I started collecting them in paperback, so now they ALL have to be paperback.

Besides, it's easier to carry a paperback copy around.

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Skeleton Crew- (The Jaunt)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Tommyknockers. I decided to find out if it was really so poor. I can confess, after some of later King writings it is very refreshing. I might have to edit my opinion in King's Worst Novel thread.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Still working my way through Insomnia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 714 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 573 ... LastLast