Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 714 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 543 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Yep, a couple times. I love it. It is actually pretty scary.

I'm pretty certain that I have read almost everything he has done novel and short story-wise, but I am pretty behind on comics.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    For those that don't have Fragile Things, but want to read "A Study in Emerald," you can get it from Neil Gaiman's website: http://www.neilgaiman.com/exclusive/...df/emerald.pdf

I highly suggest buying the book if you like this story. Most all of his stories are amazing in some way or another.
    YES! Thank you OchrisO!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty certain that I have read almost everything he has done novel and short story-wise, but I am pretty behind on comics.

I'm just the opposite

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

I'm right in the middle.

Gaiman's work on Superman/Green Lantern : Legend of the Green Flame was awesome.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Listening to Polar Shift by Cussler.

Good as all the rest, the men are men (but smart)--the women are smart (but beautiful)

Mind candy--I hate boats but like boat stuff. Like I hate strawberries but love strawberry flavor.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Like I hate strawberries but love strawberry flavor
    That explains a LOT.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always been partial to "Harlequin Valentine," even though I had read it prior to Fragile Things.
    Me too, I had the illustrated version.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Chris, have you read Coraline by Gaiman yet?
    I've not read that yet, but I've put it on my Amazon wishlist for when I get paid

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Like I hate strawberries but love strawberry flavor
    That explains a LOT.
    Doesn't it?
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Chris, have you read Coraline by Gaiman yet?
    I've not read that yet, but I've put it on my Amazon wishlist for when I get paid
    You can make a wishlist on Amazon?

[/SPONTANEOUS BRAIN COMBUSTION]

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah, y'know like if you see a book but can't afford to buy it at that moment, you click the "add to wishlist" button and then you can find it straight away when you have the cash.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, and I think others can see it, if you let them. Makes that Xmas shopping so much easier.

Lisa, Coraline is a must read. It's excellent.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've asked my sisters for book tokens for my birthday so I should own it soon

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love that series. The 5th book, just left me kinda WTF LOL, but I loved the 1st 4.

I'm now reading The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer.

Gunslinger Apprentice BedOfRoses will become famous soon enough BedOfRoses's Avatar

I have Corraline but haven't read it yet. Sounds like I should get started!!

I'm reading "Sex Lives of Cannibals: Adrift in the Equatorial Pacific" by J. Maarten Troost right now.
    The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart.

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

just finished house by frank peretti & ted dekker. there were bits i thought were sorta cool but overall i was unimpressed. hated the ending.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

coraline was awesome. everything that man does is amazing.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm liking Catch - 22 more and more as I get deeper into the book.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Bag of Bones and am now on The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I had no idea that Lisa was such the expert on the book I'm reading.

All these stories are wonderful in their own way, totally worth the price and the time.

I just now realized that everything (ok, both things) I'm reading at the moment are by Gaiman: The Sandman Volumes and FRAGILE THINGS.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm liking Catch - 22 more and more as I get deeper into the book.
    Keep talking like that and I'll have to go reread it. It's been years...
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I got as far as the dustjacket. Does that count?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Um, no, sorry.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Darn. I don't think I can get any further than that.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I had no idea that Lisa was such the expert on the book I'm reading.
    Now Patrick, what kind of stalker would I be if I didn't brush up on everything you were into?

Finished HSB yesterday - I loved it!! Joe Hill reminds me of Gaiman quite a bit style wise.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

There are 36 novels set in the Discworld universe?!?11

Yee-sus.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 714 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 543 ... LastLast